1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470 Release Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ImInTheZoneBaby, 23 Feb 2010.

1. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Good grief

nRollo I am unclear as to whether or not you actually work for Nvidia or are merely associated with them, but I would like to thank you for posting such dissmissive, arrogant and aggressive comments.

You have made my next choice of graphics cards much easier.

2. rollo

rollo Modder

still the topic of fan boys and fan girls

Want to by proof of performance

3. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

Oh god, my old foe (n)Rollo is on these boards again. It seems like its been years since I had him permanently vanquished from XS (oh wait it has been, LOL) and now he comes to another forum to wreak even more havoc...

I'll tell you now ladies and gentlemen, this guy is a paid nvidia fanboy with no grasp on reality. You can listen to what he says or even try to argue with him - but he will troll you until the banhammer drops.

4. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

a professional fanboy. oh dear.

5. nRollo

nRollo NVIDIA Focus Group

Hmm, I post on XS. Just did the other day.

I notice you haven't addressed anything I said, should I take that as meaning you don't have any answers to my points?

6. Snuffles

Snuffles Dreamy Mammoth

Was thinking the same thing while picturing: http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2009/09/30/first-fermi-card-pictured/1 -still cracks me up

BTW - i too owned a Voodoo 2

7. nRollo

You and I have different definitions "dismissive, arrogant, and aggressive". My questions were meant to be matter of fact, not hostile. The only people I can see taking offense are Charlie and his mom. (and I'm not concerned about them)

8. SNiiPE_DoGG

thats cute, so tell me - why is it that you post furiously from 11-28-2007 on XS until 2-09-08 and then you mysteriously stop posting at all until 9-14-2008?

that sounds conspicuously like a 6-month ban to me... and I happen to have been posting against your insane fanboy arguments in the thread you were banned for so I know it happened. Or should I just call up the XS admin I know personally and have him email over your account history?

Listen up guys, do you trust me? a posting and respected member of this community or this 15 some post "nvidia focus group member"? :duh: (rhetorical ;))

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It's currently the only one giving out prices and they aren't exactly surprising so... yes I believe it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it pushed back because they're already months later than planned, what's breaking a date mean anymore?

I agree that Charlie is overeager to slam Nvidia on every point he can find and don't doubt that Fermi will be at least competent, if not competitively priced, but currently he's the one putting out the most information and Nvidia hasn't given much to refute it (their own stacked benchmarks don't count) show a simple bit-tech style bar graph of Fermi vs ATi's coniferous counterpart on 3DMark and I'll believe the claims of Fermi's power.

10. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Now now, both of you (SNiiPE_DoGG & nRollo) calm down... it's JUST a GPU. If it fails or becomes a big success it's just a GPU. No need to create a World War Web Edition.
    Feel free to ignore each other. The community of bit-tech are constituted of smart people, who can take very good decisions, so you don't have to worry about what another person says.

11. numanoid

numanoid Modder

12. SNiiPE_DoGG

not trying to say anything about fermi ;) just nip a problem in the bud

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Both of you (Sniipe and nRollo) stop with the handbaggery. Fanboyism which descends threads like this into flames will not be tolerated.

You have been warned.

14. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

May I just point out that not everyone buys high-end cards? And if nVidia only come out with the 470/480 cards, that means no nVidia DX11 cards for mid/low end? I'd call that a huge loss, since their mid end is a re-re-re-re-rebranded old design, while ATI offer a full range of DX11 compatible and (more importantly) new and power efficient and cool cards! I was under the impression that most of any company's income comes from the mid end.
    I expect to upgrade to a 5770-like (or at most a 5850 ranged) card. nVidia don't seem to plan to offer a card to compete with that!

15. el2k

el2k Modder

I imagine they will as this is clearly something such a big company would think about during first stages of market research etc....

16. nRollo

I'm sure there will be fermi based mid range, but if you need DX11 midrange prior to that I'd get a 5830. It's a little steep for performance, but I'd go with that over a 128 bit memory 5770.

17. theskirrid

theskirrid What's a Dremel?

:sigh: :duh: Well, if you put it like that, the rumour [spelt as god intended] monger.
    At least he's not shaping the industry six months behind the times.

18. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

perhaps charlie should take a leaf out of nvidias book and rebrand his site 'mostlyaccurate.com'?

19. trig

trig god's little mistake

i wonder if there is an ati focus group? seeing how they seem to have their act together a little more than nvidia lately, i would be interested in joining.

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

+1 fellow Brit

No bloody way! As is proven in reviews, the 5830 is priced far too high. It'd be worth considering two 5750s in crossfire for that kind of money.