1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows LOST Season 6

Discussion in 'General' started by AshT, 2 Feb 2010.

?

Will the Lost writers be able to wrap it up properly?

1. No, they'll screw it up and they won't answer half the questions they scattered about

22 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Yes, it'll be great - the questions will be answered because they have had time to do think about it

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Yes it'll be great, but no, the ending will suck / be brilliant in equal measures as it won't answer

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. complover

complover What's a Dremel?

AshT - I'm just reading your post with the spoiler tags and I am gasping to know what is going on! I can't watch the episode until tomorrow - but am doing my best to not roll over your tags.

I've got high hopes that this series will close with nothing important left unexplained. fingers crossed!

2. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Well don't click them just in case it might 'spoil' something, but on the other hand I was just being a bit playful with spoiler tags tbh :) It was the effect watching that episode had on me more than me saying anything intelligent whatsoever! :D

3. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I think you enjoy this show a lot more if you just sit back and enjoy the ride instead of clinging onto what you think Lost should be.

Ambiguity, mystery and great cliffhangers is what has kept Lost interesting for so long when, by all rights, a show like this should of folded quite some time ago. I'm absolutely positive there will be a good resolution in the end, but expecting them to go back and blatantly answer every question makes for poor storytelling and more importantly, is against the spirit of the show.

4. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Finally, somebody gets it.

5. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Just watched E05 and feeling really good about the direction we're going. Wish my weeks were shorter! Some answers, lots of 'ooh' and 'ahh' :D

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'm that one guy who voted full optimism. I believe in Lost :)

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Argh... 720p is taking agges! :\

8. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Wasn't convinced by Ep 5 tbh.
    the bit about clare going crazy seems a bit unnecessary! I also don't understand why Jin decided to not explain why Kate took Aaron. I guess she is crazy after all though...

Does anyone else reckon that the compass thing on the light house sets the bearings that whoever can get to the island with? Although that doesn't fit with the crash I suppose as it suggested everyone had different bearings.

Maybe I should rewatch and would enjoy it more. We'll see.

9. boiled_elephant

I'm not looking at the spoilers. I'm not looking.

10. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Today was the first day I've given in and DL'd the .AVI instead of H.264 - I just couldn't wait half-a-day for it ...

11. Krikkit

Well I've downloaded both, but I want HD goodness... At this rate I'll be able to watch it in HD on Sky rather than the PC...

12. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Except now there's a bloody proper :wallbash:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Never.

Last edited by a moderator: 25 Feb 2010
  13. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I found it to be one of the most straightforward episodes this season.
    Jin changed his mind about what he was saying as he now knew Claire was batshit and wouldn't like to have her hate directed at him or any of his friends, the lighthouse (although a more accurate name would be watchtower) wasn't really for guiding people in but for watching them, that is why they had to go so the doc could understand that.

14. boiled_elephant

15. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

watch the proper over the first - you probably have already but the first has major sync issues in the last 10 mins.

16. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

do what i do with the 720ps and wait til the evening before starting the torrent. enough seeds are on by then that it takes less than half an hour to download, usually. plus you're often spared the frustration of a nuked release :)

17. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Hadn't watched it. It just finished when I posted and then I noticed the proper! It finished sometime overnight, so I'll take a look today. Thanks.

I do usually wait. But work was slack yesterday and I'm dying to watch each one of these.

18. Krikkit

Usually I don't have a problem - I start it in the a.m. and I'm usually watching it with a butty at lunchtime, yesterday it wasn't ready until midnight.

Still not any closer to understanding what the hell is going on here.

19. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Sorry to derail, but they voted The Wire as #1st which is awesome as it's the most ignored TV show ever made but also one of the most important piece of entertainment (including books, music, films) made in the last 50 years.

Truly amazing show and also the only one I've ever been able to re-watch. I'm actually having my third dance with The Wire currently while my girlfriend watches it for the first time and I keep spotting things I never noticed before.

Buy the box set and cherish it.

okenobi likes this.
  20. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

QFT

Twice in one page. Rep for you. The Wire is possibly the best television show ever made.

Tags: