1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows l4d2 the passing out next week...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by erratum1, 17 Apr 2010.

1. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

L4D2 is pretty dead, so its something to get people back and playing...

3. AndyGoldie

AndyGoldie 60Hz for Streets, 144Hz for Sheets

I think most people stuck to L4D1 due to the fact it was just better D:
    Personally I didn't like the L4D2 characters or kind of story it had. Also melle weapons are overpowered.

4. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Completely agree with you mate. The L4D story just made sense and the maps were in traditional horror settings. L4D2 just didn't click with me and the melee weapons made the infected feel not as scary - in L4D when you were mobbed, you were in big trouble!

5. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

The other reason L4D2 is dead is because mos t of the dedicated servers have been screwed for the past week so many people complaining that you choose best dedeciated and you end up on localhost. I'm wondering if its anything to do with the DLC due next week now.

Also has there been any word on the price of the DLC yet?

Last edited: 17 Apr 2010
  6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Wrong. L4D2 has around 3 times the number of players as L4D1:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Free for PC, or 560 M$ points for Xbox.

7. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

I only wish that they would allow teams to match up with 4 randoms, because finding a team scavenge game is downright impossible :(

I find L4D2 generally harder, probably because my friends insist on playing realism, and partly because I'm easily confuddled by the dilemma of running in with melee or staying back with guns.

8. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I think its cool how the l4d1&2 characters meet up in the dlc, and their saying that for example if Ellis takes a shine to Zoey then he will spend the rest of the campaign talking about her.

The dlc coming for l4d1 will be interesting as well, and theirs a comic coming out I think that tells the story.

9. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

anyone heard any more about this is it definately out this weekend?

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its out tonight

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Bagging me this then!!

12. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

It's out!

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

yeah its updating atm for me

14. Matticus

Matticus ...

Yay mine has done. But I still have to finish off some dissertation work for tomorrow and my mates are still waiting for their download :(

15. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Painstakingly slow!

16. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Downloaded, played and... wow. it's a bit crap.

17. Jaguar_Infinity

Jaguar_Infinity Just some guy

seconded. way too short - only 2 complete maps plus a scavange? - and for all this raving about meeting the original L4D guys it was really disapointing to have so little to do with them. I didn't hear any mention of them having a missing friend or anything but stumbled on to 'them' randomly and unless you knew who you were looking for you would have no idea of their relevance. They just were there, kinda like the paratrooper from the Swamp fever campaign.

What was there was good, but over hyped the L4D survivor thing and way too short.

18. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Agreed. I was expecting a lot more interaction between the characters and having them serve more of a purpose, rather than meeting them all at the finale.

First chapter was too short and pretty easy. Second chapter was boring until the underground river/sewer section, then it got pretty intense in the tunnel. Shame that was over too quickly. And I felt that the finale was way too easy. Having the l4d1 characters assist with rifles made things a lot easier than they needed to be, specially when dealing with a tank. I also wish they explained exactly why Bill was dead.

One thing that really excites me is the new game mode, mutations. The first weeks mutation sounds frikkin awesome and I cannot wait to get into a versus game to try it out!

Now I wonder what the DLC for L4D1 will be like, whenever it's released.

19. feedayeen

feedayeen What's a Dremel?

I'm really getting disappointed in the quality of Valve's L4D DLC's. Crash Course was equaly unmemorable. The survival update in L4D1 was fun, but for the most part, their updates have been lacking.

20. Orionche

Orionche Guest

A very mediocre dlc. I know its free and all, but I expected at least a 5 part campaign. Played it with friends and they're also a bit "meh" about the whole thing.

Only technical downside of it, not enough servers were updated so one of us had to host the game with one guy always having a 1500 ping.