1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSS 1000FPS Crash Report Thread

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 17 Apr 2010.

1. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

It's my understanding that the server is crashing on mapchange. I keep asking MPUK about it but I've had no reply on the matter yet.

If you're on when the server crashes would you please post in here with the date / time / map please.

So for example.

Then I can hit them up with some facts, which might help the problem get fixed.

Thanks, Josh

2. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

My experience of these crashes is that it doesnt seem to be after a certain map or related to player numbers. It happens once or twice a day and the nearest to a pattern is it will happen between 18-30 to 20-00 and/or 23-00 to 01-00. Obviously it is occurring at other times and the times I have noted are quite broad. Its a shame it isnt logged in clanforge everytime but when it is this is the error

23:28:39 clanforge_auto Server is TIMEOUT ( restarting )
    23:27:34 clanforge_auto Server had issues ( TIMEOUT ) for 60 seconds ( Restarted 0 time(s) )
    01:03:05 clanforge_auto Server is TIMEOUT ( restarting )
    01:02:00 clanforge_auto Server had issues ( TIMEOUT ) for 60 seconds ( Restarted 0 time(s) )

These where on the 2nd/3rd of April.

3. Green-Hornet

Green-Hornet I am Green and I Sting

I have noticed it, but never saw any patterns. I will keep a check on them when I can, and post here.

4. Kyser Soze

Kyser Soze played by Kevin Spacey

Is this referring to when the scroll bar on new map load just freezes? By the time I click cancel, steam registers it, and I've clicked into favourites to reconnect, the server is good to go again. Several people were already playing. That's a round trip time of not even a minute. Are these hardware servers? Pretty quick boot up time.

It feels like a catastrophic(*) packet loss just after asset load causing an infinite retry loop for the client side network code. I'd be interested to know if this happens to all multiplayer.co.uk servers, in case it's as simple an overflow in the ios that sits on top of their Cisco/Juniper/whichever router cluster, or its just us. Happened to me on thursday, I think, very late, changing from dust to whichever infinitely better map comes after dust (inferno?)

Cheers,

Kyser Soze.

(*) the server handshakes, the client gets the initial crc, the server begins transmission, the client never gets the rest of the data because the server has seemingly selfbuggered. The wrapper for the io_seek/io_read code has less error checking after the initial handshake succeeds so just sits there like a lemon. The server might even still be running - the crash is on your PC. I'm guessing from a games programmer perspective, not a network expert. My piss poor knowledge may be completely inappropriate to the technology employed by mpuk and valve.

5. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

Off topic but I presume this is why the server was empty on a Sat night.
    A few people came and went. Cave came n conquered with admin bot, Dutch magiced reg away and required bribing to get any back, all standard admin abuse actions we know and love but it really was amazingly quiet. I had to succumb to watching something on telly with the other half!

6. TheDoctor

TheDoctor So what seems to be the problem?

Poor woman is all I can say.... having to put up with you for the evening..... :D

7. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. ;)

8. TheDoctor

TheDoctor So what seems to be the problem?

The sooner I can get back online, the better is all I can say..... means I can hurl abuse at you even more :hehe:

9. C4vey

C4vey What's a Dremel?

Server Crashed
    22nd April, 10:25pm
    22 players
    Changing from train to aztec

Last edited: 22 Apr 2010
  10. C4vey

C4vey What's a Dremel?

25/4, 19:55
    not sure about player numbers. about 15.
    changing from pira to dust

11. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Thanks cavey.

12. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

21:41 changing from Italy, ended up on piranesi, think it should have been port
    bout 15 players

13. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

21:00 changing from nuke
    about 16 players

14. C4vey

C4vey What's a Dremel?

just crashed, 2130, dust2 to piranesi, about 23 players