1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iPhone 4G revealed?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Apr 2010.

1. scawp

scawp What's a Dremel?

Too true, I've never left a phone in a bar, no matter how drunk I am and mine is just a bog standard nokia, how can you forget a secret prototype iphone??? Unless he was especially stupid.

2. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Who cares?

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well, lots of people interested in technology, judging by the number of hits that Gizmodo have got... I think it's also pretty safe to say that Gizmodo would care about getting such a scoop.

And judging by the number of views that the earlier forum thread has, I'd say a lot of people on the B-T forums also care.

4. tribalman

tribalman What's a Dremel?

I think the 4G part if it is not referring to the modeling being 4th generation, but the phone signal. Here in America we are just starting to ramp up in the 4G GSM network. But sadly, whether a phone is on the CDMA or GSM network they are usually just referred as a 3g or 4g phone. It would be nice if they had to specify network.

5. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Hey, maybe he was blacking out, or needed to go and ralph. Apple's letter demanding the handset back is proof enough of this incremental "Improvement".

6. crazyceo

What? about the new expensive shiny thing from Crapple? What a waste of time and money!

7. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

[​IMG]

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

What about the new expensive shiny thing from ATi, Nvidia, AMD, Intel, etc? A good number of this site's members/visitors will probably replace their GPUs and CPUs more often than smartphones these days (with most reasonably-priced mobile contracts now being 2 years) - doesn't that make CPUs & GPUs a waste of time and money also?

9. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Stealing a Phone and dismantling it, of course it wasn't staged :p

10. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Whats the chances it was left on purpose? After all, clever bit of marketing

11. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I just saw that on the news.. apple left that there on purpose- and look at all the fans creating a free buzz!

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Come on! You must know by now that this is a 'Viral' injected by clever Apple marketing goofs.

13. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

+1
    Although I also agree it must be a marketing stunt, I have my doubts it's completely legit

14. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

The new phone gets released roughly 2 months from now and you reckon Apple have revealed their hand now?! lol wtf.

You guys! lol
    Stop it!
    No really. Have a clue?

:eyebrow:

15. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Which they need to do why? A new iPhone model will always generate MASSES of interest around the world on release. Why dilute that with a sneak leak a few months ahead of time? This coverage is detracting from the iPad, which we shouldn't forget is what Apple is pushing hard right now. They'll also lose sales of the 3GS as people sandbag for the 4G. This leak is totally uncharacteristic for Apple, and really isn't good news for them. Either this was a genuine mistake, or a deliberate (but not Apple-sanctioned) leak by an Apple employee. Either way, I'm sure the guy is toast now.

16. crazyceo

Crapple fangirls feeling hurt by comments on a tech site?

Wow, never saw that reaction coming!

17. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Wait wat, the camera is facing a different direction now? This really IS news!

Seriously the only thing thats even worth noting thats changed in an iPhone is 3G capabilities and quite frankly, thats not even that big of a deal. And yet theres how many versions?

18. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

The interesting thing I find here is how could Gizmondo not believe that it was stolen, or obtained by less than legitimate means? Obviously it's hard to prove what they thought, but surely since Apple is so tight lipped about their new products before release Gizmondo would have known that it was dodgy for them to get their hands on this proto-type and then dismantle it.

19. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

Also that should read 'Gizmodo' above. My bad, I have no idea where the 'N' came from.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

"YAH YAH! APPLE FANBOI HAHAHAHA!!!! APPLE IS TEH SUXX0RZ LOL!"

Wow, never saw that reaction coming.

Maybe you might try constructing a reasonable and well considered argument, rather than relying on insults and closed-mindedness? You might find that people start to take you seriously.

I'm really not going to dignify your comments with any other reply.

Tags: Add Tags