1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting a PSA video on intersexuality together. Care to help? :)

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Elledan, 17 Mar 2010.

1. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

We've not really been discussing sexuality in this thread so far only really gender. Things get entirely more confusing once sexuality comes into play. What Nexxo was getting round to showing was that it really isn't as simple as the slide you posted (also, is it the photoshop or does she have really weird elbows?) and that it's not even as simple as his final slide because of the variations in intensity of sexuality. Perhaps I should have done psychology rather than engineering? No, wait, what am I thinking, at least engineering has definite answers...

Moriquendi

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Though it is a factor that will always be there, and probably something that will be on a lot of people's minds. It might be helpful to at least point out at some point in the PSA that there is more to it than physical bits n' bobs, and even more to it than psycological gender. I'll dare to say that it was something which came across all of our minds by now: which is she attracted to? Does it have anything to do with her thinking she's female and therefore being attacted to males (as I was assuming) or does it have anything to do with the male aspects of her body? Is her bisexuality a result of her being intersexual? Is her bisexuality a result of her physical condition making her able to trancend binary thoughts of gender? Is that just who she is and it has nothing to do with any of this? All in all it's something that will float around in people's heads even if no one touches on it.

3. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

To be frank, I much prefer the latter :)

That's indeed an insightful comment, and it's something I hope I at least somewhat captured in my latest PSA script. Which at this point still has no chance of getting turned into an actual video :p

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Of course! That is so much more elegant. I'll have to work on that.

The "both" or "none" variable would be covered by mapping equally high numbers on multiple axes or being at 0 respectively.
    It's the Bit-Tech hug. :D

Psychology is just meta-hacking an OS that was randomly bashed out by a million monkeys on typewriters over a few billion years and runs on constantly changing, badly shielded hardware with a lot of legacy design issues. I think. :worried:

I would say that her sexual attraction is the result of all of the above. Who we are is a recursive product of who we are...

But at least this discussion is exploring some good ideas for that --and informing a tiny corner of the geek community. :)

5. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

Well put.

Moriquendi

6. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

That's sig-worthy :D Mind if I steal it? ;)

Yeah, I hope it does some good :)

In other news, I just registered on the DeviantArt forums (my nick here was already taken :( ) and will see whether I can find any nice people there.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

All Bit-Tech forum utterances and the ideas they contain are Open Source. :)

Well, it certainly has got me thinking some more about how to try and explain this complex issue in an understandable and intuitive manner to a general audience (being a psychologist I obsess about such things). Perhaps some of it can be used in your video. We also learn a bit more about intersexuality along the way.

DeviantArt has a massively large community of very skilled artists. One of them must be able to help you out.

8. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

My post on the DeviantArt forums vanished from the first page of the Projects sub forum and I can't seem to view older pages. Didn't get any responses as far as I can tell :(

9. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

I don't really have anything to add. However, I have to commend you for not wanting to change to fit someone else's view of you and for making a video to help other people. That takes balls <-- really bad pun haha, sorry, but it does take a lot of courage.

10. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

Thank you, Rebourne :)

Minor update, I'm having a friend ask some of his contacts at his school whether they may be interested in working on this video. I hope to learn more this week.