1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 EA: Crysis 2 is 'Halo killer'

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Warrior24_7, 7 May 2010.

1. Warrior24_7

Warrior24_7 What's a Dremel?

I don't determine what is a success and what isn't...and niether do you! Thats decided by the market. I also get that you're a "PC fanboy" and "you" highlight that fact, but numbers don't lie. Halo outsold Crysis by a WIDE margin (so did Super Mario), and Crytek knows this so they made "that" their target. You're right, Halo is a fun game.

First off there is no such thing as an "everyday Hollywood blockbuster"! You act these types of movies are realeased at will! That's an obvious floor *er* flaw in "your" logic. Movies like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Avatar don't come along "everyday"! There are more bad movies than blockbusters! Movies that don't get released or go straight to DVD. The same goes for games. Some games that are in development never see the light of day, or just plain suck, in spite of all the hype and money thrown at them. These games eventually go to the land of misfit games, by the way of the bargin bin *cough* Crysis *cough*! So yes, there IS a better analogy!

"Hopefully" nodbody over the age of 12 agrees with "that" analogy! I shouldn't have to "work hard" to enjoy anything! Good food (Hmmm... this cold, leftover food sucks! oh well, I'll just keep eating the rest of it to see if it tastes any better) It's an immersive experience, a good movie or game grabs you and keeps you there. No "work" involved. But you're PC gamer who has to struggle with games constantly just to get them to "work" properly right out of the box! So you're used to $h!t like that. Crytek knew what they're talking when they said the console gamer gives you 2 seconds, the PC gamer gives you 2 minutes. I know crap when I smell it, and I don't force myself to like something because I'm "suppose" to like it! Heeeeyyyy, look at THAT shiny game! The multi-player sucks, it freezes up and I can't run it either...It's great!!!:thumb:

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its like watching a mentally ill dog chasing its tail.

3. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

why do you make these threads about Crysis when it doesn't even seem as if you like the game?

4. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

He likes to start flame wars. It's literally all he does.

5. Warrior24_7

It doesn't matter whether "I" like Crysis or not. The market (which is everybody) will dictate the success or failure of the game. If people like it they will buy it, if not, they won't. EA and Crytek are making some pretty bold statements about the game and the competition. Honestly, the game has a chance because the future of the competition is in doubt. Infinity Ward has imploded and Bungie jumped ship to Activision so who knows.

6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

You seem to be more obsessed with commercial success and how much money games make than how good they actually are. As a consumer, I'd say you have your priorities back to front. Just enjoy games for what they are - if you like them, great, if you don't, well then there's alway going to be a lot of people who do.

7. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

8. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Err, gonna have to Nit Pick here, but Crysis 2 is due for Launch just around a month later of Halo: Reach, which Bungie are producing (According to Play.com) And just because Bungie is no longer part of the MS Game Studios brand, doesn't mean MS Game Studios are going to develop more Halo titles, as well, they now own the franchise.

Sam

9. stivalmighty

stivalmighty What's a Dremel?

Can't wait for this game :D hope it becomes one of the top titles.

10. Warrior24_7

EA and Crytek are more obsessed with commercial success and how much money the game makes, because it take alot of money to make the game and that is also how they judge success!

11. Warrior24_7

You can nit pick all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that both Infinity Ward's and Bungie's situations are not the same anymore. EA knows this and has stated that fact to a degree 'Not happy 'til we've taken back FPS leadership'-EA. They know the competition is weakened and this is a prime opportunity to strike.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=246180

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=246160

12. October

October Mariachi Style

Yeah but why do you have such a personal stake in this? What difference to you does it make if Crysis does well or not, or how it compares to other games?

You keep on starting arguments about how Crysis isn't a good game because not that many people bought it, that's entirely irrelevant to all of us who played and loved it, just like any other game played and enjoyed by true gamers. Kinda ironic that you call yourself a true gamer, all you care about is sales figures :rolleyes:

wyx087 likes this.
  13. spectre456

+1

October likes this.
  14. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

thought crysis sold like million copies.. I know I bought it

but it's true, there's a lot on the console.. look at wii- they have a market (mothers and kids) that doesn't even play games..

15. Zipu

Zipu What's a Dremel?

There won't be a commercial sucess if the game sucks.
    EA knows this, and Crytek knows this even more, I think the game will be a huge sucess, but we are all here to watch it happen.
    In the meantime, relax, drink a beer or two.., fighting in a forum is like, well :wallbash:

16. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Are you serious? This is not even worth agruing over. Halo is the only reason to buy an Xbox 360 as their game selection sucks so it does huge numbers. Halo nice story but third or fourth best console FPS.

Crysis PC great graphics but pales in comparision to Quake II Doom Half Life 2 Call of Duty PC as the gameplay was boring and any PC gamer knows this.

I rather play Killzone 2 or STALKER for my FPS fix

17. spectre456

it's one thing to say that you don't like the game as an opinion, but don't speak for the rest of us please.

18. Skidd

Skidd What's a Dremel?

I found crysis to be rather engaging and innovative enough (cryo suit anyone?) to make a vast difference between its cousin Far Cry. The fact that it was a PC exclusive made it even better. No current console would even run that game anyways. Now with Crysis 2 coming on consoles I expect a dumbed down run of the mill shooter with average graphics and gameplay (LIKE HALO!!!) that the console boys will go ooo look at those graphics much like they did for far cry 2 which IMHO was not a very good game in all aspects. I actually hated it!

Just to had to this discussion by Warriors definition Starcraft 2 being a PC exclusive will suck and will not be as popular as say C&C3 which sold moderatly ok on consoles.

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Actually, I still think FC2 had potential, just that Ubi didn't allow modding.

20. Skidd

Skidd What's a Dremel?

My Far cry 2 experience consisted of "Go here kill some bad guys along the way, kill one guy and come back killing the same guys I killed going" repeat infinity...

Edit: Ok that might sound like fun for the console crowed. But It bored the **** out of me.