1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Settlers 7

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by culley, 2 Apr 2010.

1. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

OMFG! I bought this game this morning, started the installation at 10am and am only just playing on it now because of the fracking million updates i had to install before i could even play it.

Ubisoft are ridiculous, what the hell do they think this is the sort of thing that makes me want to pirate the game it would of been alot easier.

I hope the games good though lol

Peace.:rock:

2. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

If you pirated it it probably wouldn't be up to date though, would it?

3. eldiablo

eldiablo What's a Dremel?

Thats not the biggest problem. I too bought the game, installed and played it yesterday without problems, coming home from work now wanting to play a bit further.
    But the beautifull drm thats built in gives me the nice message "Server unavailable, try again later"
    There i was, hating drm even before i bought the game but thinking it couldnt be that bad so went ahead and bought it, guess again. What do i care that there is drm in the game, but come on, i cant even play the campaign and this is WITH a working internet connection as said on the box.
    And looking around on the net im not alone.

Heres hoping ubisoft will get their stuff together quickly so i dont have to whine on forums :p

4. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

yep, there is a problem with there servers, i just got this game today and not played it yet :(

5. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Note to self: Don't buy an ubisoft game until current DRM system removed.

6. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

*Hears the sounds of more gamers looking to torrents for their future gaming needs* - Or at the very least the sound of more and more fingers clicking a certain "game fixes" site...

It's unfortunate that companies like this can be so stupid with decision about DRM. Did they ever consider that their servers could become overloaded or how much it would piss players off when the server goes in to a maintenance cycle? Obviously not.

7. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

I too am experiencing "server unavailable" message its ridiculous. I've played the game for about 4 hours yesterday and i unable to play any more.

I was going to buy Assassin Creed 2 yesterday aswell lol i'm sure glad i didn't now.

I think a offline mode patch is inevitable now?

8. eldiablo

eldiablo What's a Dremel?

Im hoping for this kind of patch too, but im not really counting on it. I dont think they'll make one anytime soon since they'll probably dont want to admit that they are wrong. ;)

9. -=ice=-

-=ice=- What's a Dremel?

I've been playing since about 5am, not a single issue :thumb:

The patch only took about 15mins when I installed it last night too.

10. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

I've been playing it pretty much all day without any problems, its not the point though i should be able to play this game anytime i choose.

11. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Is it good? Not played settlers since 2 i think

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

You're most likely totally right about that. This DRM will probably go on as long as Ubi still feels like funding the servers that run it. What might happen, though, is future games will include offline modes, or less DRM. There will be official statements about how the change from previous DRM has nothing to do with its flaws, they'll just say the new DRM is better suited for the nature of the game and they want to provide the best game they can. I'd be willing to bet money on that.

13. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

Yeah its quality, the production chains are amazing and very important you have to keep a close eye on them, its not like other games where you just mine wood, gold, ore/stone you have to produce grain,flour,bread,water,fish,meat and so on.

TBH after the first day of problems i haven't experienced any more, and i was very happy when i re-installed my os and installed the game again the the ubisoft server synced my save games to my computer. Sweet

14. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Another PC game facing a flaming DRM death. Lets mourn the loss and move on. There's plenty more out there.

15. ptb

ptb What's a Dremel?

i heard the graphics are amazing?
    Oh and culley, in most version you had to produce all the other stuff like bread and meat and fish and so on...