1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs Need a new tv!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xMathiasD, 16 Apr 2010.

1. bestseany

bestseany What's a Dremel?

I am basing my opinion on personal experience. LG and Samsung televisions have never impressed me. They're cheap budget sets, so are good value, but they can't compete in the quality stakes.

I'm not a fan of LED TV's. OLED TV's maybe, but certainly not LED backlit.

Panasonic LCD motion handling is fine, the plasma's do stutter a bit (even the new Neo-PDP's) though, but that is more down the technology of the screen.

2. trig

trig god's little mistake

ot:ninja powers suggest you are either 25 or 26...lol

3. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

Nice try, but a few years too high. And the 6 series isn't that old, looking at cnet it looks like they came out in 2008.

4. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Fair enough then, but as Pana don't like having PCs connected to them and say so in a lot of their manuals, I would probably discount them for the OP's needs.

The more expensive current and previous range of Panas do have decent motion (certainly better than Samsung and Sony), but it's not as good as Phillips, LG, or the top of the range Tosh.

I was trying to help the OP with specific needs. It seems most people just wanna talk in vague brand terms.

At the price point quoted and for a decent 32 and no bigger with those needs in mind, I think a 7000 series LG, or the 9604 from Phillips would probably suit best.

If he was watching nothing but BD and TV I'd recommend a G10 without hesitation.

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

When i asked this question a month ago i got no responses! :(

Anyways, I got a Samsung 450 32" because it was a bargain at £280, howver, a bit of ghosting when gaming. :( not the best TV, but cheap and good value for money! :D

I know that Pioneer have stopped making TVs and all their engineers went to Panasonic, meaning the latest Panasonic sets are real good. I spoke to Tim Smalley (bit-techers will know who he is, he used to be a writer here long ago...) and he said that the very latest Panasonics are some of the best he's seen, and he writes for Expert Reviews now....

Does depend on what you want your TV set for though.

6. xMathiasD

xMathiasD What's a Dremel?

im thinking about going for a sumsung or a sony tv then ^^ 42 or 40.. i dont know yet ! but im going to eat so much cheesecake in front of that tv ! :D