1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple sues HTC over Android

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Mar 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

Haha Apple is getting scared :)

3. scawp

scawp What's a Dremel?

I hate software patents. I also hate apple and google so i don't really care

4. Autti

Autti What's a Dremel?

It's just business. Wouldn't you attempt to hurt your rivals? There is money to be made.

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Patent trolling!

6. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Ill be naive here and say i don't understand patents at all.
    I don't understamd how you can patent such nonsense,

"unlocking a device by performing gestures on an unlock image," "list scrolling and document translation, scaling, and rotation on a touch-screen display,"

Anyone could have made this?

7. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Some of those patents sound really generic, why are company's allowed to patent so much trivial common sence ? its madness. Apple must be getting a little worried about there inferior products, especially with all the negative comments about the ipad. To me it just looks like they are trying to line there pockets before everyone moves on to better products by other companys.

8. rikkjm

rikkjm What's a Dremel?

Its a pure sign apple and jobs are getting worried htc and google are bringing out more and more powerful phones which do as much and in some cases more then the iphone. apple are just trying to do what microsoft and other companies have been slaped on the wrists for and thats dominate the market. They cant win by using brains so they use lawyers and bring up patents not even seen since the 90s to try stop them. They should let the public decide what they want be in google android or apple iphone you dont see google or htc suing apple no they use brains and tech to bring out a better phone, jobs cant do that cos all he seems to do with the iphone is put in a better processor and stop any third parties creating apps which might make the phone better

9. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

While I think companies should defend their patents, some of those patents are so vague they should never have been granted. I also hate this whole "patent war", personally I think it just stifles development.

10. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

11. giantegg

giantegg What's a Dremel?

'Nough said.
    Jobs is nothing but a scared friggen hypocrit. Apple are such a dirty shameless greedy company. - I hope they fail miserably.

12. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Stop bloody suing each other you bunch of children!
    "unlocking a device by performing gestures on an unlock image," "list scrolling and document translation, scaling, and rotation on a touch-screen display," and "automated response to and sensing of user activity in portable devices."
    What a load of rubbish. Apple would patent talking if they could!

13. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

clealy incorrect,

answering phone the movement is vertical not horizontal and you dont move a graphic

the movement from on window to another does not involve a change of shape

my old ipaq broke the touch screen aspect - one or more fingers! scroll !

the next one refers to an object .. ie stilus...not a finger,,,

my camera is realy slow and bad... but there maybe some merit... though then again sleep mode is not new is it?

my pedomiter got there first...

apple owns the rights to processor deisgn!!!! ARM I hope you're not supplying htc without paying that licence fee

apple owns graphical object orientated programming!!! that covers a heck of a lot of software assistants

apple owns your phone signal

apple owns oop messaging... and most realtime database apps.

apple owns oop

apple owns event managers

etc....

Atari owned side scrolling btw

14. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I should sue apple for their gesture on device with image. I can do that on my 100 year old desk, where I gesture over a carved image that opens a locked drawer. I'm not te creator of that desk but since its 100 years old doing the same method as apple. I would call that opensource.

15. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

+1
    those patents aren't worthy of being patented, rediculous

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Oh p!ss off Apple, and take your overpriced yuppie crap with you...

I hate the way they are so two faced, talking about innovating whilst attempting to stifle everyone they can.

17. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

time to get rid of patents, or give them a very limited timescale, ie no more than 5 years, that would give the original designer time to develope the design, and if they choose not to within that timescale they lose it.

patents belong in the dark ages (400 years of no real innovation, due to church saying science was evil)

18. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

When will Apple get sued for Monoply dealing for their App store and the fact that you can not use third party apps from other stores?.
    I.E. same cases as the Ipod not playing MP3..... It's just a matter of time. Especially with their revers deleting of paid for apps.

19. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

exactly - imagine if MS had done an app store with windows. DOJ and EU would have been all over that.

20. SlickGnome

SlickGnome What's a Dremel?

The patent system is broken, plain and simple. It needs to be completely overhauled and rules created to block these broad generic patents that cover everything under the sun. <sarcasm> I'm going to patent the letter 'E' as used in any form of text or word longer than or equal to 1 character, then sue everyone into oblivion. </sarcasm>

Tags: Add Tags