1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL The weapons you would use at your last stand against a legion of zombies

Discussion in 'General' started by Sheiken, 6 Apr 2010.

1. Kalcifer

Kalcifer If you want change, start with yourself.

This
    [​IMG]
    and this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

with 2 of these
    [​IMG]
    mounted on this
    [​IMG]
    with one of these attached to the front

Apart from a few machine pistols eg
    [​IMG]
    a hard hitting cannon
    [​IMG]

slung round my back would be
    [​IMG]

and I would be wearing this (to avoid those nasty teeth, from the betraying friend who always hides the fact they have been bitten)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope I didnt over think this :idea:

oh and one of these to carry all the ammo Im gunna burn
    [​IMG]

if I run out of ammo
    left hand
    [​IMG]
    and right hand
    [​IMG]

functional :)

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Oh that's nasty, ok i mentioned someone like, so scratch piss drinking from the criteria!

If there close enough to stab your F**ked!

If they get that close then my personal option would be this,

[​IMG]

Nuclear hand grenades, when you except its over but go down kicking!

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

The rifle on the picture is not an L96, it's a HK SL8.
    So you like to be different, and yet you go and pick the SPAS, the biggest cliché gun ever?

Me, all i need is my AK-63F.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With bayonet mounted (picture is from before i replaced the furniture):
    [​IMG]

That should take care of them if they get too close.

4. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Mwuhahaha!!

This one, and then with pontoons to reach my secret volcano hideout! :D

[​IMG]

5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Seeing as i live in lincolnshire and dont have access to amazing firearms ill try and be a little realistic.

Theres no point having a plan that you cant impliment when the inevitable happens right.

So id be armed with a chainsaw (stihl with a 36" bar) various knives and id be getting about in this
    [​IMG]

Only worry is a diesel supply.

6. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I am very impressed by your choices! At least not Kalcifer, looks like a nice lil' armory :D

But I think I would bring one of these as well:

[​IMG]

7. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

And a zombified Richard Hammond.

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

:D

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

dont worry him and clarkson would be crawling and moaning petrooooooooooooooooool

Where as May would find oz and go down the pub, he is too english to be a zombie! lol!

10. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

There are inherent issues with any weapon set you care to mention, Joe :p

For example: SPAS12 in the UK? Limited to 3 of the 7 shell capacity (Yes, that can be changed, but you need a machine shop and some time, it also adds to the chances that you break something and render the gun useless).

Also, consider that the SPAS12 has a huge number of moving parts, a lot of which are going to be prone to wear and tear - Let's face it, how often are you going to get a chance to strip the SPAS down completely, clean, lubricate, AND replace worn parts? Entering this "final battle" could start badly and degrade faster >.>

Glock, not in the UK my friend! Not unless you have one with a barrel long enough to make it considerably useless as a small weapon, as the law would require you to do - Something I'm not even sure is offered by any Glock retailer outside of the UK, and you don't see small arms retailers inside the UK. You might get lucky if you raided a military/police weapon cache, but that is slightly in the impractical side, as anyone with access is likely to have already cleared anything of use out long before you even get a look in.

The bolt action is feasible, provided you have a firearms license. However, ammunition would still be in short supply unless you had/had access to a hand press to load your own rounds, and even then, would probably be staring at the wrong side of a couple of hundred rounds :p

Zombie Apocalypse: The less moving, easily damaged parts the better. Machetes, metal handled blunt instruments (Spades) that preferably don't fold anywhere, fibre reinforced handles are also an option, though they're more pick-axe area, given the intention for them to last a good few years being slung at concrete.

IMO: Industrial, single or double piece, tools are far superior to guns for the ZA. Harder work to maintain good distance between you and the enemy, but appropriate clothing and sufficient practice drills would be something to keep you occupied during your "Down time", and leading into this hypothetical "final battle" you'd be in a slightly better place to get accurate single hit kills, as oppose to the frantic attempts to reload as the legion amble ever closer ;)

