1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Youtube: "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 24 May 2010.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

This, my fellow nerds, is starting to piss me off big time. Here I am, thinking it would be cool again to hear the theme music of Need for Speed II SE, when all of a sudden YouTube spits at my face and reminds me the OP was a CRIMINAL for uploading the music of a 13 year old game :wallbash:

11 of my 87 favorite videos on YouTube have been removed because of this stupid thing. That's 12.6% !

WHY WON'T YOU LET ME ENJOY THINGS FROM WHICH YOU WOULDN'T BE MAKING MONEY ANYWAY ? WHYYY ?

Not sure who I'm yelling that to, but whatever.. :grr:

2. October

October Mariachi Style

Agreed, my old favourites list is almost obsolete :grr:

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Tell me about it. :(
    Hit and miss putting music to a video now, half the time you get the audio totally stripped now :(

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

There is a lot wrong with Youtube as of late, this is only one of those things, but I agree it's a pretty major one. I bookmark videos, rather than adding them to my account favs, and a large number of them have been removed since the start of the year making the Youtube folder in my bookmarks useless. What's more annoying is that Youtube is now making more money than ever, and shows (vlogs) like ijustine, shaytards and timothydelaghetto are making money as well, so there's obviously no shortage of cash. Terms of use or not, the rules are way too tight at the moment and it's stopping me using Youtube for any of my own videos that I want to upload. When I do get around to shooting and editing some footage, it's going on Vimeo with whatever music I want on there. Youtube can suck on it.

Last edited: 24 May 2010
  5. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

You guys do realize that it's not Youtube's fault, rather the DMCA. They are merely responding to a takedown notice and in doing so, following the law of the country where they are based. Their terms and conditions have to meet the conditions of the DMCA or else they are wide open to lawsuits. IIRC, Vimeo has to meet the same conditions.

Ghys, it's not about making money, it's about controlling your brand. EA simply wants things they approve of associated with the NFS franchise. Not what ever people want to put to the music. Imagine there being a video of 2 under age teens going at it set to the music and parents went ballistic, how would that reflect on EA in the media? EA have invested quite a lot of time and money in the NFS series and have, according to the DMCA, the right to defend their trademarked and copyrighted material. Should you ever build up a business, you'd defend it the same way.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I do understand it, but I hate to admit that. I'm sure Ghys does as well, but like me, he just thinks it sucks because DMCA orders mean that we can't enjoy our favourite youtube content :/

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

That's right. I understand the logic side of things, but it doesn't mean it doesn't piss me off.

8. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

Don't blame Youtube, blame inane US copyright laws.

I guess the Internet should just move to free countries :D

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

And now we get 15sec ads before some videos :wallbash:

10. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

GOD DAMN YES THIS IS ANNOYING >:/

I think I might just boycott pootube....

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

They can put ads all around the page, I DON'T CARE

Making me wait before I can watch a video; I DO CARE

12. wst

wst Minimodder

It's either a wait, or a popup obstructing the video, or both. **** that noise, I am not going to visit what those ads offer...

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

How do they expect people to react, really ? When I watch TV at home and some one is walking by the couch, they won't stop and block the TV for 15 secs so they can talk to me. They will just say what they have to say and I will answer right away. Block the TV and I'll be annoyed and will either tell you to go away or just not answer

14. el2k

el2k Modder

You do know when the advert starts playing if you refresh the page you can see the video without watching the ad right.....

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

That and "this video is not available in your location"....

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I hadn't tested this on youtube yet but it didn't work on other sites I tried it on

This is indeed equally annoying

17. Psycho

Psycho Average

To be removed for ToU violation, i understand, but to restrict it from my location...? MADNESS!

18. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

GOOGLE killed youtube when they bought them :(

19. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

More like perverted copyright laws killed YouTube before it even launched. After that YouTube got killed by the need to actually make money off a site :p

20. AndyCubb

AndyCubb Victory is mine!

Google are slowly taking over the world with thier cr@p :wallbash:
    Search engine : yes
    Google earth: ok
    Oerating system, YouTube, browser.... : NO NO NO :nono: