1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BFG Tech leaves graphics card market

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 May 2010.

1. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Ah cr*p! I just wrote a big rant and then read the last line of you post! Serves me right for raging without reading everything :sigh:

2. koli

koli What's a Dremel?

I blame global warming. And George Bush...

3. Hack'n'Slash

Hack'n'Slash Minimodder

They sent me a DOA GTX260 in exchange for a dead 8800GTS that I'd RMA's almost a month ago. Five or six ignored e-mails later I've had to resort to tracking down the number for the warehouse in Wales to see if Partners-IT can get it sorted for me. :wallbash:

4. juststsomeguy26

juststsomeguy26 What's a Dremel?

Cant say I'm upset by this. I remember buying a pair of their water cooled gtx280s in 08 and both were doa.
    Suffice to say I've avoided them since.

5. davidbrown1988

davidbrown1988 Minimodder

Shame, I love my BFG 9800 GTX OCX. They Squeezed more power out of this card than I've seen by any other manufacturer.

6. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

I am just surprised they are going to focus on PSUs. There are already a lot of people making those and it is not as if they are going to be making some amazing thing that will blow pc power and cooling (now ocz) away.

Their gpus on the other hand always were very reliable as I have owned 5 of them. Some I tore apart and WC but most were left stock and they all have worked wonderfully for years and I was even able to get some great OC with the stock cooler back in the days of the 6 series. None of their cards ever failed and I feel a loss as I will now need to search out a new company to buy all my gpus from...

7. HangFire

HangFire What's a Dremel?

At one time I saw an off-brand owned by BFG at a big-box store. It was a 5200FX slightly overclocked. I forget the name of this pseudo-company, wonder if they are still around?

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

While I've never owned a BFG they were in my top five of companies to buy from

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Same here Beast... this is a big shock to me. I've been using and supplying BFG cards since I can remember. It's so sudden!

I hope this won't hinder my efforts to obtain their "OCFU" advertising logo for my upcoming project :(

10. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Won't this be connected to the fact that Nvidia was so late with Fermi?
    Why would Piracy have anything to do with this? People still need graphics cards to play pirated games.

11. Bayaz

Bayaz What's a Dremel?

Thats a pity, less competition means higher prices

12. GroBeMaus

GroBeMaus What's a Dremel?

I always loved my BFG cards, their lifetime warranty was a standalone in this industry. I just wish they
    would have made some ATI cards as well. nVidia always wants a lot for their tech, could be the reason...

13. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

"Tech has promised to continue to offer full support via telephone and e-mail and to honour all warranties and RMA requests."

Then why have I not recieved any emails on my query in over three weeks? D:
    They just stopped dead, in the middle of helping me.

14. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

Same as, I ended up sending an email to jeff, one of the top support guys.

He emailed me back saying he would sort me out, and I'm just waiting for that now.

But I've had a b*****d time with BFG recently, haven't had a working card for 7 months.

15. AndyCubb

AndyCubb Victory is mine!

Hehehe Bush

16. Hack'n'Slash

Hack'n'Slash Minimodder

Well at least I'm not the only one. I was starting to develop a complex. lol :worried:

Dave at the depot in Wales contacted Jeff over a week ago on my behalf but it wasn't until I yesterday when I reminded them of my situation that I got any kind of response from BFG. Jeff says he's arranged another replacement that should ship today. We'll see.

The thing is, the customer shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops just to get a company to honor their warranty.

Tags: Add Tags