1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus brings the bling to its latest NX laptops

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 14 May 2010.

1. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Maybe it's not just bare alu? Some sort of decent clearcoat would fix the scratching problem probably.

2. Spuzzell

Spuzzell What's a Dremel?

It's almost a DESK replacement. You could do your ironing on the damn thing.

perplekks45 likes this.
  3. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

It's gorgeous, but without immediately skinning it, and handling it forever with white cotton gloves, that poor laptop would look terrible after a few weeks of being carted around. But I don't think it's meant to move, so...

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Those are dual touchpads. You can use it either right or left handed.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I lol'd.
    rep++

Does it support multi-touch then? That would make it at least partially appealing to me.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

In some way I think. I was told each could be assigned to perform specific tasks in applications, but I know no more than that.

perplekks45 likes this.
  7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I still don't understand why manufacturers of touch screens, laptops & phones don't use multi-touch more. :eyebrow:
    It's the only thing I'm disappointed with with my Samsung Galaxy Spica.

Anyway, different tasks in applications? Sounds interesting in theory but I don't see how this will be easy to pick up thanks to the touch pads being either side of the keyboard. Will have to see it in action to make a final judgement, I guess.

Cheers for the quick answer, Rich. :thumb: rep has been added although you don't really need any more, do you? ;)

8. Andersen1337

Andersen1337 What's a Dremel?

18.4" big and not even a numpad, that just has facepalm written all over it...

9. Andersen1337

Andersen1337 What's a Dremel?

Lol, it posted twice

Last edited: 15 May 2010
  10. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

Looks good... till you open it up. Just doesn't look right with those big speaker panels and lets be honest, if you're using it as a desktop replacement chances are you'll have a decent set of speakers you can hook up nearby anyways. I'm rather unsure why that is meant to be such a huge selling point.
    As others said no key pad is another nail in the coffin as a DTR.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's patented to the teeth I'd imagine.

12. toda200

toda200 What's a Dremel?

Asus finally find a specialize area to shine with fabulous sound and design. It will be a breakthrough for all notebook to follow but since this is a laptop replacement it should be around 19-20". And should they consider release a 14-15" with similar design to it. The palm rest area is too wide, too deep for improvement.

Tags: Add Tags