1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Email from XFX

Discussion in 'General' started by Teelzebub, 23 Apr 2010.

1. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Received this from XFX today jus wondering if anyone else have?

INSIDE THIS ISSUE |

XFX APPEAL FOR HELP LOCATING CONFIDENTIAL

MATERIALS

Dear XFX Customers,

In light of recent events, we suspect that one of our HD 5970 Black Edition Limited graphics cards may have been compromised. In our current inventory check of this limited run of 1,000 individually serialised pieces, #68 is unaccounted for. We have evidence of a security breach in our facility, thus we believe #68 has been illegally obtained as the product has yet to be released. Please be aware that the person responsible will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If any news can be provided to lead us to the apprehension of a suspect, or if you can provide us with any information, please report it to security@xfxforce.com. XFX will reward any information leading to the return of #68. Please do not attempt to buy, trade, or barter for this unit. We thank you for your cooperation and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
    XFX

This is an XFX Gamertainment Campaign. Please refer here for more information.

Email Admin Center
    You are receiving this email as a subscriber of the XFX newsletter. This newsletter is brought to you by XFX, a brand who produces the worlds most powerful video cards for real gamers.
    You are receiving this email at

Unsubscribe | Update Your Profile | Subscribe | Forward to a Friend

Ensure delivery: Please add newsletter@xfxforce.com to your e-mail address book or safe senders list.

XFX | www.XFXforce.com
    1931 Lynx Place, Ontario, CA, 91761, United States Tel: 800-888-8888

Privacy Policy: We do not share, rent or sell your information.
    © Copyright 2008 - XFXforce - All Rights Reserved - www.XFXforce.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
    Version: 9.0.814 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2830 - Release Date: 04/23/10 07:31:00

2. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

If it's real. Then someones feaces hit the air-circulator.

3. mobius

mobius What's a Dremel?

I received it as well and it was to the email address I used to register with XFX.

4. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

I got it as well - it's viral marketing ;)

5. mobius

mobius What's a Dremel?

Yep, just look at the "gamertainment" link.

6. Teelzebub

Shame I was hoping to buy that one :D

7. wormy

wormy Minimodder

Yep I got that e-mail too. Seems odd to go so public about it.

Sounds like there's a very angry man (or woman) somewhere...

8. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

I assume it releats to this

9. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

yeha i got that. had a bit of a chuckle because i found the 'banned' XFX video on youtube

10. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

XFX clearly have too much time on their hands. :p

11. Teelzebub

12. AuDioFreaK39

AuDioFreaK39 IT Journalist

Actually, Theo Valich from BrightSideofNews is legitimately claiming that this a Grand Theft and not a PR stunt. Long Beach, California law enforcement is going to be receiving a phone call for further investigation purposes.

Terry Makedon (Twitter - April 23, 2010, 7:35am): "Stolen XFX HD 5970 Eyefinity 6 4GB card for sale on eBay! CURRENT BID $5100!!! http://bit.ly/cSuUD7"

Theo Valich (Twitter - April 23, 2010, 7:55am): "According to CA Penal Code, Section 458, this is Grand Theft. Thus, punishment is much more severe."

Terry Makedon (Twitter - April 23, 2010, 8:03am): "RT @theovalich: Is $5100 a record for a gaming GPU Theo?"

Theo Valich (Twitter - April 23, 2010, 8:14am): "@CatalystMaker $5100 would be a record. Especially when it comes bundled with jail sentence and more than double that in penalties."

Theo Valich (Twitter - April 23, 2010, 8:17am): "I have severe doubts considering "stolen" XFX 5970 card, as it is a Grand Theft. Contacting Long Beach Police department to investigate."

Theo Valich (Twitter - April 23, 2010, 8:18am): "@CatalystMaker Terry, if this is a PR stunt, it is liable, no matter how you sugarcoat it. I have to check... and it's two GPUs Terry :p"

Theo Valich (Twitter - April 23, 2010, 8:20am): "@CatalystMaker In any case - a pathetic PR stunt. Still, XFX is getting a call from 5-O, and leave them explaining. Love that PR ;)"

Last edited: 23 Apr 2010
  13. cybergenics

cybergenics What's a Dremel?

Clearly XFX think its a good idea to invest in the same 'oh it got lost/stolen' as Apple do.

Maybe they should sort out their RMA procedure before they waste time on this bollocks.