1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Project] :::Flow::: (SNiiPE's V2110) - 22, August - Video, finishing off :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SNiiPE_DoGG, 14 Apr 2009.

1. Primoz

Primoz What's a Dremel?

MOTY, defintely!

2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Duh!

;)

3. StEm

StEm What's a Dremel?

very nice and clean, tis a beautiful system you have there.

4. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

Thankyou for putting me into the MOTY competition Combatus and my thanks to all of those who vote for my mod :thumb:

5. M.Ø.J

M.Ø.J Getting there!

Damn, this is awsome. I love the desing and the colors choosen for the build !!:jawdrop:

Congratz on the moty entry. :thumb::clap:

6. SNiiPE_DoGG

So I suppose I have to dig this build log up one last time in order to make what (I believe to be) the final announcement concerning FLOW.

Last week I received the wonderful news that FLOW will be featured on the cover of CPU Magazine! Like the honors enjoyed by Bod before me, I will also get a 2 page spread article about the build and I have won the $1,500 prize associated with the mad reader mod selection. :rock::clap::thumb:

Thanks to all of you guys here at bit-tech who have followed and promoted my mod, I hope that I can bring you another of even higher calibre sometime in the next year!:dremel:

7. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

With a $1500 dollar grand prize, I had better see some new rig action.

Congrats, you truly deserve it. I've been going through you log, looking for techniques to appropriate.

8. Xion X2

Xion X2 What's a Dremel?

That's just awesome, Ian. Congratulations. It's well deserved, and wow.. must feel great to not only grace the cover but also to pocket that prize money. :thumb:

You have a bright future ahead, and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

9. aka_gk

aka_gk What's a Dremel?

Sniipe, said this million times but saying it again, your builds are just awesome and you 100% deserve this award :thumb:

10. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I think you have set the bar very high mate, I look forward to seeing whats next.

11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Its quite difficult to say anything about this thats not already been said you have actually made me speechless with the detail in this build

12. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Good job brother!

13. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Awesome man. Congrats! It's been way overdue. :D So does this mean you won the Intel Lanfest series case mod contest overall?

14. SNiiPE_DoGG

I suppose it does, but I havent heard anything specifically about that officially

15. NFC

NFC What's a Dremel?

Dear SNiiPE_DoGG;

I have always been inspired by your work, as your incredible attention to detail and amazing photography have contributed greatly to the idea of PC as art. Boddaker also shares much in this idea with fantastic originality that is executed perfectly. I feel very lucky that I have been able to study both of your amazing works in person at various LAN events these past two years.

However the intention of this note is not praise. I want you to know how much you have failed me in being a role model. You and Boddaker. Your insensitive words (as quoted above) and elitist attitude do not nurture the modding spirit in any newcomers to the art. There were many fantastic modders who competed against you this LANFEST season, and I was beyond honored when two of my PCs made it into the top three against your exquisite machine--Flow. I believe that you definitely deserve the award, and my honor stemmed from being pitted against you.

But to put down the hundreds of hours put in by modders, new ones such as myself, or experienced ones such as Darth Beavis, dismissing them as illegitimate competition or "B.S." is not only unsportsmanlike like, but it taints your name, mods, and lowers your respect from your fans, sponsors, and competitors.

Please try to encourage beauty and talent in others rather than putting it down.

Thank you very much for your time, and congratulations on your win.

--NFC

16. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Woah, I think you misunderstood Snipe's comment there. He was being sarcastic (hence the tongue-out emoticon) and was meant to be nothing more than friendly banter.

And I'm not sure how I failed you as a role model as well, but I shall endeavor to redeem myself in any way possible (short of sexual favors lol).

Cheers!

17. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Oh the drama!

18. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

pmsl ... You failed role model 101 .. sigh... resit in summer.
    Excellent case mod, I've enjoyed reading

19. SNiiPE_DoGG

hmmm, as bod has said above, I was indeed being sarcastic and that comment was more along the lines of supporting a fellow bit-tech'er.

I for one (before seing your site) have never seen either of your computers and furthermore have never really seen any of the other computers I was competing against in the CPU magazine contest. So how could I possibly have been insulting you if I hadn't seen your work?

Ask questions before you make assumptions is usually a good idea and I would recommend that you post your work in more places

Nice systems (the exterior art is wonderful) and a great website to go with your work :)

20. SNiiPE_DoGG