1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Is Crysis a decent game?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Executioner, 17 Apr 2010.

1. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

Personally I rate Crysis as one of my top 5 all time favorite games. I personally felt the game combined pretty much every great feature I look for in a shooter. I loved the illusion of choice that you were given in the game as to how you would handle each level. I loved how the game looked, I loved how it sounded. I loved that when I was fighting the Koreans I could sneak around with the knock out dart attachment to put them to sleep and then I could just execute them with a pistol. Then later I could go Predator on the Aliens with the minigun.

2. WarningFromSpace

WarningFromSpace What's a Dremel?

It's a must have in my books

3. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

My other half bought it for me ages ago and it cost her wayyyyyyy more than that, about 7 times more actually :waah: but it was bought as a present for me so I was happy :D

SNAP :thumb:

FIXED!

Complete and utter bull, COD4: MW2's multiplayer isn't good at all in fact it's sh*t, well on the pc at least, let's assume you are on about the pc version shall we? The first COD4 Modern Warfare's multiplayer is far superior than Modern Warfare 2's p*ss poor effort.

4. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I agree, the "optimisations" were slightly lower-res textures and a change in draw distance. However, the game itself was far more action packed. I liked the pacing of warhead, but wished it looked like Crysis. Warhead looked just a little too cartoony for my liking. How people can say it looks better than Crysis I'll never know.

They're both still favourites though.

5. muhannad

muhannad What's a Dremel?

"is crysis a decent game?"

Is that a real question!? It's fabulous

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Yes.

Could've used some gore effects, though. It broke the shiny photorealistic immersion a bit when bullets did as much visible damage as paintball...

7. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Defo a great game. I loved Warhead also and am looking forward to Crysis 2.

8. JamButty

JamButty Risking life and limb for Blighty!

I think a previous poster hit the nail on the head when they said its the variety of different ways you can tackle a given senario that makes Crysis stand out from your usual FPS games, that and the graphics obviously! I really enjoyed playing levels several times over trying different approaches, which is very unusual for me. Really good game.

9. bestseany

bestseany What's a Dremel?

I love Crysis, and really enjoyed Warhead as it gave it some much needed action.

In the original game though, the jungle chapters were much more interesting than the boring alien ones.

10. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

See, that's what I loved about Far Cry 2. I used to love taking an elevated position and using the sniper rifle to send a gas bottle spinning around, setting everything on fire. Sometimes it would ignite an ammo cache and you'd have a firework display. Equally it is what I've grown to hate about the Call of Duty series after COD2 (the last one with half a plot) - it's basically paint by numbers and bores me to tears.

11. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Crysis was a brilliant game.

Play it on an easy difficulty and it sucked, they should have made people play on delta or above with no other options - force you to learn to use the suit and fast switch, makes it truely enjoyable.

Sadly i hated the alien levels, but you can play the first half of the game again and again.

It's a shame the single player mods wern't really up to scratch (i guess it wasn't a particually easy process), real potential to create some brilliant jungle maps filled with enemy bases.

12. sWW

sWW Minimodder

i thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone

13. bob

bob What's a Dremel?

It's an excellent game. Go Stealthy!

14. Danny

Danny What's a Dremel?

Loved crysis! There was no better thrill than creeping up on someone cloaked and popping him one to the back of the skull. If that's not what you're into you could also pick him up with your super strength and throw him a few mile. :D

15. omicron

omicron Baud.

Do you always get this petulant when somebody disagrees with you?
    And this from a moderator. Zounds.

Anyway, my opinion—notice I said opinion, before anybody jumps down my throat—is that Crysis is a really nifty FPS that ultimately fails to deliver, story/replay-wise. The graphics and cool suit help sell the game to you, but the gameplay itself is pretty luekwarm.
    It has achieved something of a cult status simply by virtue of being a benchmarking test, though. This actually makes it difficult for me to play it as a game these days. Bit like Shattered Horizon in that respect (although it's much more polished than that).

Try it. You definitely won't regret it...Just don't expect genius.

16. boiled_elephant

A lot of people said that, but because it provides so many versatile tools and huge, open-ended challenges, how much you get out of it is really proportionate to how much you put in. It doesn't always work for me, but when you do something a different way, use your head, plan and it actually works out, it's a great feeling.

As for the storyline, well, I liked it. It was very B-movie, but I adore B movies. And the voice acting was good and amusing, if hammy. You could tell they were having fun doing it.

17. Zipu

Zipu What's a Dremel?

It was a very B-movie kind of story, I agree you on that, but, still, the game is just awesome. Moving around in the forests, watching all those environments so well done, it was more than 1 time that I just stopped to look at everything, it's just jaw dropping.
    Can't wait for the sequel

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Actually in Crysis Sightseeing is always a joy.

19. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I actually just finished playing through the game again. It's really good. If you're willing to explore, experiment, and try weird things you can have a TON of fun. If you approach it like a sand box game and try to imagine different ways to approach every situation the game gets pretty ridiculous. If you approach it like your typical console rail-shooter then you're gonna be pretty bored.

I actually liked the alien levels. The lighting was amazing and having zero gravity was pretty cool. (although it made me wonder what this suit CAN'T do)

20. boiled_elephant

I was about to say "please a woman", but then I remembered the "maximum speed" mode.