1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows W7 Full Student version...nightmare.

Discussion in 'Software' started by aLtikal, 10 Mar 2010.

1. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

Hey BIT.

I Need to get a full STUDENT PRICED version of Win7 (Home premium or Proff) and NOT an upgrade edition.

Unfortunatly ive already used my MSDNAA license and it wont give me another one (worth contacting them saying another license or will they tell me to do one? - anybody had experience with this before?)

Where the devil is a place where i can get a full version, ive googled my eyes out and can only find "Upgrade editions!" :wallbash:

Hoping a legend here can give us a pointer!

regards!

2. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

The offer ended a few months ago as I tried to grab one recently for a friend.

I realise you say you're not looking for an upgrade version but are you aware these are fine if you want to do a clean install just as a full version can?

3. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

Even if you have no previous version of Windows or any OS at all?

4. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

That's right ye, that's what I did anyway. There's a good few guides online if you just google around all you really need is the student upgrade file, a blank DVD and a bit of know how.

5. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

You can re-use your MSDNAA serial number multiple times, at least if I read the FAQ correctly.

6. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Just ask them. I got a second key from my MSDNAA admin just by saying that I needed it for a second PC that I have.

Also, the upgrade gives the option for a full install (it is labeled as custom) so you can just the same disc.

7. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Care to share how via PM? :rock:

It's funny cause I'm a student in Hong Kong and they don't have student deals for Microsoft. God that company's good at making money off poor students...

8. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

9. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

altohugh MS has stopped the student deal its partners have not.

you can still pick up Win7 pro for around £35-£45

www.software4students.co.uk is one of them

10. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

Only the upgrade versions though.

11. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

wish i was in MSDNAA. im taking Computer Systems Technology and we dont even get the MSDNAA. for programming we just the stupid 'Express' version of VB too. not even full version even we can get it free.

12. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

The Win7 Pro upgrade edition does a fresh install as you cannot upgrade from previous version of windows. The home edition will do an upgrade but i purchased the pro upgrade student deal and have done several fresh installs with it. There are various forums around the internet detailing everything i have mentioned. Also windows have a chart somewhere that shows what version can upgrade and which one require a fresh install, even if you have purchased an upgrade edition. Hope that makes sense.

From the link above: upgrade chart

So unless you have vista business, your upgrade will perform a fresh install!

Last edited: 12 Mar 2010
  13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

http://community.winsupersite.com/b...-windows-7-with-upgrade-media-the-answer.aspx