1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Bit-Tech Digital 3D Render Gallery

Discussion in 'Modding' started by scooby, 6 May 2009.

1. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

Sorry I never got your message, did you PM me? Anyways Id be happy to send the model to you. Shoot me a PM with your e-mail and ill send you the model.

Edit: I sumbited the part to the Sketchup Collection otherwise you can find the file here http://www.filefront.com/16180541/MCR320.SLDPRT/

Last edited: 20 Apr 2010
  2. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Have a look here for a screen shot of my plugin directory :) I think the extrude curved faces tool set and the bezier curves are probably the ones I use the most.

3. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

i've been trying to model something else then computer related stuffs. so i started to model a random retro-futuristic flying car :D

[​IMG]

still wip, have a lot more to do on it.
    i hope you like it :)

4. oliverw92

oliverw92 What's a Dremel?

That looks so cool! Makes me want to get back into Cinema4D

5. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

looks cool dark, makes me think of some new Disney movie like the Incredibles or something :p you should have a go at some architectural designs dude! would be cool to see what your mind comes up with.

6. Dark~3nergy

thanks guys ^^

editor: i work as a draftsman when i'm not studying :worried: but i've never really drawn any house for myself. maybe i should try that

7. Cuzza

Cuzza What's a Dremel?

Thanks mate I will try some of them out.

8. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

So how do I learn to render? My best one so far is twwilight but I can't make materials. Any tips?

9. Dark~3nergy

Read the manual. That's what I did with vray, best way to understand how it works

10. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

I just have the demo and theres no manual on the site just toturials for doing houses and stuff.

11. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

What program? Your best friend here really is google. There'll be entire tutorials (often video ones) for pretty much every aspect of rendering, for almost every rendering program and plugin.

I'd suggest you start by getting familiar with applying materials quickly and efficiently to your models. I'm not sure how it's done in sketchup with KT etc., but in 3ds max, the UVW unwrap modifier is the way to get things done properly. This basically unwraps the 3d object so the material is applied properly to every surface, without distortion etc. Good materials is an important starting point to good renders (once the 3d model is made anyway).

Next, lighting! Probably what I find hardest to get right in 3ds max with mentalray. This can really make or break a render. Tutorials and trial and error is the only way here. Every scene is different, requiring different lighting setups and settings.

Once you've mastered these two, there's very little else to rendering than clicking a button. Depth of field can of course improve the realness, as can some other options, but those are relitively easy to master and apply.

Good luck. Remember, it takes time, so don't expect results like the other guys in this thread straight away. It's all about practice.

12. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Do these :p its the quickest way to master rendering in my opinion. four walls a table with a glass vase and a magazine on it and you have a nice scene to practice texturing and lighting. The key to twilight and other integrated SU renderers is getting the hang of correlating your SU mats with the renderers. I was using twilight for a while but started using Indigo for our new office design. The results are half decent even after a 2 hour render time with no advanced settings.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Apr 2010
  13. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

I had a better result with twilight than indigo. Have a look at my cube design thread I think it has a render in it. I can't get the materials right and it only wants to render in programs for a few minutes and won't let me make it go for longer so it doesn't come out very clear. Any tips?

14. Dark~3nergy

15. Dark~3nergy

also i made this today :)

[​IMG]

16. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Nice Dark. Nice touch with the picture wire clips at the bottom and the slight bezel on the ramp edge.
    You still using 3ds and V-ray?

17. Dark~3nergy

thanks! yes, 3ds+vray. i made the stair in allplan and modified it in 3ds though

18. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

I found the manual after I posted and forgot to edit it. Only problem is I don't have a PDF reader lol.

19. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Foxit reader is small a useful PDF reader.

There is no excuse in not having a PDF reader, hell even adobe acrobat is free!

20. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

I know but ibreinstalled windows and couldn't be bothered finding one.