1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL The weapons you would use at your last stand against a legion of zombies

Discussion in 'General' started by Sheiken, 6 Apr 2010.

1. dec

dec [blank space]

Who needs weapons? I want superhuman powers. Specially Cole (infamous) and Alex (prototype) put together with a sword and wings. Id be somewhere where theres natural static electricity...desert?...so I can do this.

[​IMG]

Dont even try and tell me thats not the most amazing thing to ever do to a zombie.

And the sexiest sword in history to boot

[​IMG]

2. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

well, if we are going to go with things that do not actually exist(super powers and such) i would just have plasmids. ice them all then either run, or shatter them.

3. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Me and a friend were discussing this in a pub the other day...

The pub we were in is my local and it doubles as a Chinese restaurant. Bar down below, restaurant up high.

The building has two entry points - one door at the front, one out back. The smoking shelter out back has wooden decking for the floor and is built of very sturdy wood (except the roof, which is thick chipboard).

The local area is a village, not a million miles from other towns, but small enough to be safe for the first few days at least.

We are assuming the Zombies are similar to the ones in Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland - you need to be bitten to be infected, and they aren't all that fast. However I think this plan would hold out for a while against 28 days later zombies as well. Also we assume within two months the majority of the zombie population will die of starvation, or be culled by the military.

The plan is, as Zombie Outbreak happens:

Stage 1 : Equipment Grab

- Tools
    - Grease
    - Any non perishable food to hand.
    - Anything that has a solid metal / wooden pole.
    - If possible fill the car with petrol and a few jerry cans, but this is not essential
    - Grab bottled water (always have a few bottles in the fridge from airsofting)
    - Pickup anything that constitutes a weapon. Crowbar is my starting weapon, as is a shovel - right up to the meeting point.
    - Load in car, and pick up 3 others.

Stage 2 : The meetup

If all goes to plan up to this stage, we will have ten people meeting at the pub, three of which have transport. We'll have enough food to hold for two months, as well as a supply of weapons including blunt melee, sharpened melee, Shotguns and Rifles.

Once everyone is inside the first plan is to seal the front door, windows and the back gate. For the time being the back door into the actual building is locked but not sealed using wood from the car, table and chairs. (More on this in stage 3)

Food and drink situation will be assessed and all ballistic weaponry will be loaded (if not already)

Stage 3 : Building the fort

Remember those tools, poles and grease? This is where they come in. First stage is to dismantle the decking from the smoking area, and bring it inside. This also applies to non-essential wood and metal from the inside. Then we lock the doors, and build up fixed barricades behind them from the decking and other assorted materials. Within the decking we drill holes to fit the poles we have, and then grease them.

The poles we brought will all be sharpened, and matched with the corrosponding hole. Should the building layer of defence fall, we will be able to ram the sharpened poles through the holes, and hopefully take a few zombie brains out. This enables us to hit them without wasting valuable bullets, and as it'll be via several inches of wood, they won't be able to hit back.

Mirrors in the bathrooms will be cut down to form periscopes so we can see out the upper windows, and survey the situation from above. Food and drink will be kept upstairs when possible, so in a final resort, we'll be able to survive longer by blocking / disabling the stairs.

Stage 4: Survival

Ten people will allow 24 hour watch around the building. Rota is set as follows:

5 resting / eating
    3 watching from above
    2 watching the lower level.

Food is rationed proportionally - enough to last two months. Things like meat and fish are to be eaten first, as these will perish when the power goes down.

Shooting will be done on a threat basis. If Joe Zombie walking past the building with no interest in it, he will be left as it is a waste of ammunition, and could possibly alert other zombies.

If Joe Zombie takes interest in the building, but does not look to be a threat (like the dog that sniffs your ankles and walks off), he will be left alone. Again this is to conserve ammo.

If Joe Zombie takes interest persistently, and looks to be a threat (attempts to get in / find a opening) he will get shot. Preferably with a .22 as this is virtually silent takedown.

Any shotguns are there for defensive reasons. Shooting them if they approach en masse

Aside from this, survival is about being vigilant. Once everyone is in, we will not take anymore in, regardless of who they are.

