1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2010 Thread - Post season washup

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 22 Dec 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I was very impressed with Buttons drive this weekend he drove like the champion he is and I must admit i thought his tire choice was a little bit early but it shows what I know :).

I'm definitely looking forward to this season now as there was alot of excitement this race compared to last one. Lets hope all races are like this now :)

2. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

didn't see it mention but I remember hear that virgin where hoping for a denser fuel to be confirmed which wasn't. Thats why they didn't have a large enough fuel tank.

3. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

Just a quick note.

5 day forcast for Sepang is Rain & Thunder.

Thinkback to last year, race called off after 31 laps (IIRC), with half points.

Not looking as bad as last year, Friday is meant to be a washout, Sunday is Moderate rain and thunder.......

May wall be a spectacle, last year was great until lap 31..........

And.

Who could forget Kimi with his icecream (was it Sepang & and was it icream? my memory sucks)

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That was indeed Sepang, classic moment!

5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

What made it even more amusing iirc was that they were interviewing dominicalli (sp?) at the time and he said he thought there was a chance that they would restart, While the camera was showing kimi in his flip flops with a magnum getting a coke out of the fridge

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Yeah, I remember that. Evidence, if it were needed, that Kimi didn't really have his heart in it last season.

7. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Here's hoping for rain (but not torrential rain)... it makes races so much more interesting. :)

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Just a bit of rain is sure to make a huge difference at Sepang... maybe not as much as last time, though... I don't like seeing the cars swim in water deep enough for Noah to get busy again.
    At least Sepang is an hour later (for those in the Western world), thus places should be open for breakfast. And Easter breakfast... that sounds like a solid plan.

in less spectacular news:
    Alguersuari thanks Schu for epic battle and learning from him
    Brembo says Torque drive, not brake was to blame for Vettel's early retirement.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Seb Vettel Says he's not concerned about reliability going to malaysia. However he admits to the recent banning of sidepod mounted mirrors, effective from the chinese GP onwards is more concerning to him.

Edit:
    Provided this is not an April 1st joke, the teams affected by this would be (quick look through this thread):
    Ferrarri
    Scuderia Toro Rosso
    Force India
    Sauber
    Red Bull Racing

Last edited: 1 Apr 2010
  10. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Red - I have considered this.
    However, It's VERY well played by autosport if it is in fact an april fools.
    There have been complaints by drivers not seeing enough, and it would make safety sense to an extent.
    Also - the way they wove it into the Seb Vettel interview?

There's about a hundred pages reporting this now, so if it is a spoof - it's one that went rather well.

Speaking FOR the fact that it's a joke is the silence about it from PlanetF1

12. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

Moving the mirrors back inboard is definately something that has to be done. It's actually a pretty sad indictment for F1 that it hasn't been done already.

13. alastor

alastor Minimodder

TV times for this weekend - sorry I haven't put them up before now but I'm on holiday.

Friday 2nd April 2010
    Malaysian Grand Prix Free practice 1 – 02:55 – 04:35 (BBC Red Button and online)
    Malaysian Grand Prix Free practice 2 – 06:55 – 08:35 (BBC Red Button and online)

Saturday 3rd April 2010
    Malaysian Grand Prix Free practice 3 – 05:55 – 07:05 (BBC Red Button and online)
    Malaysian Grand Prix Qualifying – 08:00 – 10:30 (BBC1, Red Button and online) (Qualifying starts at 09:00)

Sunday 4th April 2010
    Malaysian Grand Prix – 08:00 – 10:00 BBC1, then 10:00 – 11:00 BBC2. (Also Red Button and online) (Race starts at 09:00)

14. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Ill have to watch it on iplayer or later on sunday, i forgot it was race weekend and im going to santa pod.

15. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

What's this splitting the race up and showin it on 2 channels nonsense? Can't believe i'm having my enjoyment of F1 interrupted because some people want to chant at the magical sky fairy!!! The least the BBC could do is either shift the "religious" tv later or just air the F1 on BBC2 from the start.

16. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

surely F1 is the religious tv :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one staying up for free practise too.

17. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Turns out the mirror placement ruling wasn't an April fool after all :lol:

The ruling was due to come in to effect for the next race in Shanghai but has been pushed back to the first European race at Barcelona; apparently the teams don't have time while they're away. Although they do have time to develop new wings, bargeboards and F-ducts in no time at all...

18. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Both McLarens had mirrors attached to the main body of the car at the last race.

19. Red Eye

Red Eye Minimodder

According to Autoblog, USF1 have official ended their attempted to compete in this years season:

20. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Hmmm An interesting Q1 lets hope to see some more surprises in Q2 and Q3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.