1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

It's a combination of factors, really (and they share some of these with Supras)
    - They can be tuned >1000bhp with relative ease
    - They have 4wd, so they can bring power down to the road as if it's going out of fashion.
    - due to 4wd they handle like dreams
    - they're built ROCK SOLID (my mate's '93 GTR-32 has frameless (electric) windows and still original door rubbers... normally that's the first thing that dies when it comes to frameless windows)
    - The engines can handle rather mad boost levels (my mate's pushing 1.4 bar or something like that)

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

The Brembos could be standard, i've never look too closely at STI's before tbh. Its a car we have always wanted but had not looked that closely at because of the running costs. We needed a second car and were looking at either a S3 or Focus ST but the Impreza was significantly cheaper so we went for it instead. By pure luck we called about the car about 30 minutes after it went on the Subaru UK website. The dealer held it for us until we could test drive (the car was 2 hours away) and they had over 50 enquiries in the 4 days between our phone call and the time we drove it.

On the subject of Skylines my mates brother has a particularly mental one. There is a car magazine in the UK called Red Line which does a 'ten of the best' competition every year and he was won it a few times and iirc also has some world records for that class of car.

News paper story.

Ten of the best.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

That's just scary...
    ...And scarily close to this:
    FML - that's really scary...

4. Xir

Xir Modder

ARe those Brembo Blocks the same as on the 406 Coupe and the Coupe Fiat 20VT?

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

They both had a smaller setup than is on the scoob, but similar.

6. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Ahhh scoobies i love them and they're great if you can afford to fix them when they go wrong,

I was at scooby clinic yesterday with a friend, where he discovered that the up pipe had collapsed, luckily the insides fell out in the yard once they got it off and not while we were driving. A few more miles and it would have killed the turbo and the engine!!

While we we there i noticed that they had 2 22b classic imprezas, they are properly awesome!!

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

wow, 2 of them ? They're so rare they must be worth a fortune

8. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Cooper S? If so how do you like it? It was on my "considered" list for a new car at the start of the year to replace the crumpled beer can sitting in my yard, but I decided against it on account of not being able to afford it upfront and the BMW dealership not being anywhere near willing to give me one on credit :miffed:

10. Krikkit

They look pretty sweet, and the original supercharged ones are pretty cool (I have a thing for superchargers over turbos). The only problem is it's a Mini; however technically able they are I can't get past the kitsch styling and girly image.

If it were my choice I'd buy an Alfa 147 GTA, who can ignore a mental V6 in the nose? :p

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Alfa 147 GTA... good call... the new Guillettas (SP?) - the successsor to the 147 look stunning as well.
    ACTUALLY, my current choice in hatchback would be a Alfa MiTo Quadrofolio (again - spelling?). The MiTo alone is murderous fun... i can only image what the hot one does... hmmm.. .Maserati tuned 1.6l turbo over the turbocharged 1.4 litre. 0-100kmh in 6.odd... it's a Golf GTI and Focus ST chasing SMALL hatch with endless grip and alfa flair...

12. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Trust me, it's crap. Nice engine, crap electronics and the gear box will make you sea sick in 20 min.

13. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

How can a gear box make you seasick?

[edit]

...unless you're referring to a automatic version... who would buy a Alfa147 with an automatic gearbox???

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Someone who can't drive a manual. Eeeeewwww >.>

15. Krikkit

16. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

A friend at uni had an Alfa 147. It developed four weird rattling noises in about a week, so he panic-sold it before anything actually went wrong... oh, and sold it for more than he bought it for!

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The 147's (and i have this from a close friend of mien who was an Alfa/Fiat mechanic for ages) all apparently have synchro mesh issues.
    That's what makes the MiTo so awesome... it's got loads of Fiat parts, that are substantially more reliable, apparently.
    This trend should continue with the successor to the 147 as well (Fiat Bravo platform there)
    and look at it...
    [​IMG]

18. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

It's the turbo charged version I went for in the end. To drive, the super charged versions are definitely a bit more fun be seeing as about 60% of my driving is in the city centre, the turbo charged version made much more sense. It's pretty economical if you drive sensibly (struggling to do that very often :p) but just give it a little bit of revs and it can still bring a smile to your face :D

19. Xir

Xir Modder

Shame the MiTo, "Guilietta" and new 159 don't follow the current agressive 159 look.
    The 8C look is just too soft for me.

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

It is a bit of a shame, but i do still have a soft spot for anything alfa-romeo...
    having driven a 147 and a MiTo sport, and presently owning a Fiat Bravo 150 - I reckon i like the group's cars... ;)