1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Na'ir al Saif

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Attila, 3 Feb 2010.

1. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I thought it meant Quite F*cking True.

lol

2. ModaRobby

ModaRobby What's a Dremel?

+1 for being hilarious!

3. Attila

Attila still thinking....

I didn't see it either. :worried:

Haha, just kidding, thanks 22. :thumb:

Thanks mate. :thumb:

Thanks stone. :thumb:

Thank you. :) I'm not really sure what you said in the first part, but I need the GFX
    card to complete the cable management covers, etc. Im trying to keep busy in
    other areas until the card arrives.

Thanks. :) I'm not too concerned about the screws on the front. It's supposed to
    look like a machine so some screws and other stuff fit in well imo. Plus, with most
    of the alu anodised, the ss screws contrast nicely (see CX1) again imo. ;)

Thank you. :)

Haha, hang on I'll just go and get one (I have two). :hehe:

Thanks. :thumb:

Yeah I'll have to tape it up again. I really couldn't tell if I liked it or not with the paper on.

Thanks Robby. :thumb: If that's you in the avatar, congratulations. :clap:
    In regards to not knowing what it's going to look like, don't worry, I've replaced the
    alu skin with clear plex and turned it inside out so the internal frame is now on the outside.
    And it may change again. ;)

Thanks. :)

Thank you. :thumb:

Thanks mate. :thumb:

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Just realised you don't post renders, but do you do basic renders at all as a guide at least for your self?.

You just give us a name for the project & let eye poppingly good modding unfold, great style bud ;), think I'll do the same when I start my next whenever that may be :D, it keeps it all an impressive surprise, it's awesome just waiting for what's next, that acrylic piece joined up to the aluminium looks fleeeping nice & spot on :rock:.

Mod on bud :clap::thumb:.

5. Monsta

Monsta Dremel Blades in ma head!

Excellent modding & machining skills :jawdrop:

Loving the contrast of the Alu & Perspex which has also given me some handy tips n tricks for my upcoming project... Using the same materials but totally different.

Subbed :thumb:

6. ModaRobby

Don't know what you mean by congratulations because that my was my 12th/senior year Prom picture. If you were saying congratulations for having a beautiful girlfriend that listens to my PC ranting that she doesn't understand anyway: then thank you I am blessed.

If you think that is a wedding picture: possibly in a few years, we've been together since 7th grade.

Back to the mod: Even after you explained your intentions I still don't know what it's going to look like. Ya know when you try to picture someone from say, 10 years ago and you can't get a clear picture? Well that's what is going on in my head but my brain is doing this :lol: (not lol but spinning in circles)

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not worried. This was awesome as soon as I saw your skills with that aluminum. You take the word perfection, beat it with a shovel, and then call it a poser.

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Noooooo! I liked the open side concept.
    Well... Maybe I should shut up until we see what you have planned. I have the feeling it will still be awesome.

8. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Sir, as with all your work to-date, this is just a stunning example of craftsmanship.

Very impressed - looking forward to it's progression.

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Those feet mate, they just ain't doing it for me at all, same with that area where the power buttons use to be.

I suspect you'll turn it around in a glorious fashion, but at the moment i'm not digging it.

Props for the fact its hand made, but you know I've always got your corner defending that against the haters

10. Azayles

Azayles Minimodder

It is also a crafty example of stunmanship.

Oh yes :)

11. dream caster

dream caster just lurking from out there

very diffferent to preceding works but just as beautiful.

12. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery What's a Dremel?

Mate this is incredible. All your work is incredible. I'm incredibly impressed about how many times I got to use the term incredible. It's incredible! :lol:

Seeing as you are a fellow Melbourne-dweller - where do you get your acrylic and alu sheets from? Bunnings has bugger all; and GamMods is always sold out - and not exactly local!

Looking great mate; hope you are enjoying the long weekend :)

Cheers,

Alex

13. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Haters? What haters?? I think it's safe to say oldnewby has no haters, but if you know of any, you just point 'em out and I'm sure you'll get 100 of us grabbin' for our torches and pitchforks to run 'em outa here! lol

14. Attila

Thanks mate. :thumb: If you go back to when the main alu parts were started, you'll see
    that these parts were all planned and drawn up in SU. So, by and large, the chassis was
    carefully planned and drawn, well before construction started.

Thanks monsta. :thumb:

Congratulations are always in order any time you get that close to a lovely woman. ;)

Well, it's still kinda going to be open on this side. Kinda. :D

Thanks Langer. :thumb:

Well, I like em and I'm the boss, so I win. :hehe::lol:

But seriously, join the club, according to the 30 percent rule there are a lot of you that don't
    like the feet or this or that or even the whole thing. I can only build and keep what pleases
    me. In fact I'm always hoping to just make something 'interesting', anything else is a bonus.

Thank you. :thumb:

Thanks dream caster. :)

Wow, that's incredible. :hehe: Thanks mate, I buy plex from 'Plastics for industry' in
    Dandenong. Alu comes from Action aluminium, also in Dandy.

Haha, thanks for the support mate. :thumb: For some reason an episode of the simpsons
    came to mind after reading this. :hehe:

15. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Projects like this are intriguing because you simply cannot fathom the big picture of the end result. Same thing occurred with Cygnus.

How that piece of plastic will be attached to the case?

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Oh, must have missed it, lol, well this log deserves a good few look throughs anyway, just like a good film hehe :clap:.

17. Shadow703793

Shadow703793 What's a Dremel?

This thread is more interesting than 95% of the cr@ppy movies Hollywood makes/made this year.;)

18. ModaRobby

19. Attila

Well it's been a while, but for various reasons I have been unable to do any
    work on this (in fact I've been unable to move :hehe:). I was fit enough to start
    playing about ten days ago, but haven't done a great deal.
    Some photo's are mixed up time wise, don't know whether I'm coming or going at the
    moment. :rolleyes:

There was a good deal on line for a graphics card, so I bought one and put all
    the parts together to make sure everything works before I start to mod some.
    Loaded OS, drivers etc and played around for a few hours and everything works
    good.

[​IMG]

Graphics mostly look great on the cooler side, but this side is hard to get a look at when
    in place as it points down, and the top of most cards look crap, so a cover needs to be made
    for the top.

First the cooler cover is painted to better match the mobo colour scheme.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then a simple cover was knocked up out of 1mm sheet. The cover for the ATX 24pin will
    also connect to this cover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A small bracket will hold a cover for the ATX 24 pin connector.

[​IMG]

I made a plastic box just to test how the 24 pin cover will look but this will be made
    in alu later.

[​IMG]

So, with the cover on top, the graphics card should look passable all round. Here you can
    probably see a plexi brace to support the front of the card. I had to put something here
    because even without the cover, the unsupported weight of the card at the front pulls
    it down about 5 or 6mm. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

In these two pics you can see that air flow will be good with all the covers in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few more pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next job will be to make the back door.

See you soon (hopefully) :)

20. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I'm still trying to get a handle on how all of this is going to come together, but what you have so far looks exceptional. I just want to know how you manage not to scratch the alu while you are working with it.