1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Avoid Iron Man 2 unless...

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 8 May 2010.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Oops sorry, that was a typo. What I meant to ask was should it be Ghys's or Ghys'. My "s" key sticks a little at the moment. Too much gamez being played for too long on the poor keyboard ;) Is Ghys your real name? I just realized a short while ago that it's a French name :)

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

How can French Canadians rock, when French people are the most suckiest people in the world. Even as Jeremy Clarkson says, France is an amazing beautiful country ruined by one thing, the French.

3. Unicorn

Hater. Get out and take your negative attitude with you!

4. Pieface

Pieface Modder

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

My full name is Ghyslain but I hate it and prefer to use Ghys (unofficially)

We are nothing like them, not even our language is the same ... Believe it or not, we actually speak better French than they do

6. October

October Mariachi Style

How about Tony is now rich from tech that yer mans da invented...? :duh: (also, it's whiplash) :lol:

Technically though he wasn't at the start of the story... In fact he wouldn't even be using the tech in question if Whiplash hadn't come after him. Don't know if that's slightly lazy plotting or a clever commentary on how we create our own enemies etc etc :worried:

On-topic I liked it, quite a lot actually. Not necessarily better then the original but certainly as good. The characters moved on, it's as much a slightly black comedy about death as an action movie. Saying that i don't know if any of this would be worth typing where it not for RDJ, I would honestly watch him read the phonebook.

Wolverine 2 looks to be on track for a sequel that kicks the originals arse to frig :thumb:

7. October

October Mariachi Style

Cultural understanding fail :lol:

8. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

That can't be hard to do, given how pathetic the original was.

9. October

October Mariachi Style

My point exactly :D Plus Brian Singer's making it, and he knows exactly how to make Wolverine awesome.

10. Unicorn

I lol'd. Also, grammar fail. "Most suckiest" is not, nor will ever be proper English. I don't care if you were trolling or not, it's no excuse!

11. October

October Mariachi Style

It's definitely the mostest sucky use of English I've seen tonight :hehe:

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

lawl

the grammar/spelling thread is that way guys ===> thread :D

13. Unicorn

Don't make me post boxxy! :hehe:

14. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Most of the jokes made me cringe..

Also is anyone actually a fan of Thor?

15. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

whiplash, backslash, eyelash... its all -slash in the end, and thats what he does best! :lol:

I am not a fan of Thor, cause he just is a clown with a hammer. I am however excited about the prospects of the team coming together, that should open up some interesting story line.

And agreed, I could watch RDJ read the phone book too. Just watched Sherlock Holmes (in BD) and needless to say he is becoming one of my fav actors.

16. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I need to see Sherlock Holmes. I'm an avid fan of the original stories, though, so I'm worried it'll just offend and disappoint me - even with RDJ.

17. October

October Mariachi Style

It's almost certain to. You'll probably feel a little dirty and cheap afterwards. In the best possible way :thumb:

18. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Loved the movie, though I still hate the pepper pots actress.

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Gwyneth is fine

20. JustLeigh

JustLeigh What's a Dremel?

Iron Man 2 sucked. They tried to cram too much into it and the whole thing was just a mess. I honestly thought I'd missed a scene when suddenly Rhody was pissed off with Stark and nicked an old suit.

On a different note, someone mentioned comic films being made for hard core comic fans. Has that ever happened? Really? The films are always dumbed down, simplified or just plain changed for the big screen (Spidey's organic webshooters, anyone?). The possible exception would be Zack Snyder's films as they are pretty much a panel for panel adaptation (Can they even be called adaptations?).

However, as most films from comic books are based on superhero pap, who cares? 'Oh no's! Vastly Inadequate Man's spandex is the wrong shade of blood red.' Please.

Best comic book films ever? Ghostworld and American Splendour. If you count yourself a comic fan (a fan of the medium, not overgrown steroid abusers) and you have not read these titles, check them out.

Best comic film to come? Scott Pilgrim. It's gonna be awsome! :thumb:

PS not seen Kick Ass yet though. It's meant to, well, Kick Ass!