1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Steam removes some Ubisoft games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Mar 2010.

1. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

shouldn't it read 'Ubisoft remove games from Steam' because really thats what really happened right?
    Publishers are so horrible, 99% of the time pricing/release date issues etc is due to publishers being assholes
    Metro 2033 UK release was a joke entirely because of THQ who pulled it from the steam store a few weeks before release (yes thats right, the publisher stopped a steamworks game from being sold through steam...) and there were all kinds of shenanigans with release countdowns and unlock times

2. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

this is a bit annoying since intel just started bundling codes for assassins creed 2 with processors. i got mine today, but i have to download it from some weird third party (in 5 seperate files) instead of being able to just register the cd-key in steam and let it do it's stuff.

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Steam is my absolute favourite form of getting my pc games now & has been for a year now. I'd be quite gutted if steam continues to lock out good anticipated games, so far assassins creed 2 & metro 2033 which I would have bought on steam.

But I have to say, I was very disapointed when assassins creed 2 didn't get released on steam for uk, so I bought a promotion code for it elsewhere for £18, so at least I don't have to bother with a dvd, steam said on their forum it was cancelled for uk steamers for business reasons (but did not say why exactly) they even made a sticky on the forum which is no longer there.

The game works perfectly fine, whenever you make a tiny bit of progress it saves your game, this drm isn't bad at all, far better than activation limit drm's the only people this drm is bad for is people on bad internet connections or don't have internet, really the game is fantastic, the drm is no hassle, I got glued to it for an unhealthy 20 hours lol & without problems, brilliant game.

4. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Steam won't let me save games on an other partition. I have filled 50GB partition with steam games and now I find out I can't buy games and save them on a different partition then where steam is installed!! Luckily its not my windows partition.

5. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Backup some of those games into another partition and delete them from that partition.

Tags: Add Tags