1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Internet Explorer market share plummets

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 May 2010.

1. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or you're really that much of a Microsoft fanboy.

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

He's that much of troll....

[Citation needed]

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Why are you still feeding him?

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Boredom mostly :hehe:

He generally lives in my ignore list but i've been using the front page recently instead of the forums so i've seen the crap he types.

5. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

The UK has consistently made the wrong decisions for well over 100 years, the only two good ones that stand out are electing Churchill and joining the EU (which is still half-arsed with keeping the pound).

I think you are a troll, so I won't say much more, other than be honest with yourself and try FF or one of the others, educate yourself and the choice will be clear, FF and the Euro!

6. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

There's a thread on this on BiT somewhere recent - apparently this and many other sites rely on the advert actually being shown, so if it ain't, the site doesn't get paid. That put BiT and a few others on the whitelist (to which the block ain't applied); indeed, the only people I purposely block are the 'Cheezburger Network' and I'll continue to do so until they stop trying to ruin humour.

Uh;
    1. That percentage is declining; hence the title of this thread's article.
    2. Many, many IE installations are in offices, schools and other places where sysadmins won't let you install your own browsers; there, choice is a bit of a fallacy.

Choice = good. If you've tried the others and prefer IE, more power to you. On the other hand, expect your opinions to be robustly contested by people hiding behind a veil of anonymity on the internet. :thumb:

7. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

@Star*Dagger

I take it you aren't from the UK so you just don't understand the problem between the UK and EU. I'm not going to knock you for that. People in mainland Europe embrace the EU, people in the UK don't and it will be very difficult to get to the same level of respect for it. However, FF is NOT the answer.

@PureSilver

Those figures are upto date and accurate. Take from that what you will.

Yes, that anonymity thing. We all saw what Jay and Silent Bob did at the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back!

8. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Know what?

On all my school's PC's, there is a reason why almost every computer has Firefox Portable, Chrome Portable, Opera Portable, etc splattered all over the desktop, while IE whimpers in a corner.

The sysadmins approve, apparently, since they're not insane, or mentally incapable...

9. Shagbag

Shagbag All glory to the Hypnotoad!

but you're still reluctant to post your 'source'. lol. Talk is cheap. Put up or shut up.

10. deadlyavenger

deadlyavenger What's a Dremel?

I can't say I'm surprised. Developing websites for IE (and yes there are lots of people still using IE6 & 7) is a pain :(

11. badman_mo007

badman_mo007 What's a Dremel?

internet explorer sucks im suprised it took ppl this long for people to realise it. lol

12. Arj12

Arj12 What's a Dremel?

Agreed! I'm surprised not more people are taking up google chrome and using it! It is a brilliant browser if like me you don't really use add ins :D

13. Tasslehoff

Tasslehoff What's a Dremel?

Personally I think Google Chrome is a very good browser
    Extension support
    bookmark syncing within the browser

I only use IE at work now for some IE only applications
    Otherwise its google chrome all the way

14. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Acid3 wiki

Scroll to the bottom...IE does very badly in Acid 3 - Webkit (Safari & Chrome) & Firefox do much better.

15. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

For years I swore by IE but just recently I switched to Chrome and I haven't looked back since. It feels a lot faster than IE and looks a lot smoother.

Tags: Add Tags