1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows LOST Season 6

Discussion in 'General' started by AshT, 2 Feb 2010.

?

Will the Lost writers be able to wrap it up properly?

1. No, they'll screw it up and they won't answer half the questions they scattered about

22 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Yes, it'll be great - the questions will be answered because they have had time to do think about it

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Yes it'll be great, but no, the ending will suck / be brilliant in equal measures as it won't answer

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Holy..... :rock:

Superb ep. Best of the season. Very real, very grounded and a beautiful setup for moving to the next step of the larger arc.

Michael Emerson is a legend. I have to say his character reminds me a lot of Arvin Sloane from Alias, but then I don't suppose many of you will have seen that. JJ has a way with characters.

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I didn't think the end was that good tbh, I just feel like we're carrying on tumbling down the rabbit-hole.

If there was a one-time award for most convoluted plot, Lost would win it without a moment's hesitation. I've been having a rewatch this past week or so, and the sheer number plot strands is mindboggling.

Having said that the rest of the ep was pretty damn good, as far as the rest has been. :)

3. RTT

RTT #parp

boring episode. it's fairly clear to me that this season (being the final one) is not going to wrap a single story line up. i hope i am wrong

4. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Been an eon since I watched Alias and I think I only did season 1 and 2. I sort of see what you mean, emerson being a far better actor though.

RTT, I think it's got to the stage where the writers are going to hint at answers and you just have to make the connections yourself. Seriously, if they did black and white answer most things, that would totally spoil the fun! :baby:

5. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Would everybody chill the **** out about answers! Enjoy the show for what it is. Jack's journey is really interesting and I've gone through periods of being fed up with him and prefering Locke over the seasons, but to quote Morpheus, "He is beginning to believe". That's exciting!

I don't think Emerson is a far better actor than Ron Rifkin. You just don't really see the depth of Sloane until the latter half of the season. He is much like Linus and their ambiguity and sacrifices are both fascinating.

6. Krikkit

But the show is just a tangled train-wreck of questions and mangled plotlines. We want some answers to get it straight in our heads, to unlock the joy. :)

7. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

I disagree. The show is about the journey of several individuals and the reasons for that journey. Whilst we may not yet know the reasons, we are still watching them change and grow throughout that journey. The joy is in the journey. When the finale comes, there will not be joy, there will be merely THE END. We will then have to move on to other things in life (or perhaps other shows like Fringe).

In a lot of areas of life, answers aren't nearly as important as questions and JJ, Damon and Carlton know this. They have recovered from a mediocre mid-section and the writers strike to deliver a show well worth watching. I will be sad to see it go. It's truly unique.

julianmartin likes this.
  8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Remember to keep using <spoiler> tags liberally, I haven't started the new series yet :D

True, I should, but essays come first.

9. julianmartin

If that isn't a rep worthy post then I don't know what is.

In other words....+rep...!

10. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Sorry, I didn't think I'd spoiled anything in any of my posts. But hurry up!! :thumb:

Thanks Julian :)

11. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

232 b/s ... correct BYTES per sec ... fluctuating ... nightmare!

Ooh 1.3 kb/s ... damn it's going to be a long day ...

12. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Slightly off-topic. Has anyone else had problems with IMMERSE rips? I've had several problem eps of what appears to be an exclusive Fox problem (Fringe, Dollhouse, House). I shudder when I see their name on anything now. I get no video and MPC reports 5hrs running time. Just me?

13. julianmartin

The only IMMERSE rips I've had are HD (x264 container) and they seem to be OK through VLC.

If there was a problem across the board with their rips I suspect nuking would be commonplace.

Todays Lost was....not so fun imo.

14. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

IMMERSE follow the scene rules for x264 like everyone else so if your having an issue it's with the codecs on your end.

And I thoroughly enjoyed this weeks Lost but next weeks is going to be a big one, we get to find out all about Richard Alpert.

15. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I only get 720p mkvs. I suppose I'll install VLC. Shouldn't make any difference though and I need MPC to run 720p on my GPU. It's just bloody annoying. Still waiting for Lost. Could be a while......

16. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

So why is it only them? Gay.

17. julianmartin

They might have something strange in their containers I guess....

18. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Right, installed CCCP and used Windows Media Player and can now watch IMMERSE rips. Downright bizarre I tell you. Absolutely everything else was fine without, but hey.

Just watched the ep. Not as good as last week. Still entertaining, but I felt the pace of the overall arc a little lacking and I prefer it when they keep everybody in the ep. This bit of switching between crowds got tiresome before in season 5, but I suppose logistically it's just difficult.

Big plus though is the ambiguity factor. As I raved about Emerson last week, it's great to still be undecided on a couple of major characters, as to what their intentions/motivations are and how they relate to the island. I think that's a major series hook and we got a little more of that this week. Go team.

19. julianmartin

the claire + locke but not locke relationship really is fascinating now i think about it. even though i always despised claire as a character and was SO glad when she went missing

20. Krikkit

MPC-HC Cheesecake. :D

I was loving Locke's manboobies in this ep, epic.

Tags: