1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Oh yeah some of the streets in old european cities are ridiculously small... Being from America (the continent damn it) I bet I couldn't even walk in them !

2. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Fix'd

America=/=North America

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

*sigh*

4. Mr.ME

Mr.ME Minimodder

my weekend car

finaly got it on the road last weekend and im loving it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gareth24 likes this.
  5. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon What's a Dremel?

6. Gareth24

Gareth24 Folding = vdubs

love the beatle :thumb:

7. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

For the past month, Ive been stuck with a black metalflake Hemi Charger. so many rentals since mid Jan. I can't keep up. Pick up a new ride on the 20th when I return from 4 days in Colorado. PT Cruisers, Kia Souls, Chargers, Impalas, all just rentals but the Kia Soul far and away has the best factory installed stereo. The fool Hemi chargers have some kind of traction control that is totally miserable in a place that rains every day. Spin the wheels forever on the dry. Try to turn at power in the rain and it Hail Mary time.

john

8. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

This is my new(old) car. Had to sell my Legnum as I couldn't fix it.
    Stats
    1986 Nissan Pulsar
    1.3L Inline 4cyl, Carb - 65hp, 4speed manual. 3200rpm @ 100Kph
    2 Door hatch in orange!
    Weighs 750kg empty.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cost me NZ$800 ( GBP 380, 455 Euro or US$550) with current Warrant of Fitness (NZ equiv. to MOT), licence, brand new tyres, new cambelt and radiator. 225,000kms, barely run in for a older Nissan!

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

225 000 ? I have 25k more on my 2001 accord :hehe:

10. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

ex-company car?

Oh forgot to mention:
    Car was made in Japan and finished in NZ in early 1986
    I have all the receipts for work done since 1990
    This thing hauls for a 1.3l due to the power/weight ratio
    It gets 7L/100km

It was made the year I was born!

11. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Over here we have some parking houses that are so damn small that no normal car could even drive through them without backing up a few times. Even my 5series BMW can't even make the turn properly, and that's a RWD car... If you manage to park the wheels on both sides almost touch the white lines between spaces.

12. Altron

Altron Minimodder

It varies a lot from place to place. Many of the states that were originally colonies have areas of narrow and twisty backroads that were originally meant for horse travel. Whereas, the newer states in the Midwest and West Coast were settled after the automobile entered widespread use, and have roads designed to handle a high volume of car. Where I am, NJ/NYC, we have a lot of old and narrow roads that we can't expand because there are buildings on either side that are a hundred years old, and the real estate is too expensive for road developers to buy them out.

13. Penfold101

Penfold101 What's a Dremel?

2007 Vauxhall Signum 3.0 V6 CDTi Elite

Every optional extra box ticked, including all Irmscher styling kit. Most of that has been
    replaced with VXR kit, including the brakes, side skirts, front bumper and the headlights. Exhaust and rear spoiler are the only Irmscher bits left.

Wheels are only 18" as I do a lot of mileage and I like a bit of comfort.

Reversing camera has been added using the colour Satnav screen fitted from the factory, and can be selected at any time seperately.

190bhp, 300lbs/ft of torque, and averages 40mpg, with thew best I've seen being 47...:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Penfold, that's one of the nicest Vauxhalls I've ever seen :) A really awesome motor by the looks and sounds of it! 3L cheesecake :D Have you done most of the aftermarket work youself or did you pick it up from a previous loving owner?

15. Penfold101

Cheers mate...:D

It's half and half really. This is what she looked like when I bought her:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...which is how I believe she came out of the factory. There's been a few changes on the inside, but nothing major. Main addition is the Travel Assistant, incorporating a fridge...:D

[​IMG]

It's covered in brown leather as the bloke I bought it off had had his whole interior retrimmed in that colour...

This is the reverse camera:

[​IMG]

...and how it originally worked off the parking sensor switch and reverse gear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWnSsxSAjs

That's altered slightly now though.

Not bad for a car with 95K on it...:eeek:

Unicorn likes this.
  16. Unicorn

Very nice. That's definately a car to be proud of. I bet it sounds great too with those twin exhausts and a 3L displacement :)

Update on my own car - Didn't get a chance to do much cleaning this weekend. I was too busy yesterday and it rained today, so I'm going to give it a quick run over in the morning before lunch. I'm also going to collect the Clarion speakers (2 front, 2 rear & 2 tweeters) out of my old car from the dealership and get them fitted. They have a nice set of 16" rims in the showroom at the moment as well. I don't think I'll be able to resist them much longer :p Anyone looking for a mint set of 2010 Clio 14's in the next month or so? ;) I also need to get the first aid kit re-assembled and fit the clip for it in the boot, then get something done about the head unit. I was hoping to find a single DIN flip-out screen unit with SatNav, DVD playback, bluetooth and full iPod & iPhone connectivity. Ideas anyone? I really wish the car had a double DIN socket, but I'll have to find a single unit that does everything I want.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2010
  17. Penfold101

Well at idle it sounds just like a diesel - just a 6 cylinder one...:D

Cruising in 6th at 70 is a tad under 2000 rpm and you can't hear a thing form the engine.

Takie it up passed 3000rpm and it has a lovely purr to it. The exhausts don't actually add anything to the noise - they're purely for style, but brand new the setup is about 1500 squid..:eeek:

18. Unicorn

Ah I see, it's a diesel. Sorry, I just assumed it was petrol for some reason. With 190 bhp I'd say it pulls fairly well no matter what it's running on :thumb:

19. Penfold101

It's more the torque that helps to be honest - I'm not sure I could ever go back to a petrol now...:D

20. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Have you considered having it remapped?