1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Best gaming keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Frohicky1, 10 Jan 2010.

1. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

what color are those Cherry's? I'm assuming they're cherry's right?

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

don't think so :p typing on one now

3. deadlyavenger

deadlyavenger What's a Dremel?

I bought my Lycosa in January of last year - cleaned it out for the first time a few weeks ago (you don't want to know the manner of crap I found inside it - not a nice job! :D)

I think it's a great keyboard. The low profile keys are really responsive and the backlighting is pretty good on it - plus you can turn the backlight off and it makes you look like a typing pro :D

4. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

I just looked at there top of the range mouse, and OMG, it looks like the bat mobile. :D

5. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

+1 great keyboard :thumb:

6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

For those who are using/have used a Razer Lycosa, have you found that the rubber coating wears off over time, particularly on the WASD keys?

7. Davzyii

Davzyii What's a Dremel?

Logitech keyboards tend to be very good, but Razer's are also good just a bit more likely to break after some time.

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

My ABS M1 beats the hell out of my G15.

Go mechanical.. Do eet.

The G15 feels so mushy and slow when i try to use it, though I admit even that is way better than my sister's Saitek Eclipse II..

9. NightGlyde

NightGlyde What's a Dremel?

What's the best gaming keyboard with b1ue back1ighting?

I 1ike the razer 1ycosa main1y because it's b1ue

(I have a back1it keyboard that started fai1ing ages ago. Yesterday I tried to fix it, and now the spacebar is even worse, and 3 keys aren't responding, which is why I'm making so many sbe11ing errors...)

10. Rezident

Rezident GFWL failed

Saitek Eclipse II was my favourite (yes better than the III), if you also find the G15/razers too darn big.

11. GMX09

GMX09 Frequent Tweaker

I've used both a G15 and a Saitek Eclipse II and if I were to speak honestly I'd recommend the Saitek Eclipse II. The G15 is a brilliant keyboard but because of the G keys on the far left hand side of the keyboard the keys are squashed in a little, which means it takes a lot to get used to for a touch typist, and then when you try typing with "normal" keyboards again you make similar mistakes because you're used to the feel of the G15.

All in all the G15 is a decent keyboard but I wouldn't pay full price for it. I managed to get mine for £30 and I think it's worth around that.

12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Depends how bright you want it.

If you want in your face bling... the Saitek. If you want subtle, so as to not distract, then I love my Logitech G110.

The Saitek suffers from light bleeding around the keys however. Not only do the letters themselves light up, but the area behind the keys too. The Logitech has zero light bleed.. only the letters light up.

[​IMG]

That image is misleading however... they are not as bright as that. As an example, I am now sitting in my room with teh blinds drawn. The blinds are semi-see through, so it's still quite bright in here. It's 9am and sunny outside, but the sun is not shining into the window. I can barely see the back lighting. At night however, the back lighting is very apparent, but not distracting when in the periphery of your vision.. as it should be.

The Logitech is designed to be functional - the Saitek is designed for bling IMO. That's not to say it's a bad keyboard, but you do not need back lighting that bright.

13. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

Not sure if you can still get these, but I use a Raptor Gaming K1, it was pricey when I got it but it was a responsive full size keyboard and numeric pad that had a significantly smaller footprint than normal and so would fit on my desks slidey tray with lots of extra space for a mouse and pad. No macros, media keys or fancy backlighting but it is really tactile and built like a tank, the kind of thing you could use to spang someone in the face if need be and still work afterwards.

14. flukielukie

flukielukie The Cool Guy

Well im on a budget, so im probably gonna try and get the Microsoft Reclusa.

15. GogoPogo

GogoPogo What's a Dremel?

i completely agree with that comment. :thumb: i moved from an Eclipse 2 to a Logitech G110 a few weeks ago. i don't use the G keys on the G110, they get in the way and squash the left side of the keyboard. even after a few weeks i'm still hitting the G keys instead of the normal left keys from Esc down to Ctrl. i am even thinking about removing the G keys but that will look very ugly. i don't want to bin the G110 yet until i've got some use out of it. my advice is don't buy a keyboard with added macro keys unless you really really need them. :(

16. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

i quite like the G15. It's the most comfortable i have used and for some reason or another i was not able to find a Saitek board anywhere. Went to curries to find myself a new keyboard and found the G15 the easiest to type one. I do a lot of programming and i must admit it's a very nice keyboard to work with. Also, compared to my old MX3200 it is a lot quieter and better built. Sure it's big and it has a lot of features you'll never use etc. But from a keyboard that is comfortable and easy to use, I like the G15. If I needed another i'd buy the same one again.

17. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

Is there any use for macro keys outside RPG-gaming and buying your standard equipment in counter strike?

I mean like; in the desktop enviroment, like, to be more productive? (,like:D)

18. Rotcrack

Rotcrack Food Maestro.

To open hidden folder/s depending on collection size? :rolleyes:

19. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

Logitech are the best for keyboards and mice. Personally, I am using a G11 which I find very good as a gaming keyboard. I find the screen of the G15 acts as a pointless distraction - you're trying to play a game which you need to concentrate on, and all the time you have pointless information flashing up just below the monitor. Also, the new G15 has very few macro keys compared to the G11 which still has the full 18.

20. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Update: I've gone through Razer Tarantula, G15 Rev 2, Roccat Arvo and am now using MS Sidewinder X4, which actually fits my liking the best. I don't agree with the gloss black finish, but the touch is nice and this also has the media keys I need.