1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows LOST Season 6

Discussion in 'General' started by AshT, 2 Feb 2010.

?

Will the Lost writers be able to wrap it up properly?

1. No, they'll screw it up and they won't answer half the questions they scattered about

22 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Yes, it'll be great - the questions will be answered because they have had time to do think about it

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Yes it'll be great, but no, the ending will suck / be brilliant in equal measures as it won't answer

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Well they're not really spoilers, but as you wish.

2. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

spoilers are spoilers...

3. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Yes they are, and I'm the only one that has posted any so far.

4. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Wow, I had forgotten what that feeling was like ...

The feeling you get when you get to the end and would chew your own arm off for another double helping. It's damn shame we're back down to single episodes from now until Easter holiday.

One thing I'm confused about:

The guy who went out to rescue his sister ... Shannon? I thought she came back with him last time and that's how she ended up on the island and died? So where is she this time? She should be on the plane!?

5. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

It's a different timeline, maybe they have plans for her character down the road. The same as having Desmond on the plane instead of being responsible for bringing it down in the first place.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

First two episodes = great.
    Episode three = Oh FFS.

It's just more confusing. Instead of progressing the writers are just creating more confusing **** and not answering real questions.

7. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Totally loving the first 3 episodes so far. Can't wait to see how they connect the two universes.

Something I've noticed Lost loves to do (but really confuses some people) is call the same thing by two (or more) separate names. If you think about it, it makes sense that different island communities will create their own name for things.

8. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Episode 3 was easily as good as the double bill, in many ways better. I am actually starting to get my hopes up that they may pull this thing off and give it as great an ending as it deserves.

9. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Absolutely. I'm usually sceptical when TV writers/creators blame network scheduling for why their show sucks, but Lost is the exception. Once the writers were given a solid end date, they were able to take the show out of limbo and the quality sky-rocketed. I don't think it's physically possible to write a show like Lost season to season.

10. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

True, the fixed end model doesn't always work though, look at the end of BSG as an example , they knew when it was going to end for ages but could they be arsed to even attempt to tie up all the story lines, could they hell.

Ronald D Moore will forever be a **** in my book, no matter how utterly fantastic the rest of the show was, besides I'm giving all the fantastic bits credit to Jane Espenson for I love her work.

11. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Didn't the show execs already say that they're not going to even try tying up all the loose ends and questions and want to focus on the hear and now, and "character development" and "interactions."

The show is now so far out of control, I don't even care what happens. I'm still going to watch, but I'm going to be so relieved when it's finally over.

12. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Stuey we've had 6 years of character development and interactions, I need closure!! Answers!!

I'm completely 'Lost' at the moment, I reckon I might have to start watching the season 5 recap and all the season 6 episodes again. The current direction is making no sense to me at the moment :S

13. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

They ran out of money for continuity consultants at the end of season 3 and have since then taken on 12 year old interns for the job.

14. Slink

Slink B7

this.

needs more smoke + island mythology and less love stories. pronto.

I've put up with the damn show for too long, i must've watched the seasons 1-5 about 5 or 6 times over. maybe more.
    I need closure, proper closure.

also the dude with the specs, dogen's little hippie run around, dont you think it's funny how every "leader" has an aide?

fake edit: hi

15. Slink

Slink B7

double post, ban me

16. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Then you should have been very happy with this weeks.

17. Slink

Slink B7

are we talking about ep04?

I thought it was alright, not amasing, it was hyped up to answer a load of questions but didn't really do much.
    I was hoping to see more smokey in smokey form, the begining (which had the POV camera running through dharma-ville with the smokey fx playing got me excited, then when it cut to unlocke i was rather disapointed.

They need to churn out another classic like The Constant. As much as i love the show, it makes me rage so much that it lasts for 40 minutes and always cuts off just as things get interesting, i'm inpatient.

18. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I noticed there was very much an emphasis on "why am i here" from sawyer in this weeks episode. I do wonder if it will get to the point where someone starts saying "what do you mean, why are you here? that's the greatest question in life, and if we had the answer, everything would be more simple wouldn't it?" sort of thing, and they don't tie it up in that way. realistically now, there is just too much to explain in the space of what, 12 episodes?

19. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Just finished watching E04 ... I was like
    yeehaa
    and then I was like
    ermmmm ...
    and when
    Hugo turned up
    I was like
    argggh!
    and then when
    Locke confessed all to his missus
    I was like :waah: and then finally when we were getting towards the end I was like
    YEEHAA
    and then when it ended I was like
    AAAAARRRGHHH!!! MOOOORE!

E04 is a good episode! Same again next week please.

20. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Ep4 brings answers, questions and anticipation in equal measure. The best combo for this show. I've voted for the third option, because I think they will knock it outta the park, but then I loved the Sopranos finale. The key here is to be open and enjoy the ride. Trying to pre-empt what we're gonna get will merely ruin the show.

Tags: