1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis 2 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Jun 2010.

1. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

They move like noob players. >.>

Don't know if that's good or bad.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

tbh i think everyones first playthought was quite bad, i honestly cant remember what i was like when i first got Crysis

3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I can remember mine, got a scope and just started sniping. Just stayed in armour unless I got spotted then I would use stealth and move. Never really used strength or speed at all >.>

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

aw you are missing out, they are great fun to combine and experiment with.

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Will have to wait and see what the game play is like before I decide.

6. javaman

Thats what replays are for lol. I just wanted to get the story finished first time through

7. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Tbh with the amount of Umph you've got, it won't really matter whether its optimised or not!

8. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

I agree fighting the Aliens in Crysis and Warhead was boring as hell but after fighting KPA in Nanosuits what was left?

Crysis is just another boring game and I guess Crysis 2 will be even more boring but with worse graphics.

How Lame!

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

When the original Crysis came out even three of the highest end cards at the time (8800 ultras) couldn't run it at highest settings. There's nothing to stop that happening all over again! :eeek:

10. quickstream

quickstream Custom n00b

I better get saving I'm hoping to get my new build done in time for this game.

11. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

Every where i read and saw say its one of the nicest looking console games but not better then GOW 3 or uncharted 2. Doesn't really look that great to me The trailer has some terrible textures.

12. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

I prefer the forest/jungle to a city setting.

13. javaman

the problem them comes from the fact that that was the setting of the first game. What would be the point of remaking the first game essentially and as the creator said, how many people actually cared about the island?

14. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

They could have held it in a less monotonous area - like China, for example. Crashing the Great Wall should be awesome, + China has many different environments, with deserts, forests, urban areas, etc, unlike NYC. There are other countries, yes, but none that I can recall currently with as varied a landscape as China.

15. javaman

I doubt there is any major difference between a chinese city than an American one. They choose a city i doubt it matters what country its in. Putting landmarks or setting it in a very specific area such as the great wall in your example for the sake of it automatically dictates the flow of the game. By being general ie. forest, city, island.... they can make it much more open ended. Games like tomb raider, tony hawks and hitman have all done the world tour thing and making the the story connected and flowing without the major need of cutscenes. If anything, crysis kept things updated by changing from night to day, new objectives etc. Jungle divided up by small towns. Arguably thats where the most fun took place, bouncing between rooftops, laying traps and ambushes, sniper towers. Rather than making 4 different enviroments, its better to focus on one and make it the best you can.

16. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

For those missing the island jungle see Central Park, maybe?

17. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I'm OK with it being on a console (providing that doesn't limit the ambition of the PC game) and I'm OK with the combining of suit abilities... but I'm nervous about the move to new york. As Joe identified, nobody liked the trigens and nobody liked the aliens. Unless our character goes rogue, we are unlikely to be fighting any New Yorkers, thus one assumes that we must be fighting the aliens from the start. In both Far Cry and Crysis, the positives (apart from the suit and the weapons/vehicles) were fighting merceraries/North Koreans in a beautifully-rendered outdoor environment, with rocks, hills, trees, bushes, lakes and rivers. Fighting aliens in the concrete jungle sounds like the lamest alternative.

18. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

There are human enemies, though Crytek wouldn't go into details about their motivations for fighting. I remember it being something about mercenaries and soldiers and something. Also, you'll fight other people with nanosuits. Yay.

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

:duh:

20. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

LOL!

Tags: Add Tags