1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision: IW offers a great chance for new talent

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Apr 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I'm not so sure about this, all the creative people I know are horrified at the idea of only producing rehashes. Is there really something significantly new to be done with the CoD franchise?
    I would personally prefer to allow IW to work on new IP. Maybe they won't lose all their key staff (too late?) if they were given a little creative freedom.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I'm looking to get into the scene atm but Activisions "business practices" mean I am just wasted talent and expendable.

any with an ounce of sense will steer clear

4. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

After the whole MW2 'console porting'& loss of dedicated servers fiasco etc etc - as much as I loved CoD1/UO/CoD2 & MW1 (been there right from day 1) I have to say that IW no longer has my interests as a gamer.

no doubt they will just get console programmers to fill in the empty positions.

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Actually - it would be a good foothold in the industry.
    Whether it's a move to stay at IW is another question, but given the situation they're in right now, I am sure a lot of creatives looking to break into the scene are gonna give it a shot, even if it's only to stick around for 3 years, then move to a better studio.

6. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty sure this was Activisions doing.

7. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

A great chance...to eat your soul.

8. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

+1

I can imagine people wanting to get into the industry would consider it, even if, as you say it's only for the short term. Some will consider it valuable experience.

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

+1 again. Unfortunately.

Despite the flak Activision are getting/dealing, anyone with Activision on their resume is going to get a look in and that's worth a lot. Just a shame it's a bit like selling your soul to the devil!

10. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

they probably were in on it at the start. or they probably just left IW to do what they want without looking over their shoulders every 5mins because IW is the boss when it comes to CoD games. who knows.

.:Edit:.

DreamTheater F T W

11. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

WANTED: Talented individuals needed to work 70+ hours a week for an appallingly low salary. Will be sacked after game release to avoid any chance of reward for your work.

12. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

Yeah, to be fair they make good games, that the majority of people love. Would be great for the CV, don't know any recent releases that weren't triple A titles.

lol, but on a serious note is that figure of 70+ hours and low salary accurate?

Typo...

13. _Metal_Guitar_

_Metal_Guitar_ What's a Dremel?

Dream Theater? They're gods to me! Petrucci is so fecking good.

14. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Unless the new team gets dedicated servers options for MW2 and a anti-cheat system that actually works, I don't give a pretty damn F about them. MW2 is full of cheaters today and has become unplayable, a joyful game ruined, thank you Activision, IW (dumba** ideia) and VAC anti-cheat system, well done!

Tags: Add Tags