Presumably, too, you're going to be entering this final battle carrying a very limited number of rounds for any one gun. Assuming you're thinking a Glock 17, that's 9.87 ounces for a loaded (17 round) magazine. Physically capable of carrying, say, ten magazines for it. If you have the appropriate holsters to make said magazines useful. At best you'd be looking at a modular system, three or four per leg, one or two on one side of the body. Shotgun shells are considerably harder to carry and make them useful - You need them on the sling, on the gun, or immediately available on your torso - Possible, but their size limits you to, probably, about thirty. Not an inconsiderable number, but you'd need to be a demon on the reload to make it worth while. Then the bolt action, .22 according to Wakipedia, you're limited to where you can carry the rounds for that, too. AFAIK you could get your hands on 10 round mags for that model, but again, needing them available to change mag in a reasonable amount of time - Considering the locations of your other ammunition - doesn't leave much space. Gonna get gnarly quickly :D

Last edited: 6 Apr 2010
  12. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Are we talking classic zombie (slow moving) or 28 days later zombie (fast moving/your ****ed)?

My original post is fine for classic 'mode' but not so great for fast 'mode'.

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That's another aspect to consider - Are we talking Romero ambling zombies, New DoTD, 28 Days/Weeks later etc etc fast zombies, or even the slightly more "realistic" zombie types?

IE: Those that start out immediately after infection capable of moving quickly/inhuman feats of strength and endurance, but degrade rapidly due to; Rotting flesh, damage that will not heal, the relentless nature of a zombie - The end justifies the means, even if that causes loss of limbs?

14. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I would rest comfortable and secure in the knowledge that you all are fighting the zombie apocalypse for me. :D

16. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

Sorry I don't have any pictures available at work, however...Currently I have a Smith and Wesson M&P15T with an EOTech 512 mounted up top, a Streamlight vertical grip with a SureFire 6P LED on the side. I also have a BlackHawk! one point slight attached.

My carry weapon is a Para Ordnance 1911 PXT LTC in .45 ACP. 7+1 capacity with a 4.25" barrel. The single stack magazine makes it a good concealed carry weapon.

However I also have a FN-P in .40 S&W, a S&W Model 66-1 .357 Magnum revolver. AND a Olympic Arms K3B-M4 which has a Fixed A2 carry handle, but I did add a vertical grip on that as well.

For edged weapons, I do have a Colt Pathfinder knife, a CRKT M16ZSF and a S&W Special Tactical.

Thanks to Arizona's wild west attitude, I think I am pretty prepared for the zombie apocolypse.

17. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

id use you as bate, and when it gets nasty shot you in the knee to leave you behind giving me a few minutes to run! lol!

18. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Although the US does have crap cars and beer I still want to move there, just for the guns.

19. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

There is a gun store / range that even does Humvee + minigun adventures. They also sell everything from basic handguns to machine guns and grenade launchers if you have the proper paperwork and enough money. Its amazing. www.sgcusa.com

20. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Assuming that these are DoTD-style zombies, I'd agree with liratheal. Melee weapons would be the way to go. The risk of biting increases, but the longevity of the weapon's usefullness is second to none. In a real infection there will be literally hundreds of thousands to kill, guns would be out of ammo and useless after the initial push towards a safe location most likely. But it's not quite so simple to just say "melee only!" and go with it. Assuming we are talking about classic zombies which require a brain/functional spinal cord to control their bodies yet are otherwise immortal, blades hit a bit of a problem. First problem, they have to be kept sharp to be useful. Carrying around sharpening tools is cumbersome and the sharpening process requires a time of safety. Second, you're basically restricted to the neck only. You can hack limbs to slow them, but for a good kill you'll need to decapitate them since cutting through a skull and destroying the brain isn't exactly easy for a sword/knife/machete/etc, especially when not recently/properly sharpened. Third, if your weapon gets stuck you'll either have to risk pulling it free or abandon it. So I'd stay away from things like katanas or trench knives. Instead, I'd use axes when possible. Capable of most blade work when needed, but also carries enough force to smash skulls/objects. A bit cumbersome due to weight, and any body shots are sure to get it stuck in the zombie's flesh so you'll have to be careful when using, but overall superior. Pick axes are also similar to axes in their usefullness, if possible I would also recommend one. After axes, things like shovels would also be good, not as heavy usually and not as sharp, but still capable of most axe-type feats. Following shovels would be blunt objects such as sledgehammers, crowbars, etc. Less utility due to lack of any blade, and hampers ability to make neck shots since you'll have to rely solely on shattering the neck. Unable to hack off limbs, possibly break them but zombies feel no pain and will still use any limbs left attached, regardless of their state. That said, they have great crowd control abilities and are quite easy for anyone to use.

tl;dr? Fire axe.