1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Avoid Iron Man 2 unless...

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 8 May 2010.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

...your name is Mankz and you're a fan of Scarlett Johansson.

She was stunning but her character was useless and not credible at all, as were other characters in the movie. Everything is over the top, over acted and sometimes just plain cheesy.

RDJ was still awesome as Stark and that's a good thing because otherwise, this would be unwatchable.

With that said;

[​IMG]

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Plz die.

It was wicked fun :D

3. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

I feel you are more likely to be let down if you go into this movie looking for an epic storyline. If you go to watch it expecting kickass action scenes and badass special effects, you will be more satisfied.

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I can't wait to see this movie

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Don't get me wrong. I never expected a chef d'oeuvre but I was still disappointed

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

suit case suit, too epic

but whiplash being rammed with a Roll Royce multiple times without broken legs or even tissue damage! And yet this monster of a Russian dies really easily in the end. Epic fail.

7. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

This. It falls into the same category as transformers in my head, awesome over the top fight scenes that make me feel like I'm 10 again. :rock:

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

It was full of very impressive individual scenes, but the film didn't feel like it had an overall direction or point for me. I can't really remember the story, or who the villain was, or why I was supposed to be interested in him. His dad was screwed over or something and he was mad, and he reverse-engineered some Stark reactor technology and made some bad crap, and he was crazy, kind of.

It failed one important test - the film didn't tell me anything about the main plot that I hadn't learnt from the trailer. Most of the best action scenes were shown in part in the trailer, too. And all the main character arcs were revealed in the trailer. And the plot twists, and the new gimmicks, and the booty shots, and the overall mood and tone. Basically, Iron Man 2 was Iron Man 2 Theatrical Trailer: Extended Edition.

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I choose to take this as a compliment. :thumb:

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Guys remember those spoiler tahs for those who haven't seen it.

I liked the film anyway, thought it was better than the first.

11. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

The thread title scared me going to see it tonight!! Tbh I am going to see the Iron Man suit and Scarlett no more lol

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I think Johansson was a completely pointless character in the film, peddled in for a bit of eyecandy and possible link to a spinoff film series, and IM2 would've been much better without her imo.

It wasn't as good as the first film, but still perfectly watchable and thoroughly entertaining.

13. boiled_elephant

Incidentally, did anybody else think the film was really dark? I don't mean metaphorically, I mean literally BLACK. The last quarter of the film, I couldn't see what was happening - at all. Kind of a downside when you blow your CGI budget on a scene taking place at night :wallbash:

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I thought it looked great, maybe the cinema projector needed looking at. :p

15. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I still heavily fap over the briefcase scene. I think most blokes do.

DRC™ likes this.
  16. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Just watched it last night, hadn't seen the 1st movie though. Plot was a bit silly, but it is a comic-book film so I let that go.

All you're really looking for a big explosions and lots of action and it didn't disappoint - with plenty of eye-candy from the excellent CGI and Ms Johansson...

DRC™ likes this.
  17. Mitcian

Mitcian What's a Dremel?

I went to see this movie, looking for action any maybe some eye candy on the side and got what i wanted and wasn't too disappointed.
    It was good entertainment but that's about it. One cant expect and deep storyline or well developed characters in a movie like this.

Having said that I do agree that RDJ's character quirks did hold the movie together, without those few nuggets of amusement it would have been rather dry action

18. Danny

Danny What's a Dremel?

Can't wait to see this movie, going next week. I was a big fan of the first, really enjoyed it. Hoping this one lives up to my previous standards and you can't beat a bit of Johansson eye candy! :naughty:

DRC™ likes this.
  19. boiled_elephant

Watch the first one again. The whole thing that set it apart from Spiderman and Superman, and placed it in league with the new Batmans, is that it was grim and serious and adult whilst retaining an attitude of boyish humour and fun. It dealt with real things but remained a superhero film, just like Batman did - kidnapping businessmen, striking deals with organised criminals, betraying friends, insanity, terrorism, weapons trading, discovery of principles and realistic budding unspoken romance.

Iron Man 2 didn't have much substantial content other than a company switching owners and a man's father dying. And Tony and Black Guy disliked each other for a while, then liked each other again. I'm not saying it was bad - but it was a Spiderman, not a Batman. It had nothing serious or frightening, so its heroes had less risk to bounce off and therefore didn't have as much peril to survive and triumph over.

20. Kalcifer

Kalcifer If you want change, start with yourself.

This was the one movie out of all the super hero movies that didn't take its story too seriously, it was more relaxed could easy poke fun at itself and be a much more enjoyable movie as a result.

It was also more open and not just aimed at the hard core comic bookers, if u fancy a fun film and a laugh I would recomend it, if u want realism go watch a documentary like "Life" by the BBC narrated by David Attenborough (which I also enjoyed).