1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Will you buy GTX 480/GTX 470?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Synay, 28 Feb 2010.

?

Will you buy new Nvidia card?

1. GTX 480

14 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. GTX 470

9 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. No

59 vote(s)
    48.8%
  4. Not sure yet

43 vote(s)
    35.5%
  5. GTX 480 SLI (x2 or 3)

8 vote(s)
    6.6%
  6. GTX 470 SLI (x2 or 3)

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Whitesky

Whitesky Minimodder

So, it seems a bit to me that most people not buying the new cards are doing so because they're upset with nVidia? Not like it's a big deal to me, I feel that way a bit with some companies.. I just wonder though how things may change with specs & prices released ;-)

2. evoyear

evoyear What's a Dremel?

ati have a lot advantage atm, so I have no idea until the fermi comes out.

3. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

Nah think I'll wait untill the end of the year.

4. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

5. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

It's a lot of money to get round cannisters on gas masks in Call of Pripyat. I'll get one, but I'll wait until there is a reason to get a DX11 card. There's only so many times you can run the Heaven benchmark before it gets boring.

6. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. What's a Dremel?

I think that speculating about tech we have no info on is a dumb idea, it only has 3 out-comes.

1. People over estemate it and get there hopes up.
    2. People get it spot on and then wonder why the tech isn't better.
    and
    3. People under estemate it and it cast dought for people looking to buy the product and they go and get something else.

Point in fact:
    The iPad (iPod Touch XL) is not the super tablet PC that people wanted with OSX and stuff like that but due to no info on it people made speculations and got there hopes up only to end up with broken dreams.

So it's fine to wander what thies two new video cards might be like but untill we see testing lets not compare them to older Nvidia cards or the curent ATI cards. OK?

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

If it's a reasonable price, I'll buy one. Both do DX11. All I really want is surround gaming (and working) which nVidia can do with 3D Vision Surround and ATi can do with EyeFinity. Thus, either are good as far as I'm concerned.

Only thing that leans me toward a 5870 is the incredible power efficiency - but on that front GF100 actually needs to be available before I know how nVidia stand there.

8. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

definite no. it'll be overpriced, probably. at best, it'll be competitively priced but i can still get better price/performance with lower-end cards, like the 5770 or 5850. both of those are already more than enough performance at the resolutions i game in.

nvidia can only price these huge chips so low. AMD has a lot more room to drop prices and remain profitable.

9. Coltch

Coltch Minimodder

Will need to do a major system overhaul before I get any new card (still on skt939), although I am looking towards the HD5850. My HD4850 still does alright but it's starting to struggle a bit now that I'm @ 1920x1080.

Top end cards are always the same when they launch = overpriced

10. bebby

bebby What's a Dremel?

wait for ps4

As 90% of game sales are for consoles and therefore all games are optimized more for them, I will stick to my 8800gtx until 2012 when the next gen consoles are released with new gpu inside. when I look at history it always has been like this. even crytek acknknowledged that. i rather prefer investment in 3d vision which still runs great with my card.