1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Sketchup Components Collection (SCC) Discussion

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jezmck, 25 Nov 2003.

1. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Great e-atx models Aterius - I see i'm not the only fan of server hardware :D

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Actually the board isn't E-ATX - it's even bigger. SSI-MEB form factor, 13x16 inches. It's a beast. To bad it won't take the new 12-core Opteron. :jawdrop::jawdrop: I'm open for donations towards getting one or two so I can double check my model. :naughty:

Thanks for the kind words. :)

3. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Damn that's huge!

4. SolidSnake

SolidSnake What's a Dremel?

Close to be done. I am kinda glad that it got that detailed. I hope you guys will like this.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Nicksen

Nicksen Danish Kid :D

Sorry for being such a noob... But how do I use all these cool stuff you are making? What programs do you use?

6. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Download google sketchup, read tutorials = :)

7. asura

asura jack of all trades

That looks crazy detailed SolidSnake, good work! One little worry, how big's the file sitting at?

Aye, Niksen, as SuicideNeil says, Google SketchUp is what most people here are using, there's a few people with 3DMax I think, but SU is free. It's also a bit basic, and in some respects a bit glitchy/frustrating, but it's got a very fast learning curve; I'd class it in the catagory of "easy to learn, difficult to master" Also there's a huge collection of components over here, hosted by Jez which can be dropped into any models you make.

8. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

I agree with asura. It is easy to master the basics, but takes a while to get the really good stuff! Practice and patience is what it takes.

9. SolidSnake

SolidSnake What's a Dremel?

At the moment it is 20,4 MB (for the whole case). I don´t think it will grow much because most of it is done.

Well, the front part took me about 5 1/2 months to creat it.

The case itself with the top and side panels about 6 1/2 months.

To be honest it is my first building with Google Sketchup (that means I learned it to handle with this).

The most craziest thing is for me that I made it nearly to a 1:1 proportion. I would say it is to 96% with the right measurements (some little parts of the front didn´t get right, don´t ask me why, I am clueless myself.)

Last edited: 17 May 2010
  10. Vehement

Vehement What's a Dremel?

Nice model solidsnake, im looking forward to seeing it finished.

I would have had more models up by now but my computer went poof a few weeks ago, still waiting on parts.

Managed to get a couple finished on the family PC.

Maxtor hard drive

[​IMG]

Rocker switch

[​IMG]

I've sent them to you today Jezmeck

Hope they go to good use :D

11. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

WoW!

I can't believe what I'm seeing here.:jawdrop: I feel like an old prospector who just struck gold. Hello to all and thanks for the hard work. Just clicked some of the links provided and again, Wow!:clap: I'm just now learning the ways of the Sketchup:wallbash: and then I find this little gold mine of a thread. Many thanks to all!

12. asura

asura jack of all trades

EVGA X58 SLI Micro

[​IMG]

Submited to SCC

13. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Hey people. Awesome work your doing. Getting close to my mod beginning and need a couple of models to complete it. I'm using sketchup but have autocad so either is fine but prefer sketchup. I need a ek supreme hf, a xspc rx 360, a dual d5 pump top with pumps (havent searched for that so might already be somewhere), not really needed but a vertex turbo ssd and samsung f3 hdd.
    If you have any of these or can draw them that would be awesome. Thankyou.

14. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

[​IMG]

A model of my K8N-DRE board (project o²) has been submitted!

15. LooseNeutral

SHHWEET! Thanks !:thumb:

16. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

Had my first go at Sketchup this afternoon, this is my next case build ( hopefully :D ).

[​IMG]

Any comments ?

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited: 25 Jun 2010
  17. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Looks good. Yes you can add colour in the free version. Just click the paint bucket choose your colour and click the face you want to colour. Instead of black use charcoal because it's easier to see. Good luck with it.

18. maxxis777

maxxis777 What's a Dremel?

Hi! sorry for my English, its not very good :) can make mistakes. I sow you theme http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=2159335, can You help me?
    If you have draft fullcover for Ati 5870 in corel or something like thouse? can You send me to email? I have possibility to made it by myself, but I am not able to work in Corel

19. ĿªЪяεġø™

ĿªЪяεġø™ Rabbit Modder !

MSI XPower, submited to SCC :thumb:

[​IMG]

20. LooseNeutral

It's all good! Thanks for the hard work. The EK 5870 and MSI board are just what I need. GREAT!:rock:
    That's a fine job for just starting with SU! Play'n with it for over a month now and just getting some basics down. Can anyone tell me a quick and dirty way to get the F@#$% components/groups to line up into place. :wallbash: There's got to be a snap to function I'm missing. It's killing me. Thanks:D