1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Ah, rental cars. Borrow them for a week and drive them like Ari Vatanen. That looks pretty hideous though.

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I don't think hideous covers it...

3. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Fixed :thumb:

It does look a bit Tonka toy, that's for sure. We have a similar affliction in Europe called 'concept arches,' where the car is styled for grotesquely outsized wheel sizes - think 19-20", even on sports cars - and when you put normal wheels on it they look like casters. Since that's a rental it's on lowest-bidder tyres (all mismatched and at different pressures and treadwear, if it's a real rental) and that means tiny wheels and that just looks awful...

I prefer the SSR, of the two. I suppose if you get paid to work on something as inherently awesome as a gigantic flying supercomputer every day, there's gotta be a downside somewhere...

4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Brand new and every piece on it is as delivered to anyone buying one off the Chevy showroom.

When you are 1024 years old and 60 miles from home working 7 hours a day 10 days a week, you really need a chick magnet? I put 40 miles on the last red one in two weeks and 30 on this one since last Sunday.

I can drive any of them that National offers except it has to be 'midsize or above' No tiny ones. Boeing's trip planner doesn't even show little ones. Image and safety I think.

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

No video I'm afraid. It was completely spontaneous, and catastrophic. Big end bearing failed, and began a heavy knocking noise, and severe loss of power. I was almost home, so I pressed on regardless (roads were almost empty). 1 mile later, a second bang announced that the con rod had let go. The crank case didn't get broken, but a core plug has popped out, and there's oil sprayed all over the bulkhead.

It's now sitting outside waiting to be taken away and recycled.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

As if anyone under thirty knows Ari Vatanen :D (I get very weird looks for replying to "faster faster" with "do I look like Ari Vatanen?)

So for all the 25 year olds out there:

Ah, rental cars. Borrow them for a week and drive them like Colin McRae.

For all the under 20 ones....you don't know the concept of rally's anyway, it's a playstation thing, yeah, right :eyebrow:

Landy_Ed likes this.
  7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I picked up the Scoob on Friday and then thing is simply awesome! :jawdrop: The power is amazing, the grip and turn in phenomenal but best of all is the noise it makes. Oh the joy of listening to the boxer engine burbling away, the whine of the turbine spooling up followed the by the roar of then engine when it hits the power band. :rock: As soon as you turn the key in the ignition your face goes from :) to :D

8. Xir

Xir Modder

You sir, have a bar counter on your rear lid...
    On saturdaynights, drunk people will come and place their beers on it.

Naaah, congrats, rally cars (and only rally cars) are allowed to sport them! :D

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

ahh you lucky SOB

enjoy it

I know i would

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I came! No seriosuly, that's beautiful. A local guy who Dad taught in college has one of those tuned up to the teeth, same colour, same rims and same spoiler. You can hear him coming a mile away and when he does, you only see him for a few seconds :hehe: He passed me on the motorway in it one night. I couldn't believe how quick it was. Apparently he spent about half the cars actual value again on the engine and suspension.

11. wst

wst Minimodder

I'm 17 (18 in April.) Ari was a complete nutter. Along with everyone else who did group B. And I've seen his 205 going up Pikes Peak in Climb Dance too many times to count.

And I /have/ to use that line. 'Do I look like Ari Vatanen?' xD

12. Krikkit

It was a 405 T16, but it was the longer brother of the mental 205 T16. Ah I miss the spaceframe days.

13. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

oh!

That was my dream car for a while (And still is TBH). Especially in that exact color. (I have a thing for bright yellow... :blush: Especially combined with black.)

The only thing yours don't have is the black color between the indicator (Behind the numberplate). It looks a bit more aggressive with the black bit. I'm not sure what cars have it, but I believe it's the US version.

14. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

You owe me a clean pair of pants. :D

Any mods to it?

Also, Boxer engines:rock::rock::rock: > *

15. wst

wst Minimodder

Oh, I thought that was just distortion because of how close to C he was going.

16. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

:D The second pic is awful dark on my work monitor i'll have to brighten it up.

The car has pretty much every Prodrive mod that was available as an optional extra at time of purchase. Prodrive Performance Pack which is a remapped ECU and exhaust system. Prodrive spings, rear diff guard, mud flaps, 18" alloys, chin spoiler, grill and gear knob. It also has a chunky set of Brembo brakes which i don't think come as standard.

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The scooby, while impressive, is still ugly as sin, IMHO.
    Even though it's better than the new Hatchback ones.
    much like my mate's Skyline GTR32.
    Also warmed up to the point where it runs close-on 10 second 1/4miles. Grin-inducing power, but it's just too ugly for me to ever put one in my garage.

18. Krikkit

They are ugly, but it's a kind of practical uglyness imo - take an average looking car and tart it up to make it a swivel-eyed rally car, then put the interior back in and sell it for the road.

Baboon: I thought those big ol' Brembo's came as standard on a PPP? I've seen them on a few scoobs that look similar to yours, with those graphite wheels.

19. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Agreed, Krikkit... it's like my GTR-owning-madman-of-a-friend always says "sure... it's ugly... but find me another 4 door saloon that can keep up"
    As for the Brembos - Pretty much all the (old model... not the new rhinocerus's ugly stepsister) STIs that i've seen around here have big Brembo stoppers on them...

20. Krikkit

GTR's are particularly mental, it's something about them that means tuners flock to them like magpies to shiny.