1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Pyramid

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Gup, 3 Sep 2007.

1. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

One of the most amazing builds I've ever seen :jawdrop:

2. Gup

Gup What's a Dremel?

Tnx!! @coolamasta,jrs77

Wow!! thats impressive for such a short time. Well don't mind to much about viewcounts. They don't say anything. YouTube tells me the vid has been viewed about 500 times, which is completely bullocks. (only from here and other sites it should be well over 2000 and thats a low estimate).
    And for viewcounts, if anyone cares, their goal should be to beat G69T (2 million + i think)......:D:D:D
    Appreciation counts for me much higher (like you did).....:D:D:D

3. bagman

bagman Minimodder

that is just so awesome and i love the lighting effect

4. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Congratz on the Gizmodo article..

Gizmodo

5. Gup

Gup What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 18 Sep 2009
  6. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

We're expecting a little something in print soon Mr Gup. It'll be in the post as soon as we get it! I think you'll like it!

:D

7. perkins teh modder

perkins teh modder What's a Dremel?

the Stargate media player skin is a genius idea! mad respect Guppy ;)

8. Gup

Gup What's a Dremel?

Anthony, that would be great!!:D:D

Tnx!!

9. Gup

Gup What's a Dremel?

For anyone interested. The Pyramid is featured in Custom PC issue 74!!....:rock::rock:

10. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

11. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

Hi Gup!.I have been away for to long i see :) ,great to see that your masterpeace is finished.
    I think you did an amazing job and i just love how it turned out,Congratz on geting it on the front page and in the Custom PC to.

Cheers from a very snowy Sweden..

12. jesterod

jesterod What's a Dremel?

you use mediaportal right how do you like it? have you tryed XBMC i love it so simple and works awesome

13. coconutboy

coconutboy Back to the FUBAR

Gup, I've been lurking about Bit-tech for ~7 years or so and have followed the PC mod community since the late 90s. Despite all the fantastic mods I've seen (including the stuff showcased at milliondollarpc), I never felt a reason to register and comment but I just saw your amazing mod and had no choice in the matter.

I used to do car stereo modding professionally as a kid in the late 80s to mid 90s, and over the years I've noticed that the PC mod community has followed almost the exact same incremental path starting w/ simple mods like paint or cutting holes to more sophisticated stuff like custom microcontrollers, lighting and homebrewed LCDs/TVs. One of the later developments in the car stereo scene was motorization of things like amp racks and linear actuators to alter tuned subwoofer enclosures. Over time, many of the innovations pioneered by the car stereo scene made their way into OEM designs from Ford/Toyota/etc just as PC modders started blowholes and now the OEMs do it, too.

I've often wondered when I'd see a PC mod that incorporated a variety of the elements we engaged so many years ago in our cars. Yours is the one and you've done it masterfully sir. The bulletpoint list of:
    • a theme to the entire creation
    • lighting elements
    • custom forming of your enclosure (in car stereo we usually used combinations of wood, bondo, fiberglass/plastics. Very cool to see that you, too, used a hybrid of materials).
    • custom cooling (those fans didn't come stock right? :thumb: )
    • creating your own circuits
    • motorization

are enough to make any automotive entertainment enthusiast proud, but then you go the extra step by doing a bang-up job with your LCD's Stargate UI. INCREDIBLE. I salute you sir!

14. Gup

Gup What's a Dremel?

Hehe...tnx mate!!!.........i have to thank u for it.....:clap:

Tnx TapperSwe!!!...............it's cold here also......:D

I love mediaportal!!!.....it does all i want esp. with all the plugins available.

Tnx very much coconutboy!!.....:thumb:

You sum it up very good. At first it starts out as building a (HT)PC but down the road it gets more then that, and i must agree that with every build i often see the standards are getting higher and higher.
    It's getting more difficult to top the designs that are already made, so i decided to go a different direction and started a new project....................Project HellRaiser: the Atlantean Tetramorph

Hope it's gonna work.....:confused:

Gup

15. BluePlanetMan

BluePlanetMan What's a Dremel?

Wow.. awesome case. Great job. Now... How do I get one?

16. odiliaboeso

odiliaboeso What's a Dremel?

"pyramid is futured on a japanese website. "

The pictures of pyramid is really great its awesome and amazing. Oh, what can i say more. Its perfect.

-----------------
    Jewelry for you

Last edited: 7 Feb 2011
  17. Gup

Gup What's a Dremel?

Henk Hamers alias Gup passed away on 16-2-2011

:sigh:Hello, my name is Pascale Hamers, the wife of Gup alias Henk Hamers. Proud owner of the pyramid.

I'm very sorry to tell you all but Gup alias Henk Hamers died on 16 february 2011 at the age of 44. His creative brain didn't want to give up, but his body decided different. In 2006 he got diagnosed with coloncancer for the first time. After his first operation, chemo and radiation it looked good but in the beginning of 2008 he got the cancer back in the form of rectumcancer. After his second and thirth operation and after two months hospital he heard that they also found cancer in the longs. So it had spread. He had some more chemo and different therapies but nothing seemed to work.

During his illness he was very positive and very hopeful. He wanted to do so many things, create so many beautiful things. He was not ready to leave this world. He searched each day to see what he still was able of doing instead of nagging what he couldn't do anymore. We tried to make the best out of each day, hugged and laughed a lot, talked and created alot to make the last few years worthwile living. In that we succeeded. He was a wonderful man and a wonderful husband. And I miss him very, very much.

One thing he looked forward to every day were the comments here on bit-tech and on YouTube. He loved reading them.
    We build this PC with a lot of love and attention between the chemos and radiation treatments, so therefore it took so long to finisch it. I will keep the pyramid save for him.
    I want to thank everybody for their comments. He really loved it. And Anthony, also many thanks to you, to make it all possible.

Many greetings, Pascale Hamers, wife of Gup alias Henk Hamers

18. wagoo

wagoo ドレメルってなに?

Very sad news, Pascale. I enjoyed seeing this project take shape, and admired the creativeness and inventiveness involved with its formation. R.I.P. Gup.

19. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

R.I.P Gup. A great modder. My deepest condolences go out to all his family and friends.

Mod on, on the flip side dude:thumb:

20. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Very sad indeed. No doubt a great modding mind has been taken away.

My thoughts go to you and yours. R.I.P. Gup.