1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 EA: Crysis 2 is 'Halo killer'

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Warrior24_7, 7 May 2010.

1. Warrior24_7

Warrior24_7 What's a Dremel?

Well at least your mother finally got you to wear a suit, just one problem, you have the pistol pointed in the right direction, but slightly off angle. Just lower it...a...wee..bit...more... "BANG"!!! :yawn:

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Um yeah. You really proved me wrong with that post.

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

XD I love warrior- oh and on topic.. halo sucked all the monkeyballs

4. Warrior24_7

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i totally agree, people wanting to buy Halo and CoD series games because the huge marketing campaigns. as i've said in both of my previous posts, marketing is everything, just like every other thing that has been tied with money.

i don't see how "shiny" comes into decisions to buy PC games, Half Life series proved it, along with many other indie games.

i have been playing MW2 multiplier for over 200 hours (according to Steam) and im sure smc8788 can vouch that i usually in the top 3 in all team based matches (i prefer to have other people watch my back). as for Halo 3, sorry, i won't touch anything with auto-aim babysitting my ability to shoot.

6. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Firstly, your definition of success isn't everyone's, you're entitled to your own, mad as it is, but stop trying to cram your childish over-inflated opinions down everyone else's throats! Yes we get that you're a console fan-boy, your avatar highlights that fact, consoles are great for easy fun games, which halo is very good at....it's awful for a more in-depth, and simply better, gaming experience.

Again I'll refer you to your everyday Hollywood blockbusters - they sell massively and by your definition are therefore the best type of films! This should spell out the obvious floor in your logic to you, it really should, there's no better analogy!

Sadly you won't find anybody over the age of 12 that agrees with that definition, as Hollywood blockbuster, like 360 games, are a quick fix, mindless balls of energy - yes they're fun, I'm not denying it, but most people would like to get past that and play something truly immersive, you should have to work HARD to enjoy a good game, just as you do to truly enjoy most things in life, console games are easy and fun, but not rewarding. Much like watching a truly great film, it should be though provoking, and force you to think, if you're idea of a truly great film is all action, explosions and short attention spans, then you should be at home on your console.

Last edited: 8 May 2010
  7. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

"We separated the sphere of truth from the sphere of taste. In the former, agreement is to be sought, and engaging in argument can serve this purpose. In the latter, the differences of opinion should be tolerated, and there is no point in arguing to overcome them." -Mortimer J. Adler

[Insert comment here regarding a Nail, it's head, and it's reflection upon this thread]

'nuff said

8. Warrior24_7

The best marketing in the world is word of mouth, making a product so popular that it's very name sell itself. Do you think WoW needs a commercial? What about the iPhone? These products are the defacto leaders of their genres and are seen as the ones to beat. Halo is already killed. I doubt there will be a Halo 4, but the memory and psychological beatdown it put on EA and Crytek gave them post dramatic stress like symptoms. They'd twitch, jerk, and look about at the mere mention of Halo. So in their minds they must defeat this demon. It won't happen.

Graphics! Thats ALL Crysis was about. The ONLY reason the game is even mentioned is because of graphics! The game sucked, if you played Far Cry then you played Crysis. The gameplay is not innovative, it's not anything that hasn't been done before. So when PC gamers found out that they couldn't run the game, or whatever other problems they had with it, they simply stole it or left it on the shelf.

Shiny graphics attract PC gamers. The game could blow chunks, but if it's "shiny", it gotta be good. They would rather have something to show off then be good. Crytek knows this, and knows that they better be "good" as well on the console. They've already said it has made them make a better game. The will get it's due, but a "Halo killer" it can never be.

You need others to watch your back? Why, can't you handle your own? Babysitting your ability to shoot? So "thats" why you need to have the others then? Makes sense.:hehe:

9. October

October Mariachi Style

:hehe: you just failed so hard I nearly choked on my tea. You think Halo was a legendary innovation in gameplay perhaps...? If you think Farcry plays like Crysis you obviously have no imagination, and sandboxes are not for you. I guess we already knew that.

Hmmm yeah that's why people are still playing the original Counter Strike, Deus Ex, Half Life, and loads of others I can't think of right now. How many console gamers d'you think still play even five year old games, never mind ten or fifteen. Oh wait yeah Half Life is shinier than Halo, I forgot. :wallbash:

Oh yeah this:
    The internet made you stupid.

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i guess you've missed millions of product placements and adverts for iPhone. :)

on the topic about Halo, we'll have to agree to disagree, most people here thinks it's a sorry excuse for FPS, and you obviously defend it like it's your child.

to be honest, i used to love Halo 1 and all of its novels, but once Microsoft and Bungie started to milk it dry (Reach, ODST and that RTS attempt), it became dead to me.

im a team player, watching other's flank while my team watches mine. arcade shooters such as Halo and CoD doesn't force you to do it, think how many more than 5 years old arcade shooters is still being played today compare that to tactical team based game (CS, Team Fortress, Battlefield 2 to name a few). in a truly team based game, playing as a lonewolf will get you killed/loose.

your inability to read amazes me.:rolleyes:

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Another epic Warrior topic. seriously.

12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

On no not another Warrior thread :eyebrow:

13. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah, they usually go downhill pretty quickly and end up with a massive (and incorrect) use of quotation marks and failed quote tags.

14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Oh well, he tried.

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

like hes going to stop, honestly why is he still here? all he does is post grief and start arguements :eyebrow:

16. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

It's amusing enough.

Halo has its place. It's a good laugh for a couple of housemates on an xbox to play together online; easy to drop in and out of and also easy enough to be competitive in. Some other multi player shooters are very hard to break into and get to a level where one is good enough to make it fun, without dedicating a lot of time to it. That is only my opinion of course.

Equally though, more technical shooters also have their place within the gaming community, and arguably, that probably commands more respect, like this thread quite clearly states. (bar one, infant little boy on here, that is)

17. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Halo Killer usually dictates that it is going to destroy Halo and take all off it's success, not that it will be a better game overall. So technically Warrior was correct. A Killer is to destroy a competitor of the market, something I doubt Crysis will do.

18. October

October Mariachi Style

Bet y'all haven't played Halo like I've played Halo...

[​IMG]
    (me)

[​IMG]
    (not me)

Technically I'm playing MW2 in the first picture, but you get the idea. And the second one is when we were playing 4 player split screen :D :rock:

I love my job sometimes :thumb:

19. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Looks like you're about to have a Tron experience in the first picture. Awesome use of the equipment. :thumb:

20. Warrior24_7

That's EXACTLY what it means. That's EXactly what EA meant when they said it. The same thing for WoW, and the iPhone. Crysis can't do this simply because it's launching across all platforms and Halo was an exclusive. Halo also has probably seen it's last days as well. That leaves Crytek chasing history.