1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Photos of your computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [KNIGHT], 9 Jan 2010.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Hell's teeth! That GPU looks even bigger than my GTX295, and that's massive!

2. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Here is my gaming build.

- MSI NF980-G65 motherboard
    - AMD Phenom II 955 CPU overclocked to 4Ghz
    - 6GB Crucial Ballistix RAM DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
    - Nvidia GTX 295, 1792Mb graphics card
    - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB for games
    - Corsair H50 CPU watercooler
    - Coolermaster UCP 1100watt PSU
    - Coolermaster HAF 932 tower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

OMG! my eyes are burning! too much lighting!

btw, 6GB? you don't want dual-channel memory?

4. dead beat

Lol, one of the pci slots has a blanking panel with a switch for the cathodes, so they can be turned off.

I put 6GB in it because there was a Crucial Ballistix kit going for £90. I'll probably put another 2GB stick in there soon.

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

1100watt PSU is overkill! :) Nothing wrong with that of course... but that PSU must be bored.

I have the same GPU, way more drives, and and a OCed i7 running off a 850 PSU, and it doesn't even get warm enough to switch its fan on most of the time.

6. Ady6UK

Ady6UK Feck Off

Just over 11.5 inches.:jawdrop: lol. I had to move the hard drives around to fit it (had an 8800 GT before). Three 92mm fans help cool the card. It dropped my load temps by more than a third last summer.

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

4Ghz huh ? So I guess that H50 is efficient

cool ! :)

8. flamin9_t00l

flamin9_t00l 1,000,000,000,000 Bytes Free!

Just fitted arctic cooling accelero XTREME a couple of days ago to my 4870X2. The temps in most games was hitting 90c on the 1st chip as its the furthest away from stock fan. Now the temps are around 40c on both chips at just over half fan speed in Arkham Asylum and max out at 50c during GTA4. Haven't tried Crysis yet.

The difference in noise levels is absolutely fantastic when gaming as the stock cooler used to sound like a small hurricane in the case (had riva tuner set to keep gpu1 temp below 80c).

Here's some updated pics of my gaming PC:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. dead beat

I got the 1100w psu so that I can add extra gpu's drives etc with no worry of having to upgrade. It was only about £150 anyway and I'm happy with it.

With regard to the Corsair H50, I've found it works superbly well in the HAF 932. MY cpu temps have been way lower than the results I was getting with a Titan Fenrir. It didn't take me long at all to hit a stable 4ghz on the 955.

10. flamin9_t00l

flamin9_t00l 1,000,000,000,000 Bytes Free!

Hi, quick question about corsair H50. Once installed is there much maintenance such as refilling and draining etc, if so how often is necessary. Been thinking of getting this sometime if the temps are much better than the fenrir. Thx

11. she'shighvoltage!

she'shighvoltage! What's a Dremel?

No, the H50 is completely self-contained so you don't have to fill, drain or otherwise maintain it.

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With and without flash on a pretty mediocre camera. This is after moving everything into the HAF932.

Here it is when I had the Antec 300:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wow these pictures were quite a while ago, even the HAF picutres..I need to update my desk photos, as it looks nicer, and I've got 2 monitors now! And that was when I had the Sanyo 32" Plasma monitor...now I've got this vveeeery nice Pioneer 42" Plasma...

13. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Subbed to add stuff later.

Also, Ghys, you're in IT and dont back up stuff? I'm not even in IT and I'm anal and OCD about backups... [/hijack]

14. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

[​IMG]
    I was in the middle of buying a new PC, then had some "unforeseen expenditures" and now can't be bothered to continue...

15. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

Where did you get the chair?, it looks comfy as hell! lol

Just out of interest how can anyone run all those components not in a case? Dust is just going to freefall onto all the components (probably with a parachute sometimes!) and cause all sorts of problems wouldn't it? And what if you have a can and it accidentally gets knocked over! The word that springs to mind is f*cked! :eyebrow: :rock:

16. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

17. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Latest pics of mine , i've moved into a cm690v2..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next upgrade is going to be a quality modular psu..... probaly corsair 850w

18. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Problem is the case I want/need to stick it all in isnt cheap so thats why its sat on my work bench. Its not like its in some pretty office and it looks out of place lol

Dust isnt a problem at all.

Its on a seperate table away from my screen so really isnt going to get damaged.

Plus it looks geeky :)

19. cybergenics

cybergenics What's a Dremel?

Two of our systems (mine and my sons), have another (i7) but its kind of in bits at the moment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apologies for image quality, budding amateur photographer took them (my son). I took the ones of the ram, Zalman and SSD though, excuse the dust.

First system is EVGA X58 LE with a D0 920 @ 4328, Corsair H50, push pull (outwards) with AS compound, 6GB of Patriot DDR3 1600, Patriot Torqx 128GB SSD, Seagate 1GB, Asus Matrix GTX285 OC'd and OV'd, Asus Xonar D2, Corsair TX 750, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, case is a HAF 922. The bottom fan filter is off a CM690. Monitor is a Dell 2709W rev 4.

The other system is my sons it is a Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H with a Phenom X3 @ 3.42. 4GB of G-Skill Ripjaws ram, Freezer Pro with AS, Antec Truepower 650W PSU, ATi HD4370 512mb DDR5, Nexus fans. The case is a P182, whoever claimed these were quiet and cooled well was smoking crack, possibly the crappest case I ever bought, tried every combination of fans, fan speed etc and its still noisy and makes any components in it run hot, mainly because its had no side ventilation...that same GPU ran 6 degrees cooler on idle in my old CM690 and 11 degrees cooler under load. The front grilles and filters totally block the fan drawing any decent amount of air in also.

Monitor is an HP 24", glossy, he was playing Spore Galactic adventures on it at the time.[​IMG]

Last edited: 12 Mar 2010
  20. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

This was CPC's recommended mid range gaming PC for a while.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have G15 keyboard now. :)