1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ravenheart, 19 Nov 2009.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

That DRM is ridiculous :( Glad I got the console version or I'd have been really angry about that.

As for the controls on a console, they're fine. I actually can't really imagine it being much better with a keyboard & mouse.

2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Bought myself a 360 copy instead now, would have rather played it on the PC but that amount of DRM is just too much. Makes me so angry how paying customers are getting royally screwed.

3. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I've pre-ordered for PC, I don't have any consoles to play it on, I was really looking forward to playing this, so I'm not going to cancel.

I might just do a 'Spore' and seed it, or I might crack it in defiance of The Man.

Oh, and I'm glad they cancelled DX11, as I can't afford the hardware :worried: :lol:
    Shame they skipped DX10 though, even if it doesn't add much :hehe:

4. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

Wow, I had no idea the DRM for the PC version was that bad. That's really just horrible.

On another note, anyone play today's DLC yet?

5. Hex

Yes! Well, I started killing the 9 people at the beginning. I found a Templar Lair too (I got the extended DLC with the extra secret locations), but decided to go to bed before finishing it. I love this game so much I'm trying to make it last as long as possible!

So far the camera hasn't been annoying like on the first DLC, but it keeps flickering in a glitch like way (not like the game is glitched, I assume it's because this DNA sequence is sort of hacked together by Rebecca). It's a little distracting though.

Last edited: 19 Feb 2010
  6. pimonserry

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Completed it earlier today. The ending was.. um.. different. Might go for the dlc. Only had two glitches, although they were fairly terminal. On my way to one of the harlequins on an assassination mission in Venice, the sound suddenly stopped and then the game froze up - I needed to reset the PS3. Then somewhere near the beginning of the game I was hanging from a wall and couldn't move, the only resolution was to quit to the main menu. Apart from that, what an amazing game. Did the u-play tomb, too. There's still some achievements but meh, got most of them on the way.

8. ModaRobby

ModaRobby What's a Dremel?

Well.....

I think I'll just leave it up to Razor1911 and Reloaded from TPB to crack this for us. I'll put my bet that before summer, the internet DRM crap will be right out the window, they find a way to get around it. Just like every other game.

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

The irony is that if people like that didn't crack games there wouldn't be any need for all this god awful DRM that ruins the games for paying customers like me.

10. ModaRobby

ModaRobby What's a Dremel?

Touche' That does make sense. Cheap people like me piss off the rest of the gaming industry from the FBI to the customers. :sigh:

But then again. You could always crack it after buying it which I think to be morally correct.

11. pimonserry

+1. Though 'morally correct' doesn't really seem like quite the right phrase to use.

I've pre-ordered it, but if the cracks don't stop any DLC or anything from installing, then hell yeah I'm cracking that. I shouldn't need a 24/7 connection to Ubisoft :grr:

12. dinjo_jo

dinjo_jo What's a Dremel?

How would the DLC in PC be located would they have to be played separately or they would be in continuity in the game as these were missing parts ?

13. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Play.com have this for release on the 5/3/10 which is next Friday.

[​IMG]

I'm always connected to the internet anyway when i'm playing, but like others i don't really like the idea of 'having' to be connected to the internet or you can't play.

14. Hex

I'd assume they won't be missing and you'll just play through them normally, or they could be played later on I suppose if Rebecca says they're damaged at first and then says she's got them working.

The 2nd DLC has to be the most frustrating thing I've played in ages. The camera is terrible and twice the other night it had me fighting large groups of guards from inside(!) a wall where I could only see gray blocks :( Then there are some of the missions that are just so ridiculously hard! There's a lot of "Assassinate target without being detected" and then you see about 500 (OK, not that many) guards stationed all around them. GAH! Only have 2 left though. The priest on his perch and the bloke in a boat. I have desynchronized during this DLC more than I did in both main games combined :grr:

15. pimonserry

Mine has just been shipped by Play.com
    Can't wait :thumb:

16. Hex

I hope you PC peoples have as much fun with it as we did on the consoles :)

I'm assuming the games will be similar enough for both PCs and console users to be on the web battles thing? If so I'm HexyWoo, feel free to challenge me!

17. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Damn steam not released till 16/3/10

18. pimonserry

16/3? Ouch. Play.com said it would be 10/3, but must have felt generous ;)

19. dinjo_jo

dinjo_jo What's a Dremel?

Ubisoft DRM thrashed both games Silent Hunter 5 and AC II using the new DRM has been cracked

20. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I was reading on the steam forum for assassin's creed ll that it will now NOT be going on sale on steam in the UK .
    Any one know if this is true or just BS.