1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Is Crysis a decent game?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Executioner, 17 Apr 2010.

1. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I dislike crysis as i rather play in a sandbox, which is where far cry 2 failed.

Boiling point and the crysis engine would have made a far better far cry 2. And well they failed beyond belief there.

If you have time to sit down and play the game for what it is, you'll end up like gunsmith.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i dont know if i should takae that as a compliment or an insult :confused:

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

At the risk of sucking massive amounts of cock, I think it's a compliment :D

I never know what to make of people who go "omg you spend so much time playing game X that's LAAME" whilst they're sat playing untold hours on game Y. I get it a lot with warcraft from people who have chalked up 500 hours on TF2. I tend to just ignore them.

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

You actually see the game for what it is. Most people still can't get past the whole OMG its crysis my machine will crash.

5. lil chris

lil chris What's a Dremel?

is crysis a decent game

Yes definately along with HalfLife its a must have game.Wow I can remember buying my 1st Pc to play HalfLife back in 1998. Back to Crysis, I built my current machine just to play the game only to get just past the mountain level and my motherboard failed and in the rebuild lost some of my saves. New rebuilt Pc again later and graphics upgraded from one of those awfull letdown/ cutdown GF 8800 cards with hardly any memory we where told were good enough to play Crysis to a Gf 8800GTX ( i'm still using it),and still cant play on all bells and whistles . And yes Ive played through it again this time to get as far as nuking the mountain from the ship but again still never finished the game but still like it. For me the best parts are fighting the soldiers in the jungle and using the suit etc, not too keen on fighting the aliens that much.......might play it again tonight now....he....he

6. Raptorex

Raptorex What's a Dremel?

I thought Crysis was just good, it didn't blow me away (apart from the graphics) and i didn't think it was bad, just good. A perfect example of how style over substance can hype a game in the wrong way, its just known to be a PC killer, and not the best PC shooter as it promised. Probably because no one could run the game with decent settings when it came out

7. juststsomeguy26

juststsomeguy26 What's a Dremel?

Yes crisis is a good game. Not a classic an the scale halo was measured. A solid title non the less

8. boiled_elephant

This new challenger smells like a Warrior24_7 alt :p Bad warrior, if that is you.

Another oddity about crysis is the physics engine. Even fully patched it still has a bug where NPCs will occasionally be killed by stationary objects like crates and fences when they walk past them. I don't mind it because it only ever helps in a fight, and always makes me laugh, but it's weird.

9. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

Crysis had me puzzled once, I managed to hit a korean soldier into a fridge:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, I could open and close the door as well. :hehe:

October likes this.
  10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

THATS AWESOME! I APPROVE!

btw thats in the encampment just at the foot of the boat wreckage in contact. (recognised the trees outside) :worried:

11. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

I've tried replicating it in other games to no avail, so I guess I must have got a lucky glitch.

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

id had a shotgun glitch through a solders stomach, tbh i love these little bugs, make the game more unique and entertaining :)

13. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Crysis is a great game, i played it at i think i31 where they had a pre alpha build of crysis on demo, could drop through the ground and fly, ended up going through the ground grabbing a soldier by the neck flying into the air and out to the coast above a cliff, dropped the guy.

Then the demo got reset by staff, still a great game to play even with todays latest games.

14. boiled_elephant

One minor quibble with Crysis that I'm always reminded of when somebody I know tries it for the first time: it was massively, massively misrepresented by the advertising. The trailer/FMV is a million miles away from the actual gameplay, depicting you wading into gunfights in armour mode and bullets just bouncing off you. In reality, if you stay in line of sight of anyone for more than 5 seconds, you're going to die, fast. Stealth is always a component of the gameplay to some extent (usually a pretty large one) and they failed to warn gamers about that. It irritates me when things are misleadingly advertised.

15. AndyCubb

AndyCubb Victory is mine!

Completely agree.
    If youre a fan of stealth, open levels and amazing graphics you will love it.
    One small issue for me is that it got a bit samey....not a lot....but a bit.

16. stivalmighty

stivalmighty What's a Dremel?

Yes it makes me Drool when i think about it. *drools* <---- thats how good it is.

17. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

For me Crysis and Crysis warhead never really clicked for me like games like COD4 and Modern warfare 2 did. Played both right through but it was an effort as they didnt grip my attention. But as a previous poster said they are like marmite you either love them or .........

18. ICISAZEL

ICISAZEL What's a Dremel?

I believe for what it is it an ok game, with some nice moments, but has pants cheating AI on higher difficulty levels and is for a game that claims to be quite open ended, very much one rails.
    I have both Crysis and Crysis warhead. Cryisis i have completed but warhead bored me after a few days. For the punishment that it throws at hardware i don't think the gameplay or graphics quite match up. this is possible in line with my general preference for sandbox shooters.

I enjoyed call of duty modern warfare and modern warfare 2 a whole lot more . They just seemed to have a whole lot more atmosphere. But i do feel that modern warfare 2 while a good blast was not greater that the high bar set by modern warfare 1..

19. Oscar Mike

Oscar Mike What's a Dremel?

ditto

+1

Crysis was relatively groundbreaking as far as graphics were concerned, for me it was also the perfect excuse to upgrade so no real complaints! It just didnt have that 'I must keep playing until my retinas burn out' hold on me though, not sure why...

20. AndyCubb

AndyCubb Victory is mine!

Y'know what, I hadnt thought of it like that but yes that hits the nail right on the head.
    So thank you Crytek for giving me a damn good reason to spank a grand on upgrading my rig ;)