1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows LOST Season 6

Discussion in 'General' started by AshT, 2 Feb 2010.

?

Will the Lost writers be able to wrap it up properly?

1. No, they'll screw it up and they won't answer half the questions they scattered about

22 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Yes, it'll be great - the questions will be answered because they have had time to do think about it

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Yes it'll be great, but no, the ending will suck / be brilliant in equal measures as it won't answer

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

+1 to that, that'd be mega sucky.

2. RTT

RTT #parp

3. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I thought it was great. Wrapped it up nicely.

Here's my theory on what was happening:

The Island isn't hell, and isn't purgatory, or limbo, or heaven. It's a place where a particually nasty evil creature was contained in antiquity due to the magnetic fields of the island.

Evil escaped when Jacob and his brother came to blows. Smoke monster = evil, but is not Jacob's brother. Smokie took on his form. Still can't leave island due to electromagnatism (hence why he can be fended of by the fences)

What Desmond did to turn off the light, turned off the EM as well. Made Locke / Smokie & Jack mortal again, hence Locke's ability to be killed, and for Jack to get mortally wounded.

Everything on the island 'reality' was real. So everyone on the plane escaped, Hurley and Ben are custodians of the light, and Rose and Bernard are happy in the forest. As for Des - well, he's OK according to Ben. And I guess Hurley can always send him home.

Everything on the flash sidewards / other reality was all a halucination made up by a dying man (Jack).

And it ended right back where it started, where Jack woke up after the crash. He staggered there, past his dad's shoe to the same spot.

That or it could all be bobbins. ;)

4. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

So... my take was like this...

" Its Gilligans Island meets The Sixth Sense"

:blah:

I am somewhat at a stand still on how I feel about the series until further research... :sigh:

5. kaizer

kaizer What's a Dremel?

They could potentially do a prequel now!

6. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

I can't believe I wasted all that time watching Lost for that ending :(

7. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

+1 to both of these :/

8. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

That last episode was a fantastic way of devaluing almost everything that happened before it.

Walts story, the time travelling, the island, smoke monster, jacob, what is really going on...there was no answers what so ever.

I remember matthew fox on the late night show with david letterman after the success of Lost season 1 and he was being asked whether it was heading for another cheap ending like its a dream or their all dead etc - basically the firs thing everyone thought when lost was released; death, purgotory, heaven/hell type situation and this was catagorically denied by Fox and im sure even the producers if i remember correctly.

Fast forward to now and they have created mystery after mystery in almost every single episode; everything generates another question and it snowballed. This was their gimmick however to keep us tuned in - in the hope that these mystery's have a real answer!

But you get to series 6 and it begins to become clear that these writers really had no clue wtf they were doing. So many dead-end story lines that went no where and in the end, to answer the "snowball of mysterys" they created they use the one cheap cop-out answer....death/purgotory and heaven and hell scenerio.

Yeah...i feel screwed. For a work of art and pulling on the emotion strings it gets 10/10. Perhaps you could argue it was left for us to give it our meaning and use our own theories...but seriously If i wanted to do that I could have bloody written the whole show myself..what was the point then of us watching?

For a show and actual logical coherrent storyline is scores a 5/10 at best since nothing was definatively answered.

CardJoe likes this.
  9. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

personally i think they wrapped up pretty much everything, shame it all degenerated into a good vs evil theme but that was apprent from series 5.

Persoanlly I think the better end would have been for hugo to become the jacob (as he did), ben to become the new richard (he did), and jack to end up as the new smokey (due to landing on the same branch afterwards, etc).....then we could cut back to jacobs borthers old speech of "they come, they fight they die - it always ends the same" - woulda been kooler if you ask me.

10. bob

bob What's a Dremel?

I believe that the "flash-sideways" was actually purgatory, and the losties reliving their lives to do some good (sawyer becoming a cop rather than a con artist, jack having a son etc). Maybe Ben had done so many wicked acts that his time there wasn't complete.

But overall it was rather disappointing as the mysteries of Jacob, Smokey, Island weren't explained at all.

11. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

the biggest cimplaint around seems to be about the bloody ash - i've aslways assumed it's either black salt or gun powder both of which are historically used to protect from magics/witches/etc....pretty straight forward one to me!

12. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

What about the numbers?

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I just finished a Season 6 marathon. I watched the whole thing (13 hours 39 minutes) in just over a day (started last night and wasted the whole day watching today :hehe: )

not everything was answered but I don't really care. I honestly really liked what they did and the connection thing between characters. I also like how they got Desmond involved in the whole thing since I really like his character

The whole show was a mess at some point, just like Heroes is. I am just glad they managed to finish it honorably

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a life to get back

PS: I don't care about her acting or her character but... Emilie de Ravin is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. As corny and stupid as it sounds, I wish I could get to know her :hehe:

15. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i dunno, i go all melty when Tania Raymonde is on screen.

16. shadow12

shadow12 I lie

Those are the numbers assigned to each of the candidates (on Oceanic flight) on Jacobs wall.

17. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Anyone else see a similarity between this and how Ashes to Ashes concluded?

18. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

just some questions that were never answered:

Why did jacob allow benjamin to carry out the purge of the dharma folks? very unlike him no?

What was the point of saving benjamins life as a child? and why do it through this "fountain of life" or whatever it was if it was going to turn him evil?

What the hell was that anyways? Why did Sahid come back evil from it and want to side with locke?why didnt benjamin turn out like that ?!

Why did smokie kill Mr eko after going through all those shenanigans of turning into his brother yemi and getting him to "confess" his sins?

Why didnt smokie just get someone to kill the candidates in the first place if he waited to get rid of them on the submarine ?!

What did jacob mean when he said "their coming!" when he died?

Why did he let ben kill him anyway if stopping smokie was that damn important?

What the hell did faraday have to do with any of this then? a bit retarded his role now that we look at it in hindsight?

So the numbers represented the candidates - but what was their significance and why were they printed everywhere?

What the hell happened to walts role? he pube too hard i take it? Kinda makes season one an anti-climax right?

Why were benjamin linus folks walking around with disguises? what was the point? if he wanted to keep people away from the island - why the hell not just send em on a boat away from it - they cant find it anyways right?

Or better yet why not get someone to simply turn the underground wheel and transport its location if your so worried after?

too many unanswered questions, too much stupidity if you think about it that could have been avoided..

19. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

I am "lost" I still can't work out exactly what happened.

Did any of it happen? Did I really spend all that time watching it?

20. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

With regard to Walt, if you remember back to season 2 I think, one of the "others" told I *think* Michael, maybe jack, that he was going to be returned because he was more powerful than they were expecting and thus uncontrollable or something. I presume this meant to be a candidate.

Yes, there are holes in the plot. I still think this should have been 7 seasons to tie up the really obvious holes and clear up the mythology a bit. The whole plug thing was a bit.....seriously?.....for me.

Tags: