1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Help me find a case (Lian PC-B25F pics and benchmarks)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [PUNK] crompers, 14 Apr 2010.

1. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Hi all

k i currently have the Gigabyte 3D Aurora which measures 205 x 510 x 430 mm (W x H x D)

i want similar measurements please, as the Aurora fits perfectly into my desk (suspended tower spot) the height in particular cannot be over 515mm. width can expend a fair amount but again the depth needs to be similar.

materials wise i'd like to avoid plastic as far as possible (Fractal R2 is too plasticy to me) would also prefer no door, aluminium if poss, black or nice dark grey, lian li if possible.

£100 but would stretch to £150 for something really special

the coolermaster 690 Pure Black is winning at the moment, although if possible i'd like something less meshy and without blue lights (will change fans anyways) have looked at lots of others that wouldnt fit in my desk.

thanks in advance

Last edited: 16 Apr 2010
  2. bagman

bagman Minimodder

3. shah

shah Minimodder

Lian li B25F is a very good case and build quality is stunning.
    210mm x 495mm x 490mm ( W, H, D). not sure if this will fit into your desk.

4. [PUNK] crompers

will these fit a GTX280?

also i cant find reviews anywhere for them, is thermal performance any good with just two fans and what the vibration resistance is like are the only things that bother me also where the power button usb etc is. I do like the PC-7FNB and the 8NB altough the 8nb has a top mounted psu, not sure which is better

5. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

The PC-B25 is pretty much like the PC-P50, both in design and in performance, although the latter has a somewhat better airflow.

6. [PUNK] crompers

(B25) not sure about the design of that tbh, not too keen on the blue circle, also is it plastic on top? its tempting because the cooling is better

what i have learned: the 7FNB is the newer model of this type, which means it has a 140mm fan at the front, better HDD cage and better toolless solutions all round. so its pretty much perfect to be honest, although the usb and power button are on the top which is slightly annoying, i could probably live with it.

the 8NB however has power buttons and usb on the front but also has a top mounted psu and the older style chassis design.

so..... unless anyone can suggest something that is:

under 515mm high
    has bottom mounted psu
    power and usb on the front
    nice toolless design
    deep enough to fit a GTX280
    around £100

then im probably going to buy the 7FNB :D

Last edited: 14 Apr 2010
  7. [PUNK] crompers

hmm lookin at the b25 now, seems the front panel lights are easy enough to disconnect. its more expensive but does seem to be worth it for extra airflow, space inside. any thoughts?

8. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

What's wrong with the PC-P50? :)

Also, there's a little bit of plastic at the top panel (around the connector/power button area) just like the PC-P50, but the rest is pure shiny delectable aluminium.

9. [PUNK] crompers

yep i had a look at the P50 but its just too meshy and looks like an Antec 900. if i get a Lian Li i want people to KNOW its lian li ;)

im just teetering on the edge of ordering the B25 tbh, still not completely convinced though

10. shah

shah Minimodder

Well I installed my new build in a B25, airflow was impressive. had so many fans pre installed. it is tool less but one draw back is that it is a bit noisy when the fans running. I haven't seen a better build quality from any other manufacturer.
    PC-7FNB looks good and is much cheaper and only lacks the two fans at the top.So its your call.

I have a Fractal R2 now and it is quiet and air flow suits my needs.

11. [PUNK] crompers

how noisy is noisy? could you hear it over a film at normal volume you think?

also i notice lian li sell a lot of extra drive bays so in theory i could get the 7FNB and put a 120mm fan in a coupla 5.25 bays.

by the time ive bought a DVD drive cover and an LEDless fan its £130.00 with p&p, the B25 is just over £150. not sure what to do im going to sleep on it

Last edited: 14 Apr 2010
  12. shah

shah Minimodder

Probably no, and B25 is their quiet case. 7FNB would not be as quiet as B25.

13. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Their real "silent" version of the PC-P50/B25 is the PC-B25S. It's just fugly as hell.

Also, I don't find the P50 to have much in the way of mesh. True, the whole front (more or less) is covered in 5.25 drive bays (there are 9 of them if I recall correctly), which in turn have venting holes, but there's no mesh. Just dust filters.

14. [PUNK] crompers

yeah thats what i mean that look with the whole of the front being grilled doesnt do it for me. i know plenty of people do like it, its just not for me.

im thinking B25 again now, just seems the best solution for the price range. i can unplug the halo thingy

15. [PUNK] crompers

ordered, i'll post pics when its got the rig inside :D

16. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

What did you end up with?

17. shah

shah Minimodder

I hope he is ordering PC-B25S :D

18. [PUNK] crompers

i got the B25 but not the S model

also got C-02B DVD 5.25 cover and Scythe Kaze Q (to keep things looking simple and keep the noise down). im starting to obsess over whether the Kaze will have the right shade of aluminium now, which is probably sad but as you've guessed from the thread im a bit of a perfectionist

edit: its only a day away! just got my tracking email and its defo coming tomorrow :D

19. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Congrats on getting your Lian-Li. Condolences because once you go Lian-Li you can never go back. :)

20. Gulliver

Gulliver Virtutem petamus

As an ex-Leeds lad to another, there's nowt wrong wi' bein' a perfectionist !

It feels odd - my choice followed almost exactly your line of thinking ....
    The B25 is a really neat case - had my new build finished in no time at all - and I'm even getting to like the blue ring.

BTW
    1. If you want to keep dust etc from settling on top of the power switch/USB sockets, the lid of a Ferrero Rocher box (16 chocs - enjoy whilst building) just fits the top recess - its conveniently transparent too.
    2. The supplied buzzer is VERY quiet. Don't be alarmed if you don't hear the POST.