Stage 5A: All Clear

Survey the local area. If Z activity has not been seen for a long period of time, after the two month threshold, We take the cars and go to the local stores in search of more food. Attempt to get hold of any emergency services for updates, and act according to the situation (resupply and bunker down for longer ETC) Entry and exit from the stronghold will be via a rope ladder from the top floor. Any parties who have left the safety of the base will be strip searched for bites to ensure no infected are in the building. At this point we attempt to make contact with civilisation.

Stage 5B: Final Stand

If Zombies are attacking for the final battle, .22 ammo will be used from the upper level onto the street. Downstairs the wall of much jabbing will come into play, allowing us to turn zombies who get close enough into swiss cheese.

Should the Zombies breach the defenses, shotguns will be used in bottlenecks withing the building, allowing people to make it to the upper level. At this point we can throw any remaining tables / chairs at any zombie attempting to climb the stairs. Should they enter the inner sanctum, of the restaurent area, melee combat will ensue until the end, using all melee weapons such as crowbars, shovels, sledgehammers and the like.

And that's the latest Zombie plan. Despite a few flaws (Relying on the remoteness of the location to setup defenses before Z strikes ETC), I don't think it's too bad...

Last edited: 9 Apr 2010
  4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

A small castle would be better (moat, bridge, alligators), but that's a well planned plan

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Castle hunting in Scotland? Sign me up we'll be entirely self sufficient!

6. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

There is a castle less than 10 miles away, but it's in the middle of a town - bigger place = more undead to beat through

Also you have to get there - this pub is within a ten minute walk for everyone relevant to the plan, let alone a drive.

Thirdly, most people would flock to a fortified buildings and supermarkets. Fewer people would think of the local pub.

7. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

[​IMG]

If its a One Way to Hell ! I'll Take them all with me MUHAHHA with my Sharps Shiloh 1874 .50 Caliber. I Need a Truck To, not an Europeen Pseudo Truck, a Real Beast like the [​IMG] + a Box of Chateau Margaux 1982 + A Stetson like Garth Brook + a Teamate to reload + a couple of Cohiba

Last edited: 9 Apr 2010
  8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It would be best for the long term, a garden and a few animals for food

or of course a small island far from the gen pop

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Even better, castle hunting in Malta..

No one will ever find us there!

10. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

i feel that i would be relatively safe for a while, i live in a small town, in my small town, i live out in a rural area. my grandpa, who lives about a minute away from my house(if you walk), has an arsenal of guns(hunting rifles, shotguns, plenty of pistols, several revolvers, and a couple of assault rifles) and swords(4 swords) and plenty of ammo for all of it. we also have lots of things that could be used for improvised weapons(pitchforks, shovels, hammers, axes, pipes/bars, plenty of crowbars...you get the idea)

11. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

I'd take Woody Harrelson and Emma Stone.

12. TheBlackSwordsMan

And a Twinky Box ! Not Those Mofo#5%? Sno Balls I Hate those Crapy %&#24r _()*549 %78weq Fu*&562 :miffed:

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

screw woody

I'll take Emma

14. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

If you're lost for ideas for homemade weapons have a look HERE for some inspiration :D

15. TheBlackSwordsMan

16. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

[​IMG]
    mightier than the sword!

I hope every zombie went to school before they died!

Elton likes this.
  17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

MY Trusty Beretta Silver Pidgeon S2.. 30" of 12 Gauge sexyness.

And I dont have to leave the house to get a gun when the zombies come a knocking..

18. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

On the subject of using weapons that are available...
    I'm appalled that you Brits have forgotten the original use for the walking cane. Do you really think Victorian high fashion was because everyone was a gimp back then?:hehe: That cute stick with a brass duck's head on one end is the top of the war hammer's evolutionary ladder. It's perfect for cracking unarmed skulls without tiring you from endless swinging.

As for me... I'll use whatever I have 5000+ rounds of stocked first...

19. TheBlackSwordsMan

A lot of LN2 and a Baseball bat

20. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Originally they were hard wood covers for swords if I remember rightly, which developed on to support wounded soldiers as they stood up (and keep their swords with them after retirement) and ended up in the mainstream (with swords in them), then to normal walking sticks as we know it.

... My gran has one with a sword :)