1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Will Citylink deliver properly? (your experience)

Discussion in 'General' started by joseph2000, 3 May 2010.

1. joseph2000

joseph2000 What's a Dremel?

Hi, guys, I ordered the parts for my first build :D, I'm anxiously waiting for wednesday (cause of bank holiday :( ) when they say it'll be delivered, its been dispatched to some city link depot and they've given me a tracking code. When I google citylink review, the whole page was filled with "disgraceful service, avoid like the plague!" and "they left my parcel on the sidewalk" and "they left a note saying I wasn't in when I was" etc etc.

So I just wanna know, what is your experience with citylink? (I'm sure a lot of you guys use scan? and they use citylink)

2. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

and if you look up reviews for DHL, Fedex, The Home Delivery Network, parcelforce and Royal mail you'll get pages of reviews saying

it all comes down to the local delivery office and the courier. The CityLink blokes up here in fife are actually pretty decent. They leave cards, they never have the mysterious no delivery but tracking website saying you were out type thing, and will try and leave with a neighbour if they can. Compared to the DHL (Drop it, Hit it, Lose it) service I've seen round here it's no competition.
    and compared to royal mail it actually turns up pretty quick as opposed to suddenly finding itself taking another 3 days to cross the forth over a sodding bridge. but other areas will have completely reversed opinions.

julianmartin likes this.
  3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I think everytime I've used citylink, they've delivered on the day they said they would.

I think I had one problem once, when the driver had a lot of deliveries to make, and wasn't able to make mine, so it arrived the next day. Although that may have been DHL, can't remember.

4. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

no-one leaves bitches about the good experiences they have - personally iv had good experiences with citilink, HDN, but DHL really screwed me over one time.

5. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Is it just me that's never had any problems with anything being delivered via courier?

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I've not had any issues with City Link, and used to use them all the time. Now most goods i ship out go with HDN or DHL, but i've used Parcel Force, Interlink and UPS with no issues at all.
    All i would say is be patient, these companies will have a larger backlog than normal thanks to the 2 day break they have just had, but i would have thought it would be cleared by Weds easily.

Sam

7. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Ive never had a problem with couriers either, Now Royal Mail, thats a whole different story!!

8. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

I think in the 25-30 times (in memory) i've had stuff delivered by City Link probably half of those have turned up when it was supposed to.... and even then half of those times it's been late afternoon so i've had to spend all bloody day sitting by the door.

I refuse to use them unless I absolutely, positively have to.

9. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

I sent sumut via HDN and it was 3 days late (or sumut like that)

Citylink have been fine.

10. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Citylink are terrible and I would do my best to avoid using them. I have had several parcels arrive mega late after the drivers lie and say I wasn't in and I had to go to depot to pick things up.

11. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

city link have screwed me over more than once, maybe because i live at the end of a road, at the end of a road in a small town.

My last two deliveries by them they kept on saying they left cards and that i wasn't in, but i had been within sight of my driveway all day. They forced me to drive for an hour and a half to do their job for them which is a bit annoying.

Then like people have said above me all couriers are like that. I have had my brand new HDD's turn up 2 days late and the package looks like a football!!

12. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

Only issue I've had with citylink is they drove over my lawn :confused: but that was only once, they have been decent every other time.

13. joseph2000

joseph2000 What's a Dremel?

i've read reviews tht say the exact same thing... what gain do they get?? , if they come as far as to put a card through your letterbox, why not give you the parcel as well?

14. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

As whisperwolf said, it really comes down to your local depot, but...

My local Citylink is GOD AWFUL. Absolute rotten, scum-of-the-earth *******s. I generally have good experiences with all shipping companies aside from them. Some of their finest moments:
    • Delivering at 7:30am when the earliest is supposed to be 8am (In the shower, so missed delivery)
    • Paid for AM delivery, came at 3pm (Citylink blamed Ebuyer, Ebuyer blamed Citylink)
    • Damaged boxes (didn't sign for it, but replacement took 3 days)

YMMV.

15. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I've never had any problems with Citylink having used them a fair few times.

However Fedex have annoyed me this week. They tried to deliver something on Thursday last week but didnt bother leaving a card. The next day they left a card but now I've had to wait until after the bank holiday weekend to get it redelivered somewhere else. :(

Parcel Force used to be great where I used to live. The delivery bloke would come at 7.30 without fail every time. Never had to take time off to wait for a delivery :thumb:

16. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I just have my parcels delivered to work and just let the ladies on reception know. We've used most UK couriers and the only one I've had a real problem with was DHL. They delivered a netbook to 'a lady in the garden of a house' that had nothing to do with me or my place of work.

Fortunately PC World dispatched another one, but now if a shop only lists DHL as a courier, I go elsewhere.

17. omicron

omicron Baud.

I don't like using citylink, generally.
    Last time I ordered with eBuyer, they shipped with citylink. Unfortunately, ebuyer saw it fit to pack everything I had ordered into one box (we're talking barebones case, monitor, and all components and peripherals) which the citylink driver then rolled—yes, end over end—down the driveway to my door.
    There's also the fact that anything I'm not in to sign for gets sent over to Scunthorpe, which is at least an hour and a half away.

18. October

October Mariachi Style

The one time I used Citylink, they "lost" my package, which both they and Scan informed me of. Scan were then just about to send me a full replacement when it turned up in the system and got delivered. We're talking 3 large boxes, full tracking till it left the depo to come to my house. :duh: Still it got there in the end, only one dinged box.

And generally speaking the local Citylink is pretty good at leaving stuff with neighbours etc, at least some of the time.

19. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

If I have my usual 2 city link drivers then I never have a problem but if they go sick or take a hols then thats when the probs start because I live in a small village with house names and no numbers.

Funny thing is Parcel force drivers have the snese to go on the computer and locate hard to find addresses before delivery and I have never missed one of there deliveries.

20. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

+rep. So true.

I've never had and problems with city link but a friend in a nearby town gets problems all the time.

Parcelforce for me, are dire.