1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Epic: "PC piracy drove us to consoles"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 May 2010.

1. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

That's very true that it costs them to do updates, however I believe that with some of the updates, they're laying the groundwork for upcoming projects.

With the recent update to portal, moving it to the latest version of the source engine, I think part of the reason they did that was to lay the ground work for portal 2.

Last edited: 21 May 2010
  2. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

HUH? Show me where Gears of War 2 is on PC?

3. Warrior24_7

Warrior24_7 What's a Dremel?

Just because Gears of War 2 & (maybe) 3 are Xbox 360 exclusive (a M$ decision), doesn't mean that they've stopped making PC games. UT III was cross platform and the new game Bullet Storm that looks pretty good, is Cross platform as well. Whats the difference between them and Crytek who has said and done the exact same thing?!! I don't get it?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/108/1089297p1.html

4. Mithyx

Mithyx There is no Dremel

This news article should've had trollface.jpg as the picture.

5. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

They keep trying to blame their fans and it's not right. The market has moved towards consoles because they are cheaper and more accessible. They certainly have managed to alienate me, I've been quite offended by their comments and absolute **** support for Gears of War on PC, which I bought by the way. I won't be buying their products on PC or console and this just reinforces why.

6. Pooeypants

Pooeypants What's a Dremel?

UT3 felt like a step backwards compared to its predecessors. I mean, if it were as good as 2k4 or 2k3 then why doesn't it still have a good MP base? I had the game preordered and as soon as I loaded up into the menu, I could feel the consolitis seeping through.

The jury is still out for Crytek but rest assured that if they gimp Crysis 2 due to console constraints, we'll be there to flame on.

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

You couldn't be more right

Tags: Add Tags