1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: PrometheusCU - Update #54 - May 28 2010 - Video Teaser

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Langer, 18 Jul 2008.

1. Richh999

Richh999 Small Time Modder

Its good to see you back, I was thinking about this log the other day and what had happened to it.. Glad to see life has worked its self out for you...

2. Achron

Achron Cad Pro Quo

Carbide end mills, mate.

3. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Very happy to finally see a new update :D.

4. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

A fan of fringe are we? (love the show :) but it might just be coincidence)

I was a bit concerned that those edges weren't going to clean quite right but you've got it done - Good work and good luck as you go on :thumb:

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Makes me very happy to see you being back! :rock:

6. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

First of all: welcome back and congrats on your extra spare time. ;)

Secondly, I'm sure someone has asked this before, but I just can't be bothered reading 52 updates for the answer: With all that copper, how heave is this thing going to be? Slightly, Considerably, or Insanely heavy?

7. Azayles

Azayles Minimodder

I'm putting my money on "weighs an effing ton" :p

8. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

@jhanlon303 - Thanks a lot mate, it's good to be back

@Richh999 - Life can be a son of a bitch, bit alls well in the land of milk and honey now. Thanks mate.

@Achron - It's not like I was using happy thoughts mate, the tools were carbide ;). My issue was with the fact that I had (I can't recall the actual times so these are an approximation) about 40hrs to do about 100hrs of cutting, and I had never worked with copper so I had no idea what speed/feed to give it (as well the router had no coolant options, I jerry rigged a couple of high-pressure air hoses to blast it with cold air). In short it was a bloody gong show... EPIC gong show.... but it all worked out in the end, I don't mind filing.

@The boy 4rm oz - Me too mate, me too. Thank you.

@SNiiPE_DoGG - Although it's filmed in Vancouver and I'm told it suits my interests I've never actually seen an episode of Fringe. However I assume you're referring to the lens flares and chromatic aberration effects... JJ Abrams made 2010 the year of the lens flare, and it's so very easy to do. On another Fringe note, in the panoramic I took of my balcony view you can see a large red brick building - they filmed an episode there (I'm told it was the one with "the building which phases in and out"!?!?)

@perplekks45 - Thank you man

@Nutman - 1) Thank you very much 2) Insanely heavy, I'm sure it'll top the scales well over 100lbs

@Azayles - I'm betting with you man, no exact number yet though.

9. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

All I've ever seen from my balconies is rain. The birds are using the tennis court as a birdbath. Nice view.
    john

10. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

Well actually its the music, they use the cello with the intense low note endings all the time for the crazy paranormal scenes. And yes I know which episode your talking about, I didn't even know they filmed a lot of the show in Vancouver, although looking at some pictures it definitely makes sense.

It is a truly epic television show - on par with some of the best sci-fi shows ever to be made IMO. I highly recommend you check it out :)

11. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

@John - Welcome to the west cost.

@Snipe - Now that I have more time on my plate it's on my list to check out. The music is actually ripped from one of my favorite games - Arcanum.

12. Achron

Achron Cad Pro Quo

Copper tends to be a bugger since it's so soft and malleable. 2 flutes, medium RPM, and low feeds do the trick nicely. Coolant also tends to help :D.

Regardless, I absolutely love how the case is coming along. The color clash is simply amazing.

13. MrWizard

MrWizard What's a Dremel?

Incredible. Even after seeing countless images of this mod, the contrast of copper and carbon fiber still has a super 'wow' factor. Awesome update :thumb:

14. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I'd like to invite everyone who is interested to follow me on my Facebook page.

Of course I will still be updating on the forums, and on my website, however the JLI Facebook page will be the best source for up-to the minute updates on my projects (new and old), exclusive info, and prize details.

JLI Facebook Page

*j

15. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

me want update langer!

16. Azayles

Azayles Minimodder

[​IMG]
    Mmm I am also wishing to have the updatings!

17. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

So Azayles was not right, but still.... "Hey, I wanna go to this LAN. But, eh, I can't, since my back got hurt pretty severely last week from having to move my case an inch!!!"

;)

18. Azayles

Azayles Minimodder

I must point out that the exact weight of one "effing ton" is extremely subjective, and is dependant on such factors as your overall condition, how tired you are, and exactly how many shredded wheat you had for breakfast :p

19. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

No weekend update?

20. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Nothing is heavy after eating shredded wheat :p