1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Women, geez, a gold fish died, not your relative

Discussion in 'General' started by unknowngamer, 13 Feb 2010.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

What's with all the trolls? Bit-Tech didn't used to suffer from outbreaks like this.

/Nostalgia

2. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Women sometimes suffer from progesterone variations. So, it is possible that she's having problems with hormones> It's very rare under her age but she can be near menopause (don't know if it is like this in english).

So, if it's a progesterone problem, you need to go to a women's doctor. Do that ASAP.

It's important that you give the right attention to avoid a deep depression wich is VERY destructive. I can say it by personal experience.

3. boiled_elephant

"Problems with hormones" and "a women's doctor" kinda stinks of female-hysteria-type talk. What sort of hormone problem would be beyond the proficiency of a non-gender-specific doctor? In fact, do "women's doctors" even exist? I only know what wikipedia can tell me, but on the list of medical specialities I don't see "women".

I'm not trying to be inflammatory, and I'm sensitive to the fact that a language barrier may be a factor here. But it sounded a bit like a "<spooky voice> it's because she's a woman!" solution. I'm very wary of gender-based explanations...

4. Yemerich

I was trying to say "gynecologist". I was kinda lazy to look for a translation for "ginecologista" in portuguese. it looks like if i just typed in portuguese you would understand better.

Sorry

The variation of progesterone can lead women to "post-birth deep depression". And yes, progesterone deep depression is much more common in women as you may have guessed.

I am sorry if I offended someone, but as you can see, english is not my first language, and as I can see it sux!

EDIT: Aditional info on progesterone and depression:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-with-Perimenopause

Last edited: 17 Feb 2010
  5. boiled_elephant

Sorry for being reactionary, I thought that might be it :)

I've heard of post-natal depression but it didn't occur to me that it was hormonally triggered. Kind of stupid of me, in retrospect.

I suppose the relevant question is, has OP's wife given birth recently - or can it happen for other reasons?

6. Yemerich

Progesterone can vary in a woman's body for LOTS of reasons: stress, bad eating habits, lack of exercises....
    There's no way to tell how to avoid that. The only way to say if she's in need of professional help is... with professional help.

Those women that have humor variations in the period before menstruation normally have progesterone problems.

I really hope thats not the problem with any of BT readers nor their respective wives.

7. Executioner

Executioner What's a Dremel? A quick razor

This is my opinion (we all know that saying) The Goldfish is a good idea for the kids, I do not in any way have expierence with proffessional mental diagnosis stuff (couldn't get pshycological to look like it's spelled right)

I personally would be concerned with your wife's extreem emotions, If she has always been like this then this is the person you accepted as your mate as is. There may be some history to explain the hieghtened emotions and maybe not... People are as they are, and barring some huge life changing expierence they will remain as they are.

Our life's expierences make up who we are as well as the people we meet in life's journey, our personality is a sume of what we have seen heard felt and dealt with in our life to date and our personality's WILL change. Otherwise your a Vulcan!

Let the kids learn the natural life and death cycle with the fish, but I personally would have a sit down and heart to heart with the wife (If you deem it needed)

Read my sig.

8. boiled_elephant

I'd like to think that's not the case, but evidence is lacking. Watch this space, I guess.

9. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I think you are trying to do a very healthy thing in teaching your children to accept death as a part of life.

It could be a problem though if your wife is so emotional about each instance of that lesson, she could well project her own way of dealing with it on the kids, which will mean you are basically exposing your kids to a series of traumatic experiences without any real beneficial effect.
    You should probably discuss with your wife on how to proceed. If there's one thing worse then parents teaching their kids bad lessons it would be parents disagreeing on what lessons to teach.

By the way, did this whole story remind anyone else of this:

10. sHORNY

sHORNY What's a Dremel?

HE WAS SUCH A GOOD BLOODY ACTOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. complover

complover What's a Dremel?

oh dear,

buy her a dog and she'll soon get over it :D

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

where the hell is nexxo ? He would have ended this debate days ago with the only opinion that matters (on this kind of subject)