1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware ViewSonic VX2739WM Monitor Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 13 May 2010.

1. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Does it really make that much of a difference though? I mean, I seem to cope fine with a 60Hz monitor :/

2. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Hrrrrrngh.

3. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

There, there. I felt it too.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Day and night. I couldn't believe it. My friends couldn't believe it. Any hardcore FPS gamer needs a 120hz monitor

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Great, now you've made me want to spend another £200 :grr:

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I paid mine 450$CAN and I don't regret it at all

7. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

You should, your LCD sucks for everything but that 120hz lol. Sure its nice and smooth I'll agree there, but untill they start making some decent panels with 120hz theres no way I'm paying that kind of premium. And I even play FPS competitively lol.

8. Xir

Xir Modder

Which is to be generally discouraged from an ergonomic standpoint. :D

My god, you've actually reviewed a sub 300pound monitor...I can't believe it :clap:

9. HangFire

HangFire What's a Dremel?

I can't recommend any monitor only 1050 or 1080 pixels high. While I have had, at work and at home, many beautiful ViewSonic monitors (including the 1920x1200 I'm looking at right now), I no longer recommend them. The simple reason is the horrible OSD when hooked up to two different video sources. It doesn't honor the manual switch only setting, likes to switch to the computer that just powered off (!), and often simply ignores your request to bring up the OSD at all. This is not one monitor, but a lab full of them of several generations, all Pro models. When you have twin 24" or larger displays on all workstations and a mix of servers as well, you simply can't have dedicated monitors for all the workstations, and serious KVM's are serious money as well. We thought we could make it work by using the secondary (VGA) port on the Viewsonics for the servers, but ViewSonic made it impossible to use. The monitors simply refuse to stay on the picture you want. When the idle system goes to screen blank/saver, it switches to that and wants to stay there until you power cycle the monitor.

We buy the high-end Dells now. Quite a different animal then the consumer models.

10. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

"although the native resolution is only 1,920 x 1,080, unlike the Dell U2711"
    But if your a gamer your likely to want the former resolution and not the Dell one... The game wont look stretched either.
    Also i cant imagine many photos being viewed at full resolution of the dell.
    Maybe im wrong though.

11. phantombudgie

phantombudgie What's a Dremel?

+1

My existing Viewsonic is a 19" 1440*900 jobby which I got because it was cheap for the resolution. Now sometime has passed it's time for more shiny stuff!

12. Chaos_Engine

Chaos_Engine What's a Dremel?

H-IPS LP2475W, Amazing monitor, not just about response speeds, its how your games look.. Always worth spending more on a monitor. Its the one component you dont change often

13. unoimkll

unoimkll What's a Dremel?

I'm relatively new to "large" monitors (>22")

I would like to ask any of you for your suggestion on a monitor that is:
    - BEST for gaming (I am thinking CoD:Black Ops full res no lag etc)
    - 24"+
    - similar price range to the ViewSonic VX2739WM (not higher)

I would appreciate any feedback as I believe this community would know the best.

Thank you in advance.

=]

Tags: Add Tags