1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Epic PC X Series 20.10.2010 Its over, finished, complete. Come one come all :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Djayness, 1 Feb 2010.

1. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Cheers mate, I will have to keep that in mind.

2. LooZypher

LooZypher Huh!? What!?

You've go my vote :thumb::rock:

3. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

No problems!

Thanks mate!

I've got an update in the works after tomorrow!

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Lookin' pretty sweet!:D

The $60 'o barbs doesn't look right. You have all those clean loops of hose, then a mass of plumbing on one bit.

5. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

Nice work!

6. Zds

Zds What's a Dremel?

That's correct. Water has very high heat capacity, so it's very hard to get even 0.1C difference in water temp in one cycle (provided your pump is up to the task). This means all the water in the system that's circulating (and not stuck to laminar flow etc) is practically of same temperature.

And very nice acrylic work, I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

The math behind the claims in the first paragraph:

Lets assume we have 0.5l of water (500 grams) in the loop, and have average heat load of 300W. Liquid water has specific heat capacity of 4.1855J/g/K, so to heat 500 grams of water one degree Kelvin (or Celsius) you need to throw in 2093 joules of energy, which in turn is 6.9 seconds with 300W load (1J = 1W*s). Most PC water cooling systems rotate their liquid a lot faster.

Water has enough heat capacity to cool large internal combustion engines. Anything a PC can throw at it is peanuts.

7. LooZypher

LooZypher Huh!? What!?

Can't wait :dremel:

8. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Its ALMOST...HERE!

9. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

you still didnt answer my question in #200 :p

10. Shazbom

Shazbom What's a Dremel?

Nice built going on mate.

Just wanna say you shouldnt use soo much 90 degrees on the mobo.
    [​IMG]

Why dont you just use some tygon tubes on the mosfits to the north bridge?
    i'm sure it will look better then the 90 degrees barbs you using.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

+ i've fliped my hdds other way round in my lian li case and have done the same (sleeved black all the cables and make a molex like yours for all the hdds) some cables are better hidden =)

11. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

The end of the pins with the heatshrink around it only just fits through the holes, the sleeving is much thinner though.

12. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

13. drbo

drbo What's a Dremel?

Absolutely excellent work, but I agree about to many 90 degree niples, I prefer bendt tubes instead

And I am also totally jealous on your CNC. And by the way, do you have a link to your CNC or is it home buildt?

Keep up the good work, Ill be watching

drbo :cooldude:

14. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

It's in his youtube links.

15. drbo

drbo What's a Dremel?

Ill see that now, a link to the manufacturer would still be nice ...

16. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

I can organise one for you if you like, PM me if you want contact to the person who sold me mine. They also don't like you publicly announcing the prices for their CNC's but yeah, PM me and I can tell you that aswell :p

17. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

do they have a website?

18. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Yeah, its in Chinese though :p

Update!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lamptron came through with ALOT of goodies for the mod.

Be sure to check out the product section of their website for more information on the items shown here http://www.lamptron.com/products/

[​IMG]
    Fan filters, fan controllers, CCFL's and even an aluminium converter for up to four lights. A huge thank you to Lamptron for supplying all of this!

[​IMG]
    This thing is awesome, I haven't fired it up yet because my computer sprung a leak on the mosfet and I had to take everything out. but when I do get around to firing it up, there will be pictures, lots of them.

[​IMG]
    Normal CCFL converters look really bland. I am sure we have all encountered the little blue boxes of cable management hell and I am glad that Lamptron have come up with an alternative. This CCFL converter comes with 4 CCFL ports, more than enough to light up a few cases.

[​IMG]
    I will post more pics of this thing lit up when I get my computer leak free.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I cant think of another fan controller that looks better than this thing. Quality bit of kit.

It has jumper switches for the separate colours red, green and blue. You can have any colours of the rainbow and changing the LED is as easy as removing a jumper. They also went a fair way to provide temperature probes for each channel. I did test the fans on the actual unit and you can even power them down to 0 volts. The reader lets you know what voltage and RPM each fan is operating at which is nice to know because the figures fluctuate quite a bit with each fan.

[​IMG]
    Dust proof! I've seen some horror stories involving dust and radiators over the years, fan filters are a great investment!

Once again, a huge thank you to Lamptron for sponsoring this mod!
    [​IMG]

Update on the mod: I will be sealing up the mosfet soon and testing for leaks for another two days before continuing on the install, more progress soon!

Last edited: 15 Mar 2010
  19. Zds

Zds What's a Dremel?

Aluminum inverter sounds very good.. the cheap plastic ones are sometimes a fire hazard, and it's hard to tell which are and which are not.

20. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Congratz on the goodies, one thing I really like is that inverter, much better then those little plastic boxes IMO.