1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics The last of the GTX 275's ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gulliver, 21 Feb 2010.

1. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

*cough*fanboy*cough*

2. MrGumby

MrGumby CPC 464 User

TBH 10 years warranty is pointless for most gamers. Or else id still have my Geforce 3 Ti200 :D

I think 3years is a nice sweet spot.

3. bagman

bagman Minimodder

not for me because i will just put my old card in a different system for folding or serve for my family and when it breaks a new card which is better usualy:D

4. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Its not fanboyism, its being a realist. nVidia has made some fantastic products and I've owned lots of their cards, but they have made their mistakes and ATi are exploiting them, plain and simple. I don't need to apologise for saying that ATi are currently on top. Who knows what Fermi will bring however.

5. MrGumby

MrGumby CPC 464 User

Yeh the GT200 werent bad performers but that design was at its limits. Probably with Fermi could end up being a too complicated and therefore cost Nvidia too much to produce. Atis strategy of simple design and lowering power requirements, that it started to impliment in its 3 series was a good long term decision. Even tho 3000 series cards were poor.
    Its good for all us performance junkies to have an ever competitive graphics market and maybe this round Ati have finally won. Who knows. Me personally would love Fermi to be great. Then i can pick which company offers the best price/performance ratio.

6. MrGumby

MrGumby CPC 464 User

Unfortunately putting my AGP graphics card in a PCI-E slot would result in a hugh FACEPALM.

Someone post the pic plz :duh:

7. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I'm hoping Fermi is great too. Its good for everyone to have strong competition.

8. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Sorry, your comments just struck me as over the top even though i'm not partial to any brand.

9. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

This is really anoying. I was hoping they would just drop the price down on them, so I could get a second one on the cheap when I upgrade to i5/7. Guess I could just look for a secondhand one in a years time or so.

10. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 20 Aug 2011
  11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It's still quite a price to pay compared to say...a HD5770, and for about 30 quid more you net yourself a shiny new HD5850.

12. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

I have the card linked to above and it's well worth the money and at that price is a great buy, it runs VERY cool due to having dual fans and I've not had any problem with it running anything.

When I bought one it looked "so good" and performed "as good" as it looked and works flawlessly, so I'm not sure what these blatant flaws are that you mention, the card works with ALL games I've played on it, no matter what they are they run perfectly, and how is it a large inefficient design? when it's clearly efficient at keeping the temps down what with the particular card I have having a dual fan setup.

As for it being destroyed by the 5 series hmmmmmmm don't think so until you get to the 5870 arena then maybe just maybe! But who cares Fermi will blow ATI right back out the water.

NVIDIA fanboy, me? Not quite but I've mostly used NVIDIA cards my whole computing life and for me they're far superior to ATI in every way especially in the driver sense.

Oh almost forgot found this earlier Will NVIDIA Announce GeForce GTX 480 'Fermi' Graphics Cards Monday? it might be nothing but it might be something, who knows?

13. MrGumby

MrGumby CPC 464 User

You can pick up a GTX275 from ARIA for £165

14. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Life Warranty: We guarantee this product to work until it's broken.

Last edited: 22 Feb 2010
  15. WTF_Shelley

WTF_Shelley The picture is wheeljack

I would say get a 5850, ive just got one and im highly, highly, highly pleased with the results. The price of 5850 isnt going to drop at all, 1) the 5830 will be out soon and will fill the 190 -> 210 price range and 2) Nividia havent got anything going on for next 3 months.

16. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

If you insist on spending money on a 275 rather than 5850 despite all evidence to the contary that the 5850 is better value for money then you are a blind fanboy plain and simple.

17. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

18. geoboy333

geoboy333 Sometimes I say something bright...

get a 5850, they are more powerful, more power efficient, and £215 a bargain for the performance which rivals the GTX 285 £270.

19. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

Exactly why would I insist on spending money on a 275 when I've already got one? In fact I got one long before the 5850's even came out, and let's face facts here, the NVIDIA drivers are much better than ATI's anyway when push comes to shove, it's not about fanboyism at all.

And do I prefer NVIDIA cards to ATI? Yes I do but am I a fanboy? NO, And that's because I wouldn't care what card I use whether it be NVIDIA or ATI, but right now I prefer NVIDIA and probably will for a long time to come.

20. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

LOL man this thread is getting